Circle 2 factory preset request thread.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Circle 2 is coming soon and I'm working on new factory patches for it. I thought I'd ask all the Circle owners here if there is any sound in particular you would like to see in the new update. As usual, YouTube links are great reference material, especially if you need a specific sound from a specific song. So far I've got about 40 patches, mostly 80s and 90s stuff, with a little bit of more current material thrown in.
VST PRESETS ---> http://xenossoundworks.com
Bazille, NI Massive, Z3ta, PPG Wave, TAL-J8, RePro, Diva, Spire and more

I do not have any specific presets I would like but looking foward to your new factory patches! :)

No urgent worries about requests lol. I wanted to check in with the users, just in case. Personally, I think Circle's best strength is clean digital pads, heavily modulated special FX, and hard digital drops, wobbles and growls. Not doing any more oldschool stuff on this project, as that can easily be done on pretty much any other synth.
VST PRESETS ---> http://xenossoundworks.com
Bazille, NI Massive, Z3ta, PPG Wave, TAL-J8, RePro, Diva, Spire and more

Oh no more, 90's/80's Sounds, I was going to request some sounds from some
songs that I like from the late 1980's Latin Freestyle scene listen to these songs
Also you can make these sounds for other synths but I'll just make my requests
here for future reference with the gear list that was used.

Nice & Wild - Diamond Girl (1986)
(I don't know who produced it but it clearly has a resobass so it
might be a Juno or something)

& More - You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine (1989? or 1990)
(Produced by Frankie Cutlass and the bass is a Casio CZ-101)

Sweet Sensation - Take It While It's Hot (1987)
(I forget who produced this and I don't know what the instrumentation is,
I guess I can look names up and contact for gear list on certain song certain
people produced)

Shana - I Want You (1989)
(This was produced by L. Martinee, and I want the Lead and
Bass, source as said Lewis is Sequential Ciruits Prophet-5 and Yamaha DX7 and
also Roland Juno-106 were used on most his music)

Shannon - Let The Music Play (1983)
(Personally I always wondered what did the Agogo sound from the beginning
and the bass would be nice but no one involved with this responded to my
emails asking what was used nor could I find all people involved.)

Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up (1987)
(I want the Strings and brass which both come from the Fairlight CMI and is
produced by Stock, Aitken and Waterman and the Strings were programmed
by Ian Curnow and this song was mixed/,mastered by Pete Hammond, the bass
is a Yamaha DX7, I want the bass, brass and strings)

Michael Jackson - Baby Be Mine (1982)
(Produced by Quincy Jones and the bass is a Roland Jupiter-8 which I want
the bass and the ResoLeadStabs from the song)

Also if I make a VST can you do the Soundware for it also, I will make both
Synth Edit and Synthmaker (Flowstone) and Maize Player Plugins but I will
go back to School in September for Computer Programming so I can start
making .cpp (C++) files to make VST Effects and Synths I wanted to know
do you make Sounds for Beta/OpenSource/Freeware Synths for Fun or
do you do it Professionally, like do they pay you to make sounds or is that
just the Big Synth Companies?

I just got to play with the latest beta and I went through all presets.

IMHO it's lacking some more soft sounds, I am sure the current presets are great for the current popular EDM genres but they only show one side of the synth.

There is one prset I liked a lot, a pad named something like Lucid dreams, more stuff like that would be great.

Also showing the potential of the new oscilators would be great.
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote:I just got to play with the latest beta and I went through all presets.

IMHO it's lacking some more soft sounds, I am sure the current presets are great for the current popular EDM genres but they only show one side of the synth.

There is one prset I liked a lot, a pad named something like Lucid dreams, more stuff like that would be great.

How does one get a hold of the beta? I can't find it when I go to their site.

Hi

I'm running the latest beta- it definitely needs some new sounds to show of the new oscillator and possible animation/movements with the wavetables. I would like more atmospheric pads and soft leads- thinks that have movement. The sounds search engine is fairly advanced, I like the way it divides the sounds up- but it needs a good 'start here' bank for people who just download a VST and check out a few pre-sets to decide if it they want to buy it- My question would be 'what can C2 do that can make a unique patch? What makes the sound different from what I already have?'

I bought Circle as I liked the GUI for patching, the price was right and the sounds were pretty good, but to make it a must have the new oscillator and/or some good programing need to really show what's special about Circle other than a pretty face :-)

Is this going to be the free factory sound set for C2 or are you making a commercial sound bank?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

wagtunes wrote:
rod_zero wrote:I just got to play with the latest beta and I went through all presets.

Buy Circle- get the Beta (and Full Circle 2) Free
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

Buy Circle- get the Beta (and Full Circle 2) Free
Thanks but I'll pass and wait until I can demo it before I have to commit to buying it.

syntheticillusion wrote: Shannon - Let The Music Play (1983)
...the bass would be nice but no one involved with this responded to my
emails asking what was used...
The bassline was made on a 303 and is extremely difficult to recreate with VSTPlugins.

(Or more like impossible. Ive been trying for years with everything from normal synths to dedicated 303 emulations and never got anywhere near 100% undistinguishable from the original. Its always 'reasonably close to the basic character' at best, but in the end all that really defines this sound is either missing or not right.)

Hi dude,

I would really like chunky electronica / [non pumping] techno analogue bass patches, interesting subtle leads and BIG morphing grand choral pads / complex pads.

Just went through my itunes to look at tracks that give a good emulation and these two tracks are perfect (especially the Kiasmos one)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR9-2As-XMk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOR-37d5yyA - synth at 4:02

I'd also love you to listen to Moderat for about 3 weeks straight and then puke out loads of cool patches like them! :)

cheers dude

ENV1 wrote:
syntheticillusion wrote: Shannon - Let The Music Play (1983)
...the bass would be nice but no one involved with this responded to my
emails asking what was used...
The bassline was made on a 303 and is extremely difficult to recreate with VSTPlugins.

(Or more like impossible. Ive been trying for years with everything from normal synths to dedicated 303 emulations and never got anywhere near 100% undistinguishable from the original. Its always 'reasonably close to the basic character' at best, but in the end all that really defines this sound is either missing or not right.)
https://soundcloud.com/antto/x0x1-shann ... emusicplay
it can be easily done with a 303 emulation, you just need to set the parameters right, and then, there's pretty much nothing going on in terms of automation thru the whole track.. pretty static:
decay: 10% (not quite zero)
envmod: 100%
resonance: 100% or slightly less
cutoff: very low-ish
square wave
the notes are: c, g#(D), a#(D) ... no accents, no slides..
PS: sorry for bumping the thread
It doesn't matter how it sounds..
..as long as it has BASS and it's LOUD!

irc.libera.chat >>> #kvr

Return to “Instruments”