Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
miniSyn'X

GruvSyco wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:
atukao wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:
GruvSyco wrote:Not too interested in the synth itself but, just wanted to say thanks for doing another synth w/serial protection. If this ever happens with the Kobol, I'll be on it like white on rice.
It will very probably happen. Xils 3 le, Oxium, the MiniSyn'x and PKB Player are serial ony. Xils3, Xils 4, and now the Syn'X 1.xcan use soft Ilok ( No dongle required ) protection. I can't see why the PolyKB would not follow in the more/less near future.
To clarify; does that mean Xils 4, Syn'X 2 and PolyKB II would all become serial protected?
No. it means that they all ( Xils 4, Xils 3, Syn'X, Vocoder 5000 ) already can, or will (PolyKB ) , benefit of the soft ilok protection, which means no physical dongle required, ad is a bit similar to NI C/R response protection for example. Like Ni C/R protection scheme, I see this as an intermediate step between the serial only protected synths, like MiniSyn'X and the only physical dongled protected synths, like the PolyKB at the moment we speak together : you dont nedd a physical dongle, but its not a serial either.
soft licenser would lock it to one computer though, correct? That's how my elicenser is. Example... at this very moment my primary workstation is tied up so, I'm sprawled out on my bed on my macbook. 2 usb ports = trackball and Push (still fairly portable and easy to quickly set up and take down). Can't really dongle without setting up a hub. Can't soft elicense because it's not my primary workstation.

Not trying to argue my case or anything. Simply stating that under the circumstance which I work, iLok/eLicenser is not convenient and will continue to prevent me from enjoying many very nice pieces of software. I've already once exchanged email with Xavier on this subject and just wanted to pop on this thread to voice my approval of another Xils synth gone serial. (I actually bought the Xils3 LE).
Iirc you can move soft ilok licences between computers, but I'm not sure.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

I'm happy to see that Xils-Lab release another dongle free and serial protected synthesizer with such a great quality ;)
They are often different than the other software synthesizer. I like it ;)

zerocrossing wrote:I have a question. It actually seems to pertain to all XILS synths. When I click "configure" in Live's plug in window so that I may add automation and knob control on my Push/Remote SL, nothing happens. All my other plug ins seem to work fine, but I remember Oxium didn't and a quick try of miniSyn'X reveals that it does not work either.
Hmm I made a template for my Novation remote SL, but I made it inside the MiniSyn'x itself, not with automap. And I dont use Live unfortunately. In Cubase automation lines show. I think it might be worth to drop an email to Xils-Lab explaining the situation ZC, so that they can see if there's something to adress.

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

wald wrote:
sfd wrote:
zerocrossing wrote:I have a question. It actually seems to pertain to all XILS synths. When I click "configure" in Live's plug in window so that I may add automation and knob control on my Push/Remote SL, nothing happens. All my other plug ins seem to work fine, but I remember Oxium didn't and a quick try of miniSyn'X reveals that it does not work either.
In Windows - Alt+Win+Ctrl + click the slider, knob,button you want to assign to your MIDI controller.

Hope that helps :-)
No, it doesn't ;)

Midi Automation and plugin parameter automation are not the same thing.
You can add "knob control" from within the instrument as described or in the MIDI settings.

wald wrote:
sfd wrote:
In Windows - Alt+Win+Ctrl + click the slider, knob,button you want to assign to your MIDI controller.

Hope that helps :-)
No, it doesn't ;)

Midi Automation and plugin parameter automation are not the same thing.
Yeah, that does nothing to help my issue... though oddly it somehow worked on Oxium when I booted it up today... still nothing on miniSyn'X.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

PatchAdamz wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:
sfd wrote:Cool - I just noticed that the minisyn'X got it's product page here at kvr ! :-D
Wow just saw that the MiniSyn'X is second rank in the product views yesterday. Xils-Lab will be happy !
I'm sure it will be in the number 1 position soon, lots of bang for the buck (as they say).

Here are some ethnic drums I designed for it:

https://soundcloud.com/vintage-synth-pads/ethnic-drums
Nice :)

And you were right the MiniSyn'x is at the moment ....
N° 1 in the KVR product view

Wow. Dont know how much it translates into people actually getting it, but I guess they will be happy at Xils.

