Korg Wavestation VST constantly crashes Ableton Live 9... just me?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anybody else having issues with Wavestation crashing Live 9 (or any other DAW) upon instantiating the plugin? Happens about 4 out of 5 times, really incredibly annoying. I'm using the latest version, running 64 bit, etc...the other Korg synths run fine.

No problem here with the Wavesttaion 64-bit VST2 plugin in Live 9.1.7 64-bit (on Windows 7 64-bit).

Using this since the very first versions (several years ago) and not really many crashes during those years (including older versions that used the eLicenser dongle).
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

running ok here

Live 9.1.6
OSX 10.9.5

No problems here either. Maybe it or it's presets got corrupted?

Dang, guess it is just me! Yikes... I'll try a re-install. Thanks for the input, guys. Hopefully I'll figure it out.

Funnily enough I just got a couple of crashes with it here. I had a couple of tracks going and dropped Wavestation onto a new track when it crashed Live. Reloaded Live, tried again and it crashed.

So I dropped another plugin onto the new track and then replaced it with Wavestation. That worked fine.

Odd. It's the most stable plugin I can think of in Windows.

At least you have access to your VST :hihi:
I just bought the M1, installed it, but I have no idea where it was installed as I could not specify my VST folder :P

I've gotten fairly consistent crashes from Wavestation on OS X (10.10.1, mainly VST but also AU) when replacing and auditioning waveforms (mostly in Live 9).

fluffy_little_something wrote:At least you have access to your VST :hihi:
I just bought the M1, installed it, but I have no idea where it was installed as I could not specify my VST folder :P
The default paths on Windows 7 64-bit are:

For the 64-bit VST2 plugin:
C:\Program files\Vstplugins
For the 32-bit VST2:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Vstplugins

In the installer you are also able to change the paths. For this in the "Custom setup" on the page with the list of "Standalone", "VST" and "RTAS" you have to click at the "+" at the beginning of the "VST" entry and the on "M1 VST". After that at the lower right a "Change..." button will appear.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Oh, thanks, didn't see that, will reinstall it tomorrow :)

sprnva wrote:Funnily enough I just got a couple of crashes with it here. I had a couple of tracks going and dropped Wavestation onto a new track when it crashed Live. Reloaded Live, tried again and it crashed.

So I dropped another plugin onto the new track and then replaced it with Wavestation. That worked fine.

The (annoying) workaround you found of having Wavestation replace a different plugin seems to work -most- of the time, I've found. But this issue is still very much alive, and causes me problems because I have saved Clips with Wavestation in it, which have to be loaded on an empty channel (because dropping a clip on a channel that already has an instrument won't replace the instrument, of course) so I still get crashes when trying to load these.

Basically, it's the most unstable plugin I own... in Live, anyway. So many crashes, even now!

Anybody else experiencing these crashes find any other workarounds / solutions ?

-M

2021 and still wavestation plugin causes crash on ableton live 11.0.12. Apparently the plugin was "not found" although it exist an I can drag and drop it on a lane. Loading a saved project also crashes live, if the plugin is inserted in any track. ANyone with an idea?

not trying to be rude but... are u using a pirated copy? maybe update

weilhalt wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:10 am 2021 and still wavestation plugin causes crash on ableton live 11.0.12. Apparently the plugin was "not found" although it exist an I can drag and drop it on a lane. Loading a saved project also crashes live, if the plugin is inserted in any track. ANyone with an idea?
An update on the latest version would make sense. If the problem persists, contact the Korg support.

I remember getting crashes with either Wavestation or M1. But that was shortly after they received a v2 update.

Return to “Instruments”