Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Morph

Sampleconstruct wrote:
I just made some further experiments with the flute phrase-pad-combo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcLIMSk4k0M
thank you :clap:

…i just assume instinctively that it might give the most effective results when different instruments are following a same or very similar phrase, staying into static intervals one to another ( unison, octaves, 5th, 4th…)

Krakatau wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
I just made some further experiments with the flute phrase-pad-combo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcLIMSk4k0M
thank you :clap:

…i just assume instinctively that it might give the most effective results when different instruments are following a same or very similar phrase, staying into static intervals one to another ( unison, octaves, 5th, 4th…)
More or less, yes - similar range, same tonality - the flute phrases here were in/around G minor, so I played a pad-impro around G minor - but if you're after dissonances, do the opposite. I did try to morph the high flutes with a sub-bass water gong resulting in krrrchchchchchrrrjjskkkrtrrrrchchch-garblegarblegarble, so that doesn't really yield anything usable, unless you're into krrrchchchchchrrrjjskkkrtrrrrchchch-garblegarblegarble-noise-music.

Here's a thing:

https://soundcloud.com/ah_dziz/lots-of-morphing

I got five morphs running along side a bunch of other stuff but cubase was acting funny about me changing the Buffer on my Babyface so I ran out of juice. Rhodes, Bass, and Brush Drums morphed into an orchestra, Microtonic Morphed into some Battery kit, Zebra Morphed into Strobe morphed into TyrellN6, and a bitcrushed 808 morphed into a Distorted 606. Pretty much unmixed. I just jammed out for a while and then cut it down to a way shorter time.
Last edited by Ah_Dziz on Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Proud new owner here. Guess I was out-Borged. :roll:
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

Anyone noticing this plugin takes longer time to open than the other zynaptiq products?

Any chance of adding midi learn to this? Even if it's just for the formant control and the main xy morph area? I have some fun ideas involving some lemur programming that would be great with "morph"

JJ

Ah_Dziz wrote:Any chance of adding midi learn to this? Even if it's just for the formant control and the main xy morph area? I have some fun ideas involving some lemur programming that would be great with "morph"

JJ
What host are you using? Most hosts should be able to map MIDI to plugin controls. That said, the request has come up a couple of times so we may be adding configurable MIDI mapping in a future update.

Cheers,
Denis
Zynaptiq - Audio Software Based On Artificial Intelligence Technology, makers of PITCHMAP: Real-Time Polyphonic Pitch Correction And Mapping.

Krakatau wrote: …i just assume instinctively that it might give the most effective results when different instruments are following a same or very similar phrase, staying into static intervals one to another ( unison, octaves, 5th, 4th…)
"Effective" would depend on what you're trying to achieve. If trying to get "subtle" intermediates, then it is best to have both sound be in a similar frequency range and, most importantly, have a similar bandwidth. For example if you're trying to morph one sound with lots of high frequency content with one that has little HF, the plugin will try to find the "closest match" for the high frequency components in the darker sound, which may be the noise floor or similar. You can counteract this to some extent by reducing AMP SENSE and COMPLEXITY. Also, higher harmonics may have to "travel" quite some "distance", so some components may do "slides" or glissandos.

If you're trying to achieve *obviously morphed* results, then it may be beneficial to have the sounds be very different.

Another thing that benefits the morphing is if the input sounds are aligned in time – if they're *not* aligned, you may get loud parts morphed with whatever stuff is in the other sounds "gaps". This can sound very cool but doesn't really qualify for the "subtle" department...:-)

-d
Zynaptiq - Audio Software Based On Artificial Intelligence Technology, makers of PITCHMAP: Real-Time Polyphonic Pitch Correction And Mapping.

zynaptiq wrote:
Ah_Dziz wrote:Any chance of adding midi learn to this?
What host are you using? Most hosts should be able to map MIDI to plugin controls. That said, the request has come up a couple of times so we may be adding configurable MIDI mapping in a future update.

Cheers,
Denis
This would be great for those of us using DP since it doesn't map midi. (Shame on it.)

OK, we'll look into it for a future version!

-d

I use Cubase and you can do it but like many things they don't make it particularly convenient.

@zynaptiq, just out of curiosity, somewhere in the thread we were having a discussion about spectral morphing, and you mentioned it would probably not be a huge challenge to have it implemented into Morph at some point. If that so, how would it work? Would it be a different algorithm available along with all the other existing ones?

Additional algorithms would be added simply as another entry in the algorithm selector.

for the sake of better quality morphing, i'd be more interested in a plugin, or standalone application if needs be, that morphed between loaded/analysed/mapped samples...rather than live input.

Daags wrote:for the sake of better quality morphing, i'd be more interested in a plugin, or standalone application if needs be, that morphed between loaded/analysed/mapped samples...rather than live input.
+1000!
Yes, an upgrade for this plugin and/or a standalone app w/ sample loading and offline processing are definitely needed...
A kind of new SoundHack for today's needs.
That would turn an already great plugin into an incredible, powerful sound design weapon!!
It would be a heaven's gift :)
:pray:

Return to “Effects”