Any love for Electra 2 around here???

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ah_Dziz wrote: Do you know offhand what type of resynthesis Electra uses? I'm a big fan of resynthesis and didn't even notice that in the product blurb on their site.
I can't give you the technical details but you just load in a mono Wave file and it resynthesizes the waveform. Then you can run it through Electa's filters and effects. It's quick and simple.

I often layer the original sample with the resynthesized waveform and one of Electra's oscillators.

Ah_Dziz wrote:
ckam03 wrote:
Ah_Dziz wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Ah_Dziz wrote:I just went and looked at it. It's demo music was so bad I didn't even want to check out the demo of the synthesizer. I did go check out ray blaster though and even though it has the same shitty demos ( they should look into that for all their stuff) I'm probably gonna buy it anyway because the synthesis method seems like it has a lot of potential.
Now I understand why people say I'm too picky. You don't like the demos but you're going to buy the synth anyway.

No wonder I'm getting so much flack for not liking Sylenth1 enough to buy it.

FWIW, I have Rayblaster and it can make some interesting sounds thanks to some quirky synth methods. It has the same plastic sound as Electra 2, but if you're into that "shiny EDM stuff" you should like Rayblaster. It's not hard to program and you should have fun with it.
Between the terrible demos and the fact that I don't have much interest in a "workstation synth" leave me less than enthusiastic about Electra. All the demos on the tone 2 site are terrible so I won't let that deter me too much especially when there appears to be something new to try out like in the case of rayblaster. Native instruments has always had terrible demos and I use all their stuff regularly. It doesn't necessarily or even probably speak to the quality of the product to have terrible demo music, the demos at tone 2 were just exceptionally bad. If I was interested in the software reincarnation of a pcm workstation I would look into Electra further as well but I'm not.
To each their own. I don't really like the NI synths.
I don't get super excited about their synths either but they work just fine for what they do and cover most of the ground that one would need to cover with most styles of synthesis (and that's before you even get in to Reaktor). I've owned Komplete since version 3 and have used Kontakt daily in my work since version 1 so I'm mostly just sticking with what I know. If you haven't checked them out recently some of their newer Reaktor based synths are actually pretty damn cool. I only have Monark and Razor, but I've had a play with rounds and the other one and they are pretty spiffy.
I'm sure Reaktor is great. Will probably buy it 2nd hand someday. But I don't want all the junk included in Komplete and it really only makes sense to buy Komplete if you want any of the NI stuff.

zerocrossing wrote:I bought it around Christmas time and I really love the sound, but man the UI is terrible IMO. I'm not sure what they're thinking. I've got Gladiator 2 as well and that's a fair bit better in terms of getting around in... so it's been a bit of an obstacle in terms of getting into but the sounds is killer.
I think the UI is perfectly fine. Unlike that horrendous, multi-tabbed, monstrosity MPowerSynth that you've been pimping. :hihi:

By the way, I think there is a way of customizing the colors of the layers. The details are somewhere in the Tone2 forum.

Yes but problem is all other Tone2 synths than saurus are crashed more than one time when i tested them. I used saurus more which crashed only one time. others are used i think 3-5 timesl ess but crashed about 3-5 times more. but i still test them someday but i prefer stable synths even more if i go live someday... i like all Tone2 synths. btw i think now i need only few synths to make all my ideas maybe even single one if i found way make my current ones more rounder without making them over round.:)

JPQ wrote:Yes but problem is all other Tone2 synths than saurus are crashed more than one time when i tested them. I used saurus more which crashed only one time. others are used i think 3-5 timesl ess but crashed about 3-5 times more.
I can't recall a single Tone2 synth crash and I own Electra2, Rayblaster, and Gladiator.

This crash happens in Mac and Logic. saddly my Ableton live test ends soon i maybe dont have time test them with it. But when they work they work better than Arturia synths for example (which are fine some uses if they work better and i dont talk analog emulation their current timbre way works soem uses). which i even found some odd things even i tested only demos. like Jupiter 8 in my pc in 2008 i think not cpu maximised at all but cracking and pops. sorry offtopic but point is if Tone2 products work better when i test more i can imagine get at least one of them. (Very likely this Electra 2 or/and Nemesis).

