Novel tech Character for 59 bux

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

Given the sale, I was thinking about picking that up. Any KVRians that are fans that could post about their experience regarding Character's usefulness? Perhaps in comparison with Vitamin, Valve Exciter, and other such harmonic enhancers?

Very useful, using it on a lot of instruments. Advantage: choosable frequency to emphazise, also the the mids can be hyped at will: great

Love it, but the amount knob is parked almost permanently at the lowest possible, usually at the end of chain if I still need something cut thru the mix a bit better.

Can't compare to the Powercore, but got a friend who swear by that version and totally not a fan of the native. YMMV.

softska wrote:Love it, but the amount knob is parked almost permanently at the lowest possible, usually at the end of chain if I still need something cut thru the mix a bit better.

Can't compare to the Powercore, but got a friend who swear by that version and totally not a fan of the native. YMMV.
similar experience. I use to have TC version on Powercore and now own the native one. Native version seems to sound more obvious/processed and less smooth. But I love the Character very much and use it many times in every project anyway :phones:

I love it, great plugin

Why on earth would a Powercore version sound different than a Native version?

No one knows, but before the first update it was actually even bigger difference. The first update (for native) apparently increased the frequency of the adaptation engine. Guess is Powercore probably still running at a higher rate, but that's speculation on my part. Look up the gearslutz thread if you want to read more about it.

That's getting to the point of disgraceful now. I will NEVER support this company again. 20$ license transfer and $20 resale for a $200 product. I am sick of it.
Lucky that character happens to be one of the very few I am keeping but I can't help complain about alliance's joke sales, I am sorry guys but this is one dev in literally only a handful (ok 4, less than a handful), that irritate me with their pricing to the point of losing me from now on forever. Had it.
BTW to anyone else, that plugin is well worth $59. Take advantage of their stupidity.

Hopefully others will take a stand too though and they will stop screwing over loyal customers by devaluing their stuff to next to nothing.

Return to “Effects”