Sonitex STX-1260 comparable with? your feedback?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

with which products is this comparable? i might get this but i already have TAL bitcrusher, Camel Crush, guitar rig etc. so i dunno if this would be nonsense to buy then.

what are your rexperiences?

Nothing is as comprehensive as Sonitex.

TristezaOrange wrote:Nothing is as comprehensive as Sonitex.
+1

Nothing like having a great all-in-one. It's so underrated.

The manual states it was developed with Synthedit. Does anyone know if they plan to port a version to 64 bit? I'm building a new computer and I'd like to go to all 64 bit plugs. It's on sale right now and I'd like to take advantage of the sale.
"What we play is life" - Louis Armstrong

oh synthedit? does it mean it wont run fluid on 64bit versions of windows even if i use the 32bit plugin version (the only one available i think).

It's made with the latest version of Synthedit, the one that is not affected by the multicore bug.

There is a fully functional demo, by the way.

Old thread I know, but this is the one fx plugin that I wish were 64bit. Almost certainly in vain, but here's hoping...
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

Ditto. I still love this plugin and wish it was 64!

The only thing I know of that's in the same ballpark is Izotope Trash2, which is three times the price.
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

TristezaOrange wrote:Nothing is as comprehensive as Sonitex.
Exactly !

Well it would be nice if the controls you can modulate had their own independent options, instead off them all being linked to one LFO, etc. Although them all being linked as it is is cool.

There is nothing that comes close to covering all the ground that sonitex covers. It's a shame as It's still 32 bit only due to being made in synth edit, but I still use it all the time since there is nothing to replace it with. I'm hoping that it won't be long before it can be ported over to 64 bit since people are releasing beta versions of 64 bit SE stuff now. I would love to start a kickstarter to fund having this thing ported over to a fully native 64 bit plugin for mac and PC (I'm that into this thing)

JJ
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Ah_Dziz wrote:There is nothing that comes close to covering all the ground that sonitex covers. It's a shame as It's still 32 bit only due to being made in synth edit, but I still use it all the time since there is nothing to replace it with. I'm hoping that it won't be long before it can be ported over to 64 bit since people are releasing beta versions of 64 bit SE stuff now. I would love to start a kickstarter to fund having this thing ported over to a fully native 64 bit plugin for mac and PC (I'm that into this thing)

JJ
if mac were definitely on the table, it would be the first kickstarter i ever got involved in

The SE alpha also has Mac support, but from what little bit has been released its pretty buggy. If I had any idea what it cost to develop a plugin or do a massive port in this case, I would try and seriously pursue this. I guess there are people that one could ask. I know a few companies that contracted out to have plugins made that might could shed some light on it. I'm not sure how much of sonitex is stock modules and how much is code, but I'm guessing the more code, the easier the port. And the gui could use a cross platform framework like juce.
I'll email the guy from tone projects and the guy from wavesfactory who outsourced the development of his awesome trackspacer plugin. I know that bluecat audio also licenses their plugin framework to developers.
I guess anybody who would be interested in trying to launch something like this or maybe crowd funding a better all in one signal degradation plugin. I could put up a decent amount of capital to get it rolling.

JJ
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Return to “Effects”