xoxos - really good weed

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

reception for other tracks motivated me to "finish" haha another

http://xoxos.net/temp/preview/reallygoodweed.mp3

i liked the tone of these patches (mostly haha) and am impressed by the emotivity despite being absolutely quantised. and that i managed to find some nice tones with only a few days of fenangling. with only a few parts. stony minimalism.

a planned layer of production on these tracks consists of synth whirrs and "robot assembly line" sounds like everything is being bolted in place, which is why the quantised aesthetic is precedent.

"cause i made it up on some really good weed".
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

spot me here -

intro, after the 8m "clarinet", widens out with sustained "trumpet" to left and "sax" to right -

the sax on the right is a single sustained note with filter and amp modulation. the filter is 12dB, followed by 4 band EQ.. the osc is a saw with a bit of phase modded sine. no inordinately unusual spectrum.

but that tone has "air" to my ear, like noise or ?? sitting on it, like breath. maybe it's the psychoacoustics of fooling myself that it's a sax. you hear? i doubt it's noise produced by the sum of EQ processing. i get that a lot with these patches and try to nurture it..
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

I like that sound, too, as well as the expression 'the psychoacoustics of fooling myself.'

That must've been some really good weed. Nice track!

website went down, bump to give *you* another chance at monitoring signals!

relly been having a blast with this idiom, been busy but prudent to wait until it's all together.

Oh that's really nice :tu:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

bubblegum. i set my facebook profile to "in a relationship".

This is really cool xoxos! Lovely laid back vibe. The saxes sound great...
Well done! :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Great tune. Making this reply in the full editor killed the tune though! :dog:

Starting again :phones:

sharing this bit to put it on hold for a while.. too much or too little, it's not sublimated yet, drum patches wrong. but again i am liking where the instrument patching is going, often surprised by tones.

tempo is about half of the first version, which was kind of a madcap thing. i wanted to chill it and bring out the relaxed, assured swing and make it really pleasant, think my focus kinda drifted with some of the parts which is nice or clever but reduces the song. like weed or lavender are musically energetically tighter.

actually it's kind of like the last supporting part i added was the quiet sax near the center. i used it to reinforce the lead (which needed to be done and i hadn't done it darn it) and the amount of articulation combining duties draws too much attention. but atm i still like it too much to edit.

supposed to be kinda quiet like an intro, bass and accompaniment all quiet. so not loud.

http://xoxos.net/temp/preview/abirdcansing.mp3

and a note about 'really good weed' - ~1:07 there's this 6th notes yowl or whatever.. like just about everything else that is strictly quantised and normally it would be a challenge to make it sound animated.

in the sum product it's not as overt as when i automated it.. over the course of the 6 notes the mod slope "triangle" transforms from ramp down to ramp up, which was kind of interesting to listen to when conscious of it i thought. some odd idea with a serviceable result.

Love it!

Do you realise that this actually fits very nicely on the end of reallygoodweed :hihi: :phones:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

I like the clarinet in the beginning by far the most.
lot of possibility. I like the trash beat. These two things I like evoke 'real' and the noticable electronic approach to envelope and breath is for me disquieting amidst the possibilities.
However when it works it works.
But intriguing work... The clarinet sounds real, which if a patch is a terrifically good one.

i'm going back and finding modulation i did a year ago to need improvement.. haven't nailed any hard and fast rules because they all seem to be broken as often as valid. it's an aptitude, and a temporally intensive one.

and for the most part, i find the mistake i made was being too expressive.. often there's a fairly narrow margin of partials that the tone effect i'm reaching for is at.

and that's often what i hear when it sounds wrong, is garish, excessive expression.. but sometimes i can nail it down to.. rising mod when falling would fit there in the phrase better.. pitfalls of relativities that sometimes lose the picture.. (and sometimes overly expressive is the only seeming way to link the timbre to the illusion). it's funny how often one slight adjustment often makes the difference in acceptability.

but the main thing is i have to be precious about it when i ought to be using sampled waveforms :dog:

the 'ogee' ('bright' on aurora) has odd partials with fall off at intermediate amplitude between square and triangle waves, makes a good base for sticks.

xoxos wrote: ...................................................................................
.................... "cause i made it up on some really good weed".
Big deal. Anyone can do that.

Try it on some really bad weed.
When worlds collide...
= May Meditation =

Return to “Music Cafe”