Wow Me! (Synth Suggestions...Dune 2 Winner Prize Ready...Update 5/5)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OnePingOnly

replicant X wrote:It's time to try VirSyn TERA.
TERA is :tu:
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

It's time to try Loomer Aspect.

For those who recommended Tera 3, I've gotten used to the GUI (it's not horrible) and I'm this close to getting it but I've discovered what I think is a bug but I'd like to confirm that I'm setting this up correctly. I can't get the Master reverb or chorus to work no matter what I do.

I have a simple setup.

1 anaTera module. Just left it at the default setting.

Went to the Mixer. Turned on the reverb (it's lit)

Turned the reverb send dial on channel 1 all the way to the right.

Chose reverb hall 1.

Turn master reverb switch all the way to the right.

Absolutely no change in sound.

I understand that this is a 10 year old synth and it's quite possible it just doesn't work on my PC 100%. So far this is the only bug I've found. It's not the end of the world as I can just use FX inserts and pull up my own reverb if I want to do global reverb FX. Individual module delay and other FX do work fine. It's just the master section that doesn't do anything at all.

Is there something else somewhere that I have to set in order to get master FX to work?

Today I made my first purchase (Z3ta+2) because of the suggestions and the sale at Pluginboutique that was just too good to pass up on a synth that I initially underestimated. After losing my stubbornness and demoing it, I discovered how amazing it is, especially for 50 bucks.

Anyway, these were the 3 who recommended it.

Naenyn
Yessongs
Yobare

Because this isn't my main purchase (that is still coming sometime in April when I make my final decision on my main synth) I am going to give each of these members a Z3ta+2 soundbank after I have it completed which I expect to be done sometime by the end of April. That will be my next project.

Thank you for recommending an excellent synth at a price that was just too good to pass up.

Where on earth can you buy Z3ta+ for $50?
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

spaceman wrote:Where on earth can you buy Z3ta+ for $50?
It is a special deal now at PluginBotique for z3ta+ v2 I belive.

z3ta+ v1 you get when buying one of the higher editions of Sonar.

It is good to see users getting props for bigging up z3ta+ v2. If there ever is an underrated synth that is z3ta+ v2.

I thought it was excellent, and then I discovered the effects rack :hug:

Numanoid wrote:

It is good to see users getting props for bigging up z3ta+ v2. If there ever is an underrated synth that is z3ta+ v2.

Yes, very underrated synth and shame on me for dismissing it so quickly. I kind of deserve to get ragged on for that one.

PS - what is up with KVR today? A lot of timeouts and page can't load errors. Anyone else getting this?

z3ta is a really powerfull synth , but a little buggy with some automations, good luck: )

kokotte wrote:z3ta is a really powerfull synth , but a little buggy with some automations, good luck: )
Yah if you use DAW automation it will cancel out the built in automation and vice versa. I wonder if they fixed that or not..
:borg:

wagtunes wrote:
Numanoid wrote:

Yes, very underrated synth and shame on me for dismissing it so quickly. I kind of deserve to get ragged on for that one.

PS - what is up with KVR today? A lot of timeouts and page can't load errors. Anyone else getting this?
How many other suggestions got dismissed too quickly? ;)

Just givin ya hell man. Glad you found something.

I haven't read the whole thread but I'm surprised Diva isn't there. Sure it's based on simple analogs, but there are some amazing sounds you can get out of it that are pretty unique, for example duophonic mode with ring mod and filter FM (and with either moog overdrive or dual ms20 filters) is gnarly heaven!

Speaking of duophonic Oddity 2 not only sounds great, but does have mad modulation now.

And how about Synplant! Super simply front end but VERY unique sound and functions. And you can use the DNA parameters directly for les random sound design. V2 will be amazing I'm sure (which is way overdue).

Poly-Ana - Beautiful sound, plenty of modulation, including audio rate and cross-mod stuff.

Chromaphone - Cool physical modelling hybrid stuff...