JPQ wrote:This crash happens in Mac and Logic.
I am Win 7 and StudioOne.

Frantz wrote:
zerocrossing wrote:I bought it around Christmas time and I really love the sound, but man the UI is terrible IMO. I'm not sure what they're thinking. I've got Gladiator 2 as well and that's a fair bit better in terms of getting around in... so it's been a bit of an obstacle in terms of getting into but the sounds is killer.
I think the UI is perfectly fine. Unlike that horrendous, multi-tabbed, monstrosity MPowerSynth that you've been pimping. :hihi:

By the way, I think there is a way of customizing the colors of the layers. The details are somewhere in the Tone2 forum.
Not sure if custom colors would fix it... It's just sort of blaaaah. At least MPowersynth is a big ball of complexity. I think what bugs me is that there's some arbitrary decision to make some controls skeuomorphic and others some flat LCD display looking thing. There's no real logic to it. Ghist does this too.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote:
Frantz wrote:

Not sure if custom colors would fix it... It's just sort of blaaaah. At least MPowersynth is a big ball of complexity. I think what bugs me is that there's some arbitrary decision to make some controls skeuomorphic and others some flat LCD display looking thing. There's no real logic to it. Ghist does this too.
Lol. I have to agree, MPowerSynth is a head case and I actually love melda plugins. There was way too many tabs. I think thats why I like Electra so much. Everything is on one page.

am using electra2 in LX 10.1.1 with yosemite (10.10.3beta), and...no crashes (yet). great synth, and some great improvements/enhancements since electraX. the vocoder is nice too, am meaning to play with that more...

I have tested Electra 2 in the past and what I don't love in this plugin that is a bit to close for me. When I compare it to another, Electra 2 can't load own wavetables, ... This would be nice when they will open it to more sound design possibilities.
Positive is that Electra 2 has a very own sound, typical Tone 2 ;)

deleted
Last edited by replicant X on Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Each DAW has a different sound.

SynthDrum wrote:I have tested Electra 2 in the past and what I don't love in this plugin that is a bit to close for me. When I compare it to another, Electra 2 can't load own wavetables, ... This would be nice when they will open it to more sound design possibilities.
Positive is that Electra 2 has a very own sound, typical Tone 2 ;)
You can load in your own wavetables.

replicant X wrote:For me, It's best synthsizer.

Better than hardware.
Not for functionality but for its sound.

Delete all Euro-Pop-injected preset patchs. (sometime It's fun though)
Make some your own patchs.
The sound engine is incredible.
Well, better than what hardware? If you're talking about the Nord Lead 2x or Virus TI, sure. It was one of the plug ins I used in my decision to ditch my Snow. However, I bet that a Solaris or Modulus .002 would best it.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I work as a sound designer for Tone2 (ambient/atmospheric sounds, so don't blame the club/dance sounds on me ;-P ) and I've made an album using Rayblaster only ( https://macofbionight.bandcamp.com/albu ... -series-03 ) and two using Nemesis only ( one is here https://macofbionight.bandcamp.com/album/dimmig-v-g and the other, a double album is here vol 01 https://macofbionight.bandcamp.com/album/memoirs-vol-01 and vol 02 https://macofbionight.bandcamp.com/album/memoirs-vol-02 ) shamelessplugmode on/: the double album was made using exclusively my ambient/atmospheric/Berlin School soundset that you can find here https://tone2.com/html/ambientica.html here's the demo https://soundcloud.com/macnight/ambient ... f-bionight shamelessplugmode off /

Anyway, I haven't had time to work with Elektra2 yet, but I'm planning to record an album using only this synth, it seems to have loads of possibilities in terms of sound design, and all with a more then reasonable cpu load (I'm on a pentium 4...). Like all Tone2 synths, it's got its own sound, so the results tend to be quite unique. I hope I'll find the time to work on it this year.

Return to “Instruments”