Lotuzia wrote:
Hmm I made a template for my Novation remote SL, but I made it inside the MiniSyn'x itself, not with automap. And I dont use Live unfortunately. In Cubase automation lines show. I think it might be worth to drop an email to Xils-Lab explaining the situation ZC, so that they can see if there's something to adress.
Thanks Lotuzia, I sent them a message via their support interface. Seems like a bug to me.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

@Sendi,

Just a word about weird noise and a deadlock you've got when modulating a lot the oscillator using the new cross-PWM algorithm.
This algorithm is pushing the background DSP very high. I tried to address every deadlock issue or problems and I thought I had succeeded. It seems I didn't !
I will try to reproduce it and fix the problem for the next version.

@zerocrossing
I will check this right now (I didn't answer to your support question yet but I read it), but I can't see any reason there is no automation in LIVE (BTW : the serial free demo doesn't allow automation)
Anyway, I may find something I missed !

Best regards
Xavier

couple of problems with the demo, just so you know...

1. laser harp preset... playing notes in fast succession makes cpu hit 127% and synth then goes silent. Have to kill synth and reload. No other preset does this, or any other synth ive tried

2. preset manager...you cant just click on a catagory or sub catagory, you have to select a final preset from drop down menus...

ie, i cannot just click on bass catagory, then go to other window and select club or pop etc.... i have to select bass, then club, then whatever preset. Seems pointless having 3 windows if its just there to show the name of the current preset. You cant even change style without going back to the first window

:shrug:

Also, the text is really small in places, some consistancy (pref larger as you have loads of space) would be better from a design and asthetic POV

Regarding the cpu problem, its specific to that synth. If i have other synths loaded, they still play ok while the xils one remains silent.

xavier wrote: @zerocrossing
I will check this right now (I didn't answer to your support question yet but I read it), but I can't see any reason there is no automation in LIVE (BTW : the serial free demo doesn't allow automation)
Anyway, I may find something I missed !

Best regards
Xavier
Oh... that might be it. I wasn't trying to automate things as much as I was just trying to assign some parameters to my Push's knobs. In Live you click the plug in's configure window and then begin clicking on the plug in's UI on elements that you'd like to assign/automate. I just like fiddling around with the filter cut off and resonance when I'm testing out a new plug in and knobs beat mouse for such things.
Zerocrossing Media

Kriminal wrote:couple of problems with the demo, just so you know...

1. laser harp preset... playing notes in fast succession makes cpu hit 127% and synth then goes silent. Have to kill synth and reload. No other preset does this, or any other synth ive tried

2. preset manager...you cant just click on a catagory or sub catagory, you have to select a final preset from drop down menus...

ie, i cannot just click on bass catagory, then go to other window and select club or pop etc.... i have to select bass, then club, then whatever preset. Seems pointless having 3 windows if its just there to show the name of the current preset. You cant even change style without going back to the first window

:shrug:

Also, the text is really small in places, some consistancy (pref larger as you have loads of space) would be better from a design and asthetic POV
I also noticed the knobs are a bit fussy about where you click on them, sometimes they feel "slippery".

Good luck getting this synth sorted - I think it'll be a classic once these teething problems are solved!
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:
Kriminal wrote: preset manager...you cant just click on a catagory or sub catagory, you have to select a final preset from drop down menus...

I also noticed the knobs are a bit fussy about where you click on them, sometimes they feel "slippery".

Good luck getting this synth sorted - I think it'll be a classic once these teething problems are solved!
Preset manager : Its because you click in the wrong place ie the text area where the different items corresponding to criterias are sorted . If you click in the small boxes left of the two criterias/windows you can change them without choosing a preset ( ie changing from 'bank' to 'author' ot 'instrument categories' in a click. Actually there are not 3 windows/active areas, there are 5.

Knobs fussy/Slippery : Well all that I can say is that I turned every knob a few thousand times at least while designing presets and I never experienced such a thing. So maybe on some systems.

And yes, I also think it's a classic.

The first minitrack I made with the MiniSyn'X.

Flowers

Everything is made by the MiniSyn'X, including the drums. Just a reverb and a limiter on the master bus. No automation, no comps, no Eqs, no freeze.

Lotuzia wrote:The first minitrack I made with the MiniSyn'X.

Flowers

Everything is made by the MiniSyn'X, including the drums. Just a reverb and a limiter on the master bus. No automation, no comps, no Eqs, no freeze.
NICE!

I really liked the tune Lotuzia, nice vibe.

I have also been working with miniSyn'X, here are a couple presets:

STRINGS:
https://soundcloud.com/vintage-synth-pa ... ic-strings

KEYS:
https://soundcloud.com/vintage-synth-pads/kens-keys

Return to “Instruments”