One Synth Challenge #72: Eclipsis by VSTZONE (Richard Semper Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Eclipsis

Voted, good luck everyone.
Hope to join this month, for the past 3 OSC Ive started a track but cant seem to get very far so we'll see
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

Voting done!
Definitely some difficult decisions, so many great tracks. I also feel bad for any low ratings, but you gotta do what you gotta do I guess.

This was so much fun, I'm so glad I was a part of it and I look forward to joining in as often as I can and hearing more songs from everybody! Oh and thanks for all the kind words about my song, constructive criticism, and all around friendly attitudes, you guys definitely know how to make a first timer feel welcome.

I don't know about this month's contest cause I don't own synthmaster, and using the player version won't be as much fun. I think it would just frustrate me if I can't design my own patches.
But I'll be back soon, probably next month.

Good luck everyone and thanks again for making this an awesome experience!

Voted!
Sure these OSC are forcing me to ignore my tastes.... there's some track that really are'nt my cup of tea.... i suspect they are'nt even in the same "languages" i'm able to "understand". Still have merits as great sounds, care of variation, good mixing.... i have to force myself to listen the whole thing and being "impartial" (as much as i can).... a tiring but teaching experience :)
Ensoniq SQ1, Korg Wavestation A/D

Parduz wrote:Voted!
Sure these OSC are forcing me to ignore my tastes.... there's some track that really are'nt my cup of tea.... i suspect they are'nt even in the same "languages" i'm able to "understand". Still have merits as great sounds, care of variation, good mixing.... i have to force myself to listen the whole thing and being "impartial" (as much as i can).... a tiring but teaching experience :)
I always thought of music as the universal language. Doesn't matter what country you're from. You can learn to appreciate many different styles. Do you know that I really love Italian Disco? I discovered it one day when i was looking for different styles to try to emulate.

Here is my attempt at Italian Disco.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim/little-italy

Voted! Awesome and Inspiring stuff all-around.

This was my first OSC and a very fun experience. Will definitely aim to be a regular, plenty to learn. Thank you!
Creative Developer and Game Designer.
http://oddgoo.io

bibz1st wrote:Voted, good luck everyone.
Hope to join this month, for the past 3 OSC Ive started a track but cant seem to get very far so we'll see
Irion da Ronin wrote this great little tutorial on making a fast OSC track here, maybe it'll help out?

wagtunes wrote:
I always thought of music as the universal language. Doesn't matter what country you're from. You can learn to appreciate many different styles.
Yep, i was thinking the same. But here at the OSC i realized i have hard times with some experimental, "weird" tracks (i lack the knowledge to be more specific about the genre).
One of that tracks is your :wink: I think i'm honest enough to recon that it's about me: i don't even understand what you was trying to "tell", or to "paint"... i can't get the "meaning" :)
wagtunes wrote:Do you know that I really love Italian Disco? I discovered it one day when i was looking for different styles to try to emulate.
Here is my attempt at Italian Disco.
https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim/little-italy
eheh :) I had so much of that stuff (being born in 1970, Italo Disco trampled over all my teen years :D ) but i also like it sometimes. Your attempt seems to have the theory done (whatever it is), it may lack just a bit of punch :)
Ensoniq SQ1, Korg Wavestation A/D

bjporter wrote:
Irion da Ronin wrote this great little tutorial on making a fast OSC track here, maybe it'll help out?
Thanks, some good points there, will def give them a try and go back to all my older tunes too, gotta get them 'finished' :tu:
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

Voted !

Nice tracks there :) Good luck to all :)

I placed my votes in, even though I didn't participate in the challenge.

My favorite track is Esteband - Dawn of Man
~ good luck ~
~ re~member to do good in a spirit of love, unity, compassion, and kindness ~

Parduz wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
I always thought of music as the universal language. Doesn't matter what country you're from. You can learn to appreciate many different styles.
Yep, i was thinking the same. But here at the OSC i realized i have hard times with some experimental, "weird" tracks (i lack the knowledge to be more specific about the genre).
One of that tracks is your :wink: I think i'm honest enough to recon that it's about me: i don't even understand what you was trying to "tell", or to "paint"... i can't get the "meaning" :)
LOL. Meaning :wink: :lol:

Hey that`s Rock `n`Roll!!! The meaning is sex, drugs and rock`n`roll. It`s more a feeling than a meaning. You have to understand it with your stomache/belly not with your head!!! I imagine someone is asking AC/DC: "Hey what is your message? The meaning?" :lol: :wink:

Maybe this helps to make you understand:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-LU4tNKddE

:)
Simplicity without a name, is free from all external aim. With no desire, at rest and still,
all things go right as of their will.
Daodejing verse 37

SoundGoddess wrote:My favorite track is Esteband - Dawn of Man
Wow, thanks, SoundGoddess. That's really kind.

I'm awfully critical of it myself. I mean, after several years of producing nothing, I'm proud to have finally gotten a track to at least that state of completion. But when I compare it to some other tracks in this round, it sounds awfully amateurish to my ears. I'm aiming for future submissions to have more professional polish (a la z.prime, animehaus), more compositional elements (again, a la z.prime, rockingricky, Parduz, etc.), and more emotion (like what I heard from jdruery).

Indeed, there is some serious talent going on here. I'm hoping some of it will rub off on me.

I'm gonna pass on the March OSC, because the free version of Synthmaster doesn't have the kind of presets that I want to work with, and I really don't want to shell out any cash for the big boy version. But if you're interested to hear more, check back in April - I should have an entry for OSC74.

Thanks again,

-Steve

bjporter wrote:
Bookmarked. Many thanks :)

@Actioncat: I`m glad you enjoyed and that we will see us again somewhen on OSC, but before you leave: Don`t forget to upload your patches :wink: I swear I will stalk you until I will have get this E-Guitar :lol:
Simplicity without a name, is free from all external aim. With no desire, at rest and still,
Daodejing verse 37

Voting done.
Great synth, many very good tracks. Good luck!
: : vokje : : oxebe : :

I have voted. That was the hardest task. I would have rather liked to mastering my track once again (which would be already "horror" enough) than to vote :lol:

More 5`s than 4`s and more 4`s than 3`s. If you don`t like it, just fire me, but that was my honesty opinion 8)

I even gave tracks which were not 100% my taste a higher rating, because I simply found the pure musical aspect (arrangement, skills, melody, sound) much too valuable for to give them a lower rating.

I`m glad that this is done now.
Daodejing verse 37

Return to “Instruments”