2CAudio Kaleidoscope | It's A Trip | Latest Update 1.1

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Kaleidoscope Kaleidoscope

Thanks, I'd confused it with the intro price. Also, thanks for info and instruction regarding the add-on. I don't really measure my time in dollars anymore.

Inspired by Kaleidoscope (to finish an older project)... used several instances here plus lots of B2, Aether and Breeze. Had to bounce a lot :) but these 2caudio tools are just so great for very deeeep stuff :P

https://soundcloud.com/c-a-k-a-g-e/transmigration

Maybe lighten up on the kick and set back in the mix..

Cinebient wrote:Inspired by Kaleidoscope (to finish an older project)... used several instances here plus lots of B2, Aether and Breeze. Had to bounce a lot :) but these 2caudio tools are just so great for very deeeep stuff :P

https://soundcloud.com/c-a-k-a-g-e/transmigration

Love it!! :love:

Re-posted and added to all playlists (KS, B2, Aether, Breeze). Great example.

re kick I find the volume to be appropriate, but what could be perceived as slightly overpowering is the sub energy in it. Maybe some gentle HP on the kick to tame a tiny bit, or maybe grab the sample and shorten it by applying some kind of fade out to the kick sample (which will have a similar effect since the sub freqs are at the end of the kick sample...) but, it's not really too much of an issue...

Galbanum wrote:
Others can comment whether or not they find it indispensable. It is to me. Absolutely.
Architecture is essential to me as well
both for MS and KS

Thank you... the (too heavy) kick is from Dune 2 synth... too much power in the low end yes! I was not smart and bounced the kick too so i have to go many steps back to look into it if i find the time ; ) I still have much to learn :dog:

I will remember next time :D

Musical Gym wrote:Maybe lighten up on the kick and set back in the mix..
I'd delete the kick completely. To me this sort of intrusive drum sound is like smothering a beautiful meal in salt and ketchup.

spirit wrote:
Musical Gym wrote:Maybe lighten up on the kick and set back in the mix..
I'd delete the kick completely. To me this sort of intrusive drum sound is like smothering a beautiful meal in salt and ketchup.
Maybe i do a second version. Mostly it's a lot faster for me to create a new track instead of reworking something... or i'm just to dumb for it :o

OK you have even managed to make a banner ad that is aesthetically pleasing, particularly the first frame with the Futuristic styling and text, I think that is a first.

aMUSEd wrote:OK you have even managed to make a banner ad that is aesthetically pleasing, particularly the first frame with the Futuristic styling and text, I think that is a first.
Ha thanks man. we try! :tu:

Right now we are trying (again) to make this beast even more CPU efficient.

And I am trying to figure out how to organize 500,000 scales in meaningful manner! :o

Full moon nights are sleepless nights for me and an ideal time to spend pleasure time with Kaleidoscope, here are some bamboo chimes from an upcoming library processed with several presets from the same family:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv5ktBOM6NM

Sampleconstruct wrote:Full moon nights are sleepless nights for me and an ideal time to spend pleasure time with Kaleidoscope, here are some bamboo chimes from an upcoming library processed with several presets from the same family:

:tu:

These bamboo chimes apart from the white noise sound source included, are among the most effective sound sources to show the qualities of KS
I assume though, that this image-to-sounds/music paradigm stays at many aspects out of the range of human ear, IMO
for instance, would anyone with closed eyes be able to notice when the cursor goes back to the beginning in such sophisticated textured images ?
Obviously fun to use and inspiring, but currently, not always such relevant musically talking, (especially when the white noise source isn't involved) ?

Krakatau wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Full moon nights are sleepless nights for me and an ideal time to spend pleasure time with Kaleidoscope, here are some bamboo chimes from an upcoming library processed with several presets from the same family:

:tu:

These bamboo chimes apart from the white noise sound source included, are among the most effective sound sources to show the qualities of KS
I assume though, that this image-to-sounds/music paradigm stays at many aspects out of the range of human ear, IMO
for instance, would anyone with closed eyes be able to notice when the cursor goes back to the beginning in such sophisticated textured images ?
Obviously fun to use and inspiring, but currently, not always such relevant musically talking, (especially when the white noise source isn't involved) ?
I didn't get the closed-eyes-part, why is this of any relevance if the listener notices the cursor looping back, that's totally irrelevant, no? And those complex images are of high musical relevance, if you ask me...and I try to stay away from the white noise source now, it produces sounds which are always very synthetic, organic input sources with lots of transients and a share of high frequencies and noise work much much better for my taste.

I agree about using "organic" source material rather than white noise. I'm happier with the results. One thing I'm wondering about, is how you can tell that an image might have "high musical relevance." The audio-visual relationship is not really clear to me; though I've read the manual and "played around" quite a lot with the program, I'm still trying to understand that part of it, but maybe it is one of the mysteries of "the beast"... Simon, would it be weird to ask what you look for in creating and/or choosing visual images? I don't want you to reveal any possible secrets, of course...

jtenney wrote:Simon, would it be weird to ask what you look for in creating and/or choosing visual images? I don't want you to reveal any possible secrets, of course...
Diagonals with perforations, periodic or stochastic punctuality, clear or blurred geometrical structures, single lines with a distinct direction (up/down), Mandalas, spirals, grids, cages, resynthesized objects - in 98% I can now predict how an image will sound when I produce it, sometimes I am disappointed when a spectacular image doesn't yield the result I am after, mostly because I didn't pay attention to the contrast or colour distribution.

Return to “Effects”