The best hardware synths? favorites etc?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I second the Microkorg XL +. Really versatile and with the interface program it opens up a new way to program the MKXL+

V-Synth, Korg Z1.

thnx for the ideas i will check every synth out.

But not the very small ones.

Im intrested in doing a moog. And a Indigo 2 and mybe a prophet.

I will look the examples up from your idea mybe i can start on other synths to.

But first i have to finish the 3 im doing now. They r 99% completed. its just the presets.

i wish i could get a red metal box with just the clavia stick. suppose i could make it of course.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Personally love the DSI Tetra sound.
Massive, Serum. Diva, Repro-1, HIVE, Spire presets, Reason ReFills more! https://NewLoops.com

Korg Wavestation EX is one of my all time favourites. Got the hardware since more than 10 years and also got the plugin version since several years.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ensoniq ESQ-1 - Hybrid rules!

thecontrolcentre wrote:Image
What is that? Looks like fun

I'm still in love with the Korg T/01W series. You can get any sort of sound from these machines, they are very flexible, also as master controllers (Vangelis still use a T1 as master). The preset files in these modules are a bit dated (depending on the musical genre of reference; if you are into new age these machines are the holy grail), but if you not fear programming your own sounds you can get also modern timbres out of them. In my opinion the T series sounds way better than the Trinity/Triton; the strings and orchestral sounds are amazing, the key response is perfect when used with patches with multiple layers set at different velocity levels; love the joystick too, it helps to add a lot of expression in the proper way compared with the wheels, specially when used for solos (lead patches on T series are fantastic).

I think any electronic musician should have a M/T/W instrument in his rig :D
The software version is quite good (even if you are missing the hardware controls and even though there are some differences in terms of sound...), for $50 is still an interesting piece of software if you can't get the real thing.

Rah wrote:
http://www.vintagesynth.com/misc/atc1.php

You most certainly have to try this one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

xoxos wrote:i wish i could get a red metal box with just the clavia stick. suppose i could make it of course.
I could saw the end off my NMG2. But you'd have to take the stone wheel along with the wooden stick.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

She Changed Her Mind wrote:You most certainly have to try this one.
Thi is awesome. What is it?

T-CM11 wrote:
Rah wrote:
http://www.vintagesynth.com/misc/atc1.php
Studio Electronics ATC-1 Tone Chameleon. Lovely sounding analog monosynth with interchangeable filter types. Its a bit of a pain to tweak as it's one press to select the parameter, and just the one knob. Sounds great none the less. It has 500 memory locations per filter cartridge. I had to replace the control membrane on mine recently, and updated the OS at the same time. Got the parts from SE no problem.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”