Any updates on U-he Hive release?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thank you for the links. I understand- these are patches or presents? If you have the latest build easily available, may be you can post it for me as well. I appreciate it very much.

The free version with some sounds is great. Free version that works 15 days is great too. Free version that has noise every 5 seconds is annoying. lol. Spectroscopic. Free version that going on forever with all the sounds included- great. Thanks, but why would I buy full version? $100 is a lot of money in the US, but in many other countries in the world it is like monthly income. Many musicians live pay check to pay check and many get no paychecks at all. It is great to have free plugin when you are one that has it for free. When you actually paid for it because you thought (was told) it will be only free for limited time, got only 5 sounds for your money and patiently waiting for more, and then realize that it still free 3 months later and there hundreds of sounds that everybody else got without even paying- it does not feel that great.

Thank you for the links.

Astralv wrote:
Thing is, we now have a lot more than 1000 factory presets that were done with the current beta (I wouldn't be surprised if we surpass 1500 + contributions in a week). There will not be any change in sound until final release. There will only be glitches and flaws removed. If you make music with the current version, it'll sound the same (less, say, hanging notes) after updating to the final.
Thank you for the information. I am not sure what this means. Does it means that 1500 sounds are already available to everybody for free and there will be no new sounds with final release, not available to everybody else for free? In that case- can I have a refund and use the free version instead? (Ok- I don’t really want a refund. I want to have something that people who did not pay don’t have).
No offense meant, but rather than talking so much, perhaps you might listen a little more to things people have said.

Right now, everyone can use the beta for free... that includes any available presets. What you have that the free users don't is a license. When Hive 1.0 officially ships, there will be no free beta available anymore and the price will be $50 higher.

By buying early you received a discount of $50 and the reason you received that discount is because until 1.0 version officially ships, you will have to put up with beta software, an uncertain official release date and unofficial support.

Before you paid some money, one question in the U-he forum would have clarified how it works. Just because you have a set of expectations of how it works does not make it so, nor does it make U-he obliged to fulfill your expectations.

Also, you do not have to look through 1643 replies. The latest beta is on the first post of the thread... an obvious place to look. Again, one simple question would have answered that. You spent more time writing up this long post than it would have taken to go to the forum, find the latest beta with presets and install it and start using it.

Astralv wrote: Um… the product page, may be?......
Nope, front page, top line, second link from the right. Try again.
http://www.u-he.com/cms/
:hihi:
Last edited on Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 17 times in total.
:dog: :hihi: :lol:

Astralv wrote:Thank you for the links. I understand- these are patches or presents? If you have the latest build easily available, may be you can post it for me as well. I appreciate it very much.

The free version with some sounds is great. Free version that works 15 days is great too. Free version that has noise every 5 seconds is annoying. lol. Spectroscopic. Free version that going on forever with all the sounds included- great. Thanks, but why would I buy full version? $100 is a lot of money in the US, but in many other countries in the world it is like monthly income. Many musicians live pay check to pay check and many get no paychecks at all. It is great to have free plugin when you are one that has it for free. When you actually paid for it because you thought (was told) it will be only free for limited time, got only 5 sounds for your money and patiently waiting for more, and then realize that it still free 3 months later and there hundreds of sounds that everybody else got without even paying- it does not feel that great.

Thank you for the links.
Presets or patches, same thing really.

Latest build is here: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=430425.

I feel like you are confusing this with a demo and in that I agree 15 day unrestricted is my preference over noise every 5 seconds. But this is not a demo going on forever, it is a public beta. Public because that way anyone who wants to try it and look for bugs can, free because charging people to act as beta-testers is something u-He don't want to do. It is certainly not going on forever, even from the start it was looking like an April release (there was talk of rushing it earlier but most here, including those that paid said they'd rather wait).

I think you will find that most of the active users have now chosen to pay. I know i did and while I'm eager to get the full 1500 presets, am happy to wait knowing that these delays owe more to Urs own perfectionism than any kind of imagined laziness.

All this aside though, and considering the debate about this in here, I agree with you about the lack of email updates being a bit of bad form. With so many of their users on here frequently I guess they didn't expect many people to not check here regularly. Hopefully, Urs has been reading this and taking it on board. It's not log now till official release, I'm certain you will get an email about that (do check you spam folder though).

Gosh. Seriously?