ImNotDedYet wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Numanoid wrote:

How many other suggestions got dismissed too quickly? ;)

Just givin ya hell man. Glad you found something.
Hey, I deserve it. To be fair, I went back and tested everything that was suggested which ultimately led to my Cubase getting trashed and having to be reinistalled, but that's okay. Not the end of the world.

Lot of the stuff was either buggy or had terrible GUIs that I couldn't read. In fact, I have the complete list of every synth I tested and the reason I had to reject it.

Right now I'm down to these 4.

Spectral
Syn'X
Dune 2
Sunrizer * (Windows version needs to come out)

That's the holdup. Once I can test that I'll know what I'm doing. I have an extra $50 now too so I've got $250 to spend. Subtract $50 for Z3ta+2 and that still leaves me with $200. That means I can get one of the 3 main synths PLUS Sunrizer if I really like it.

After really digging into Spectral, Syn'X and Dune 2, I am really torn between those 3 and it's going to be a very hard decision to make. Dune 2 really grew on me. The ability to modulate by voice is just awesome. It's giving Spectral a real run for it's money. The only plus that Spectral really has right now is the price. It's $20 cheaper.

Like I said, I'll definitely know by the 15th of April. That's only a little over 2 weeks away. That's when the remaining winners will be announced, which means I could has as many as 3 libraries I have to put together. That's going to take some time so I hope the winners will be patient.

Hey man. Just came by to tell you that DUNE 2 is $20 off until april 6th (down to $149), if that matters for your decision.

Yorrrrrr wrote:Hey man. Just came by to tell you that DUNE 2 is $20 off until april 6th (down to $149), if that matters for your decision.
Well, I just did my taxes on April 1 and I'm getting $3,200 back from the federal and state combined, which I did not expect at all. So that changes a lot of things right now. The $20 discount is nice but it's not a deal breaker.

Actually, this is what I'm thinking of doing. Tell me if you like this plan.

This month I'm working on the patch library for Z3ta+2 for the 3 winners.

In May, I'm going to start my next library (I do one a month) and am going to choose one of the synths in my finalists list. After that one is done, I'll announce the winner and then in June, pick another synth and so on until my list has been exhausted.

This way I don't have to wrack my brains picking just one. So I'm probably going to end up getting Dune 2 eventually. I just don't know when. And yeah, I get that I should probably pick it up while it's $20 off, but what if a few months down the road they have an even better sale? I've seen synths sold for half price. That's why I want to wait this one out to see if a better deal comes along. Right now, not having actually received my refunds yet (and who knows how long my wonderful govt is going to take) I want to play this tight to the vest.

Right now, my finalist list looks like this.

Spectral (always loved it)
Syn-X (really loving this more everyday)
Dune 2 (growing on me a lot)
Diva (can't deny it sounds great)
Sunrizer (still waiting for Windows demo)

Yes, I still consider Diva a narrow synth but there is no denying that it is one of the best "sounding" synths around for what it does. And I do love and have 4 U-he synths (ACE, Zebra 2, Tyrell N6, Bazille) already and love them all. They may very well be my favorite synth maker.

Anyway, with those 5 synths the total comes out to $725. With the $20 off for Dune 2, it's still $705. Not really enough difference to run out and get it now.

The other synths I demo'd either have small GUIs (in most of the cases), are very narrow (like Oxium, which I still might get someday) or are full of bugs on my system (Loom, Tera3)

A few I just didn't like the sound of (Diversion, Synplant, CRX4, VirtualCZ)

At the end of this month, when the soundbank for Z3ta+2 is done, I'll come back to this thread and announce it so that the 3 winners can contact me on how to download their soundbank, if they even want it. I figured since they recommended the synth in the first place they must like it, though I guess you should never assume anything.

Anyway, that's where I am right now. Thank you for giving me the heads up on Dune 2. I have a few days still to decide if I want to jump on it right away.

Its seems that off the back of my posts in this thread: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=435829

Wag has made is decision and it's Dune2.

Now surely i deserve some part of the bounty for forming the deciding argument on this. :wink: :wink:

Return to “Instruments”