Metaplugin gets VST3 support

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This plugin just gets better and better, so now it can host VST3 plugins which means basically any host can load VST3 plugins using this

OK first couple of bugs/issues - this is a WIP.

1) There is no way to load VST3 presets - so plugins like Padshop that rely on the host to load presets won't work

2) Deleting a VST3 plugin crashes Tracktion

Not sure why but the VST synth version seems to load with 8 audio outs wired up in advance (the AU doesn't). I don't want 8 audio outs wired up in advance - it means I have to unwire them to wire up a plugin

aMUSEd wrote:This plugin just gets better and better, so now it can host VST3 plugins which means basically any host can load VST3 plugins using this
Is this a beta?

This is great but what would be even greater is if Metaplugin were to become a VST3 plugin itself.

If that happened, and it could offer a VST3 sidechain input along with the other audio connections, we could use any old VST2.4 plugin equipped with the extra sidechain channels, connect the VST3 sidechain source to them, and presto: instant VST2.4 to VST3 sidechained plugin conversion. ;)

I wouldn't be surprise if that isn't on the card's at some point, the email did say VST3 support was is in a very preliminary state.

Really good news, that open up for Waves all the way in a VST3 host.
Waves did not recommend mixing VST2 and VST3 in projects.

If they overcome hacker level loading from disk, and scan plugins and select like hosts do(including WavesShell) - how lovely.

lfm wrote: If they overcome hacker level loading from disk, and scan plugins and select like hosts do(including WavesShell) - how lovely.
That is one of the reasons I always held back buying MP. Can you tell me what happens when I load a plugin, close the project and then move that plugin from one folder to another (say I decide to reorganize my VST folder), the reopen the project? Will MP complain about the missing plugin, but keep the settings or do I have to reload the plugin again and recreate all my settings?

Oh, and the MP as VST3 with side chain support would immediately convince me to buy it.

fese wrote:Can you tell me what happens when I load a plugin, close the project and then move that plugin from one folder to another (say I decide to reorganize my VST folder), the reopen the project? Will MP complain about the missing plugin, but keep the settings or do I have to reload the plugin again and recreate all my settings?
I don't know how they handle that.
But I guess handling that a plugin is gone must be handled somehow.

Some daws handle lost audio files with a dialog to select a location manually and similar.

We'll just have to see, I guess.

Now that Cubase, Studio One and Sonar X3 support VST3, that will it be a killer with MP supporting that too.

fese wrote:
lfm wrote: If they overcome hacker level loading from disk, and scan plugins and select like hosts do(including WavesShell) - how lovely.
That is one of the reasons I always held back buying MP. Can you tell me what happens when I load a plugin, close the project and then move that plugin from one folder to another (say I decide to reorganize my VST folder), the reopen the project? Will MP complain about the missing plugin, but keep the settings or do I have to reload the plugin again and recreate all my settings?
The plugin will not load, and you will have to reload the plugin and recreate all settings. In addition, the old plugin is still listed on the menu, and the only way to remove it is to clear the complete list of plugins.

aMUSEd wrote:OK first couple of bugs/issues - this is a WIP.

1) There is no way to load VST3 presets - so plugins like Padshop that rely on the host to load presets won't work

Not sure why but the VST synth version seems to load with 8 audio outs wired up in advance (the AU doesn't). I don't want 8 audio outs wired up in advance - it means I have to unwire them to wire up a plugin
Needs a bugfix update

Unfortunately these problems are still there despite a recent update.

Did you report back to Christian about your issues and feature request?

Disconnect pins is rather easy I think, but you are also able to tell what is default as loaded as I remember.

I looked quickly at padshop, and it says over 400 presets.
A bit weird they don't have a browser for this internally, I think.
Are you to use the hiddious media browser in Cubase?

Either way, good to be able to load presets as well with a plugin.
Allow drag-n-drop into placeholder in MP, maybe.

Actually yes I did but didn't get a reply. How do you save a default state?

Padshop AU version does have a built in browser (not a good one though) so I can use that but if there are plugins that are VST3 only and that rely on the host to manage presets, I think the Roland ones are like that, then it would be more of a problem. Same with AU plugins that rely on the host to load presets, like the Sinevibes ones, Metaplugin won't load those either.

aMUSEd wrote:How do you save a default state?
Seems to be gone now - was on rightlick menu in empty spot.

I was troubleshooting some issues I had 15 months ago and struggled with if having to do with if default or not.

Maybe is caused too much issues with multiple instances and different hosts etc, I don't know.

But some hosts like Reaper have a selection of a default preset for each plugin when loading it. Some also have effect chains one can use for similar purpose - load the plugin from an own saved chain preset. And further some have track templates that allow the same thing.

aMUSEd wrote:OK first couple of bugs/issues - this is a WIP.

with padshop just load the au if on mac and you can access presets on the interface then.

Don't know a solution for windows though.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”