The product page of Hive has this unmistakable first sentence:
You can download the beta and find out more information at our forum on KVR .
This includes a link to the first page of the Hive thread. All Newsletters except for the last one had those links too.

Why do we do this? - So we have all information in one single place. So we don't need to waste time doing web design.

When we don't rub Hive into everyone's face at all times and ways imaginable, it is because there was no new download or anything. We are very careful not to spam the subscribers of our newsletter. We do not repeat ourselves in a bimonthly update about all the same things. If you want to be up to date with Hive, subscribe to the Hive thread. There's also a "Hive facts" thread which has a lot of important information condensed without hundreds of posts of discussion around it.

If your Hive still has only 5 presets, it has gone into demo mode. It's expired. Public Beta version expire. They're free, but not forever.

Now, all in one place, a single click to the first post of the Hive thread would have told you all information that you need:
We've uploaded a new version, rev 3304, link below. The public beta period has been extended till end of March 2015 and a bunch of presets have been added as a Factory Preview.

Your feedback and things were simply too good - but also a bit too overwhelming - to finish this before my holidays. I'll be back to finish this in March and we'll probably release it in April (we'll have a booth at Musikmesse…).
Therefore: Website (+ Newsletter) leads to Hive thread, Hive thread has all information. Right there.

Lastly, "3304" is more precise than dates or even version numbers. It's the little number that's displayed in every user interface of our plug-ins. We use it all the time during beta testing (as well as customer support) because it is the *only* way to identify specific versions. It is therefore the only way to correlate whatever bug/issue a users experiences to a specific state the codebase was in.

We will make sure that we have something useful to report in our next newsletter.

Don't feel there's aneed for email updates and the like when this trhead exists, part of the anticipation and involvment to read through and see what issues, points and developments have evolved.

As for presets - simply scour the thread and the web loads out there just checked my directory - 2142 patches of which many I have probably not listened to or heard ... yet!

Yup- you cant please all of the people all of the time. But I suspect U-he pleases 99.9% of all of the people all of the time!

I suspect that Hive will end up with more pre-sets than any other synth as its a joy to program. My only complaint with U-he is that I now own all of the synths (and Satin + MFB2) so have run out of stuff to buy from U-He! Its the first time I haven't been waiting for something that was coming...Bazille must have had the longest (free and open) beta of all time :-)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

No offense meant, but rather than talking so much, perhaps you might listen a little more to things people have said.
1+

OP seems unable to visit developer homepage and didn't read the info that the beta version expire on a certain date. Furthermore he didn't managed to work with the beta during the given timescale otherwise he had know that they are more presets then five.

But no reason to be sad! Look at my sig! :)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

sometimes stupidity should hurt... yeah u-He sucks ass, even worse than apple! *g*
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I just came for the presents.
as 50 presents not worth of my $100.

KVR never fails to impress me.

I see someone is writing literally longest post on forum I ever seen, which is stating that he has no time to read thread with actual information.

Is it hypocrisy or really amazing sence of humor?
Murderous duck!

There might be a time when people read the whole thread and realize that the OP is female... :P

Anyway, even as woman with kids it should be possible in a few minutes to read the official Hive thread in the U-He forum which includes all informations, TONS of presets and even a thread where you can ask for new features!

Furthermore, why do you need 350 (!) synths, Astralv? How can you actually make music with all of them if you haven't even enough time to visit the U-He forum? :o

Tricky-Loops wrote:There might be a time when people read the whole thread and realize that the OP is female... :P

Anyway, even as woman with kids it should be possible in a few minutes to read the official Hive thread in the U-He forum which includes all informations, TONS of presets and even a thread where you can ask for new features!

Furthermore, why do you need 350 (!) synths, Astralv? How can you actually make music with all of them if you haven't even enough time to visit the U-He forum? :o
I'm a feminist so I don't discriminate... :D Male or Female they are deeply lazy and opened a very banal thread.

U-he have are easy to contact. Why didn't op just send them a mail it would be a lot easier then having a rant.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Actually, getting a few posts that make me edgy is good. Grrrl and I are preparing to move into our new home, so a bit a extra adrenalin helps carrying boxes.

Urs wrote:Actually, getting a few posts that make me edgy is good. Grrrl and I are preparing to move into our new home, so a bit a extra adrenalin helps carrying boxes.
I hope you don't have as many boxes as there are Hive presets! :P

Return to “Instruments”