New Drum Samples Website : SM Drums

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SM Drums
smmdrums.wordpress.com

This is a friendly partnership between Scott McLean , Tod Stillwell and Suleiman Ali.

Our aim is to provide immaculately sampled collector drum kits mapped to various popular sampler formats, thus making realistic sampled drums available to all. Therefore, YOU can get some of the best drum sample content available today for free in the form of sampler formats (like Kontakt , TX16WX and Reaper RS5K) as well as the open WAV samples to map in your own samplers of choice. The naming and organization should make it quite easy.

Initially, these products were shared on various public forums (such as the Reaper and KVR forum), but now we have decided to consolidate the links into a single website. Here it is a super drum sample giveaway throughout the year !

CREDITS :

All the drum kits and samples on this website are a direct result of the hard work and generosity of drummer extraordinaire Scott McLean,without whose amazing efforts none of this would have been possible.

All the sample editing / trimming and drum programming for different platforms has been done by Tod Stillwell and Suleiman.

ALL of the content on this website is for FREE royalty free use by anyone for anything.

We currently have formats for Kontakt , TX16WX and Reaper's RS5K.
We are looking for people who can :
- Mirror the content at other d/l locations or their own servers.
-Map for Reason, SFZ etc

Please spread the link and news far and wide.
Last edited by Burzukh_Studios on Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I can ask the Karoryfer site admin if we can do mirroring. You need a few gigs of space (about the size of all our sample libraries combined) and expect pretty high traffic, right?

I could also try SFZ, though I'm not really into "real" drums, so stuff like hi-hat controller MIDI CC might confuse me.

DSmolken wrote:I can ask the Karoryfer site admin if we can do mirroring. You need a few gigs of space (about the size of all our sample libraries combined) and expect pretty high traffic, right?

I could also try SFZ, though I'm not really into "real" drums, so stuff like hi-hat controller MIDI CC might confuse me.
Thank you ! Pls talk to those guys and let me know...

There are no inter hihat open stages sampled so its just closed , pedal and open - i.e. no cc needed, so you can do the SFZ withoutnworrying about that. But these samples have a HUGE number of velocity layers and round robins, and sound super realistic.

We already had way toooo many samples....so maybe our next sampled version will have those middle hat articulations. Its always a compromise somewhere between size and realism.

OK, good, velocity layers and round robins I can handle. I can also do note off groups, so you can't do an open hi-hat and a closed one at the same time. I'll grab the raw samples this evening and see what I can do, also ask our site admin if we can handle the traffic of mirroring something this large and presumably popular.

My hard disk is filled up with tons of (Western) drum samples, kicks, snares, toms, hi-hats, rides, crashes etc. I don't need new ones, I don't even have enough time to listen to all of them...

But what I really miss are some exotic drum samples for every now and then...

Could you make a big (!) library with Arabic and Persian drum samples? I would be dancing around the wood blocks if it were possible! :wheee:

muslimpunk wrote:Thank you ! Pls talk to those guys and let me know...
We have 10 GB of space. I see the Kontakt version adds up to 3.7 GB and Reaper is 1.9 plus raw files and non-velocity layer TX16WX version is about another gig - so we'd need about 6.6 GB total, right?

Btw which version should I download to get the samples I could use for SFZ mapping?

Awesomeness! Thanks for your work on this.

DSmolken wrote:
muslimpunk wrote:Thank you ! Pls talk to those guys and let me know...
We have 10 GB of space. I see the Kontakt version adds up to 3.7 GB and Reaper is 1.9 plus raw files and non-velocity layer TX16WX version is about another gig - so we'd need about 6.6 GB total, right?

Btw which version should I download to get the samples I could use for SFZ mapping?
I would suggest getting the Kontakt related samples (from Tod's version), as they are stereo samples. My RS5K 127 layered behemoth has multi-channels which only work in Reaper or DrumGizmo.

And you can host maybe only two of the versions to reduce the size requirement (Maybe Tod's Kontakt and my TX16WX non-velocity version ).

bigcat1969 wrote:Awesomeness! Thanks for your work on this.
You are most welcome! Its not much compared to the generosity and dedication you have already shown the community.

Very cool.
Thanks!
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

OK, started downloading the Kontakt samples today. My net connection isn't great, but once I finish I'll see how they could be mapped. Got the cymbals so far.

Got these samples - that's all I should need to make the SFZ mappings, right? The naming conventions seem clear enough.
Although SMDrums has been programmed in Kontakt as a multi miced kit, due to RAM considerations, the samples have been mixed to stereo for RS5K.
SMD Stereo Cymbals Samples (Hats, Rides, & Crash). [1.8gig] (RS5K, Kontakt)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8sahg ... sp=sharing

SMDrums Stereo Drums Samples (Kiks, Snares, & Toms)… [446M] (RS5K)

SMDrums Drums Samples (Kiks, Snares, & Toms)… [1.4Gig] (Kontakt)

Will be great to have sfz versions of these. :tu:

[quote="DSmolken"]Got these samples - that's all I should need to make the SFZ mappings, right?[=quote]

Yep , you got it all.

Good luck with the sfz. Please feel free to ask for any clarifications.

Cool, I'll get started on the SFZ tomorrow, since I'm now just about finished with my new double bass library.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”