Audio to midi plugin that works "live" and supports pitch bend (Plus an imitone question)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

does anybody know of a good plugin for converting audio to midi in real time that supports pitch bend data being sent by the plug? It doesn't have to be near zero latency like for live performance but I don't want to have to create a midi file offline like I do with melodyne for instance. I bought into the imitone kickstarter, but it will be a while if ever before that is running as a plugin. How about "midi guitar" the plugin that supports polyphonic guitar to midi and presumably mono as well. Can it be configured to be triggered by voice for instance?

All suggestions welcome. Thanks
JJ
Last edited by Ah_Dziz on Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

So does this not exist aside from imitone (which is not yet a plugin)? Can a user of Midi Guitar or its bass counterpart chime in and tell me if it works okay on voice and supports pitchbend?

So since I already bought imitone I have a question about setting it up for my intended use. I know how to route the midi from imitone to cubase so I can use it as a MIDI controller, but I don't understand how I can use my audio interface to both feed audio via my mic into imitone and also be my main ASIO interface for cubase. I have an RME babyface. Can anybody tell me what the setup for this would be or will I need a separate driver to run in imitone ( which is how I understood ASIO to work)? Any help would be appreciated. I'm in testing mode at the moment so if I can get it working with a single interface I'll post back here with how. I'm also gonna demo Jam Origin's Midi Guitar, Bass, and Violin plugins to see if any are suitable for voice. I'll post my findings back here, but if anybody has a setup like this working with any of these programs or something I haven't mentioned, please chime in and tell me all about it.

JJ

Speaking of Imitone, it's been a shame development has been so slow.

I've not heard much from it again. The last version I had was 0.6. No word of the VST version yet.

As far as I know we need the VST version in order to use this with a DAW if we are using the ASIO driver.

Thats what I figured.

If you'e on Win (from Vista on I think) you can try Shared / Exclusive / Kernel Mode as driver for imitone. Kernel uses WASAPI (Windows own low latency driver) I'd think and gives useable latencies here.

Besides, aren't RME cards ASIO multiclient capable ?

imitone is on 0.7 currently btw.
http://imitone.com/beta/

I've never been able to run an asio driver in more than one program at once. I'll give it a go though and report back. I know I can run other driver types along side asio though so if that other driver you mentioned has usable latency then that could be a workable proposition.

JJ

I think Jamorigion Guitar to midi supports Pitchbending

Maybe try the demo

http://jamorigin.com/
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

Return to “Effects”