Memphisto (Depeche Mode cover)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's an orchestral version of Memphisto by Depeche Mode:

https://soundcloud.com/samplesciencemtl ... ralversion

I have to admit that it's not much different than the original, but it's a cover, not a remix. It's mostly an orchestral version using Kontakt 5 default instrument library and TAL Noisemaker.

I hadn't heard the original before tonight. I have all the DM albums until SotU, but I never picked up their singles. It sounds very much like an out-take from MftM, seeming to share some of the elements that went into Pimpf.

I think it's a very good cover. It doesn't have the "power" of the original in the percussion department, but I like the orchestral sounds you used in the final 90 seconds. I enjoyed it.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote:I hadn't heard the original before tonight. I have all the DM albums until SotU, but I never picked up their singles. It sounds very much like an out-take from MftM, seeming to share some of the elements that went into Pimpf.

I think it's a very good cover. It doesn't have the "power" of the original in the percussion department, but I like the orchestral sounds you used in the final 90 seconds. I enjoyed it.

Thanks! It hard to do it better than the masters themselves! :wink:

SampleScience wrote:
seismic1 wrote:I hadn't heard the original before tonight. I have all the DM albums until SotU, but I never picked up their singles. It sounds very much like an out-take from MftM, seeming to share some of the elements that went into Pimpf.

Thanks! It hard to do it better than the masters themselves! :wink:
Ain't that the truth :)

Return to “Music Cafe”