z3ta+2 Mac won't stay registered

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hm... A refund isn't a solution, and shows how little they care to support their Mac goods... But at least that's a "piss off the customer as little as possible" approach.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Yeah. Would prefer them to fix it, though.

There's news. A fix is coming next week, as written by Cakewalk's president to a CW forum member:

"Our marketing team will be sending out a message about this today, but I wanted to reply to you directly about the Z3TA+2 Mac issue.

We apologize that it has taken so long to get something out to you guys. We are working on a fix and it should be available to you early April (next week).

Thanks for your patience and continued support.

Best regards,

Michael Hoover
President
Cakewalk"

Great news! Thanks for sharing, Fleer.

I saw something about a sale on Z3TA+ 2 soon, so thought it seemed like bad timing to sell something that some users won't be able to use properly. Glad to hear there's a solution coming!

Cheers, Naenyn.
Yep, I think PluginBoutique is having a Z3TA+2 sale at half off.

I'm usually not someone who likes to bash on companies on the net, but meh, it's such a shame which siginifcance Z3TA seems to have for Cakewalk. There's Windows related issues, there's Mac related issues, and the last update was literally years ago... i seriously have never witnessed a less supported plugin. Just good i got version 1 from a mag's DVD, and updated to version 2 for discounted 25 €, if i paid more, it'd be pretty much a bad buy for me. This synth has so much potential yet is so badly maintained that it's really kind of a tragedy.

I agree, Z3TA+ 2 is a great plugin, but is very poorly maintained. Their plugins in general seem to be like that. I've lost track of how many sales I've seen on Dimension Pro and Rapture .. which haven't worked on OSX since 10.7. Pretty comical.

Hey, this is happening to me too, came here looking for solution - good to see that *hopefully* this can be sorted within the next week or so...

Good to know it's not just me.

When will cakewalk release an update to fix the registration issues on OSX?
:borg:

Still no fix?

I notice their new website now says:

"Cakewalk - the worlds best software for recording and making music on PC and Mac"

Someone should report this blatant lie to trading standards!

Like the old joke, I have good news and bad news...

The good news is version 2.1.2 is available on the website, which is stated to fix the registration problem! However, I went through the installation, and then when I opened a project using z3ta+2 in my DAW (Digital Performer), the old version (2.1.1) is still there. Has anyone else experienced this? I'll check the website tomorrow in case a new version of the installer is posted (faulty installer issue?).
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzYInT ... 53N-Rs3c-g
Instagram - billgdegillio

Bill D wrote:Like the old joke, I have good news and bad news...

The good news is version 2.1.2 is available on the website, which is stated to fix the registration problem! However, I went through the installation, and then when I opened a project using z3ta+2 in my DAW (Digital Performer), the old version (2.1.1) is still there. Has anyone else experienced this? I'll check the website tomorrow in case a new version of the installer is posted (faulty installer issue?).
The version (shown as 2.1.1) seems to have fixed the issue. Perhaps someone forgot to update the "About" page.

Hmm, can't download it as I can't get into my Cakewalk account at the moment.. grr..

Working for me! Strange that it still shows up as 2.1.1 within the plugin, but .. whatever the case, my registration is sticking. Hooray!

Return to “Instruments”