Sundog 2.0 (electronic songwriting software) coming soon.. -> Sneak Preview!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sundog Song Studio

Is there a thread already for xoto pad? I'm wondering how it could be used to make violins (mostly Kontakt) more expressive and whether there is or will be a video showing it controlling violin articulations.

I've just been watching your demo videos. One thing that I noticed is that when programming chord progressions, there doesn't seem to be any way to specify inversions. Did I just miss that, or is it not possible?
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

would be awesome to have a switch for alternative chords here, to be able to load a set of chords based on chord substitution/diatonic reharmonisation. ;)

deastman wrote:I've just been watching your demo videos. One thing that I noticed is that when programming chord progressions, there doesn't seem to be any way to specify inversions. Did I just miss that, or is it not possible?
There are two ways to select/create inversions:

A) When you click on a chord button Sundog will show you an underline on those buttons that are inversions of the original chord.

B) You can create inversions on your own by clicking on the notes of the keyboard in chords view.

The "underline method" works quite well, but maybe I should find a way to visualize it more clearly^^.
BTW: Sundog arranges the chords by pitch. The columns to the left contain lower chords than those to the right. This makes it quite easy to choose chords by ear once you get used to it.
Songwriting software: Sundog Song Studio (standalone) | MelodicFlow (plug-in) | ChordPotion (plug-in) | XotoPad (Windows touch app)

Musical Gym wrote:Is there a thread already for xoto pad? I'm wondering how it could be used to make violins (mostly Kontakt) more expressive and whether there is or will be a video showing it controlling violin articulations.
Hehe, no there is no thread for XotoPad yet ;). But XotoPad will get an update as well in the next months. And then I will do some better videos there, too.
Songwriting software: Sundog Song Studio (standalone) | MelodicFlow (plug-in) | ChordPotion (plug-in) | XotoPad (Windows touch app)

great, I know I should try the demo for it

Suloo wrote:would be awesome to have a switch for alternative chords here, to be able to load a set of chords based on chord substitution/diatonic reharmonisation. ;)
I am always open to new ideas here :)! The main interface will probably stay like this, but I already toyed around with the idea to provide different views or keyboard shortcuts for various use cases. Thanks for the idea!

;) great!

this already looks like it's clickable, so if one could click that and get a drop down with a small selection, like triad or quad substitution and the chord collum then shows the according chords, would be great for songwriting. :)

but consider the feature freeze :) just toying around with this idea.

Hauke,

I think you may want to consider getting a "FeelYourSound" company forum added to the "Official Company Forums" here at KVR. It would provide a place for folks to post product questions (to both you and fellow users of FeelYourSound products) and to suggest product feature requests.

Thanks.
Tony
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Hi Tony,

yes, I thought about this one as well.. I think I will do that soon. I'm still thinking about the pros and cons of having a KVR sub-forum or a forum on my own server. But it makes sense to have a place where people can ask questions etc.

Cheers,
Hauke

You need to request a developer account at KVR and not have a forum of your own.
After you sign up for the dev account and then ask Ben for the sub-forum, be prepared to wait awhile (sometimes weeks or months)...
It's worth it though, I think. The traffic/exposure here might prove more beneficial than on your site..

Agreed. I only visit two music forums: KVR and Muffwiggler. I don't have the time or inclination to check in at the individually hosted forums for every manufacturer of the hundreds of tools I own. If you want to reach the largest audience, you absolutely have to have a sub-forum here.

Musical Gym, deastman, Tony: Yes, KVR is a great forum indeed :). I guess you are right that a sub-forum here would be the better choice.

otherwise the spreading(octave doubling etc.) can be solved with Nora ( which is a chord chopper on steroids https://www.squaredheads.com/index.php )

brilliant ones
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

I've been playing with the demo version and I'm definitely impressed. I can't wait for the new version!

The only disappointment, which isn't the fault of this program, was the discovery that MIDI Yoke will no longer install on my new Windows 8.1 laptop. I guess there is supposed to be an updated installer coming eventually...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”