One Synth Challenge #73 special: Synthmaster (Jasinski wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Playing through all the presets now...
JKF so many presets! wow. I really like the 16 beat 18 closed hat, harsh clap, and horse shoe fx
Mojo, arp go deep is huge! Also like kick_2
Steve Gruskin, lovely stick hit and kick 2
Wagtunes prolific! I really like some of these snares.
SoundGoddess, that clap is money.
Spidergod- very hardcore drum -er- bass sounds
Zprime that kick is chunky!

I gave up trying to figure out why SM x64 decided to start crashing 90% of the time whenever I tried to save a preset...at least Bitwig has crash protection; I tried it in Reaper and the entire DAW crashed. I did a clean fresh install of 2.6.21 and it still had the bug. The 32-bit version seems to work fine, even though it's using the same configuration file and the same RootFolder setting. I guess it's not that big of a deal to use the 32-bit version when I'm making new sounds, but it sure wasted a lot of time today trying to diagnose why it is broken all of the sudden, when it worked fine a couple days ago and I haven't changed any settings that I'm aware of. I'm annoyed because now I'm not feeling so creative...I guess I need to take a break from the computer for a while.

Latest consolidated preset bank is here:
http://soundgoddess.me/OSC.zip
~ good luck ~
~ re~member to do good in a spirit of love, unity, compassion, and kindness ~

Hi all,

With all this effort going into making these new presets which can be used by the PLAYER version. Can someone please tell me how we will be able to do that?

I guess I am being a bit dumb ... but would someone enlighten me ...

Thanks from an oldtimer

dB

SoundGoddess wrote:I gave up trying to figure out why SM x64 decided to start crashing 90% of the time whenever I tried to save a preset...at least Bitwig has crash protection; I tried it in Reaper and the entire DAW crashed.
You should try running the VSTi in it's own dedicated process in REAPER - that way, if the VSTi crashes it doesn't take out the whole DAW. Right click the VSTi in the FX browser!

Unless of course you did that and it still took REAPER out! :dog:

dB

doctorbob wrote:Hi all,

With all this effort going into making these new presets which can be used by the PLAYER version. Can someone please tell me how we will be able to do that?

Thanks from an oldtimer

dB
Doc, KV is going to encode them into the player. There is no way for us to do it.

SoundGoddess wrote:I gave up trying to figure out why SM x64 decided to start crashing 90% of the time whenever I tried to save a preset...at least Bitwig has crash protection; I tried it in Reaper and the entire DAW crashed. I did a clean fresh install of 2.6.21 and it still had the bug. The 32-bit version seems to work fine, even though it's using the same configuration file and the same RootFolder setting. I guess it's not that big of a deal to use the 32-bit version when I'm making new sounds, but it sure wasted a lot of time today trying to diagnose why it is broken all of the sudden, when it worked fine a couple days ago and I haven't changed any settings that I'm aware of. I'm annoyed because now I'm not feeling so creative...I guess I need to take a break from the computer for a while.

Latest consolidated preset bank is here:
Thanks for the update and all your effort until here. Calm down, make a break and relax :) I start now to rename the presets of JFK Flashico and for the case that you haven`t put wagtunes new patches to the bank I could do this in addition. I`ll make the next soundbank update in a while and hope that my DAW will not crashes.

For the case that you cannot solve this crashing problem, write a pm to me tomorrow. I will have to visit my parents tomorrow, but in the evening I will be back. For the case that you will need my help I could make the next update tomorrow evening or someone else here will make the job. You are not alone :wink:
doctorbob wrote: Hi all,

Thanks from an oldtimer
SoundGoddess has asked Bulent from KV331 Audio if he could encode all the presets in our OSC bank and make them this way useful for the player too. The user of the player version can download then a version of the bank which can be imported into the player after encoding.

At the moment we are just collecting what we can get here and in a couple of days (probably in the beginning of the next week, if I`m informed well) Bulent can encode the presets and the player user can download them. Sounds good eh? :D

Edti: Oops sorry, wagtunes, haven`t seen your post.
Simplicity without a name, is free from all external aim. With no desire, at rest and still,
all things go right as of their will.
Daodejing verse 37

wagtunes wrote: Doc, KV is going to encode them into the player. There is no way for us to do it.
Ok Thanks. I got that part, I was just unsure quite how they would be used so ... do I assume that at some point then there will be a new version of the player which we will need to download with the new presets included? Or, as Y said, will we just download a new bank and our current player to substitute for the one included (Factory Presets.smar, and Factory Presets.smpb) will use that one with the new extra presets?

dB

Ha!!! Just for to tell you:
Our highscore now is exactly 151 Presets including 20 new tom sounds by wagtunes and one new tom sound by SoundGoddess. Good job my friends :tu: :tu: :tu:

@wagtunes: My favorite`s are Tom 017 and Tom 015, quite realistic sound. Will check out the adjustements later.Tom 001 is rather a pretty cool kick, but as kick it sounds awesome. This electro Toms sound also intresting.

@Jasinski:Thanks for feedback :) Yours are also not bad, not to say: Fantastic!!!

The most are drum patches. For the case that someone has to donate something else.........I would simply also put it on the list as long as we have time to do this. Will be a great new soundbank for all in the end.
Simplicity without a name, is free from all external aim. With no desire, at rest and still,
Daodejing verse 37

Mojo42 wrote:Ha!!! Just for to tell you:
Our highscore now is exactly 151 Presets including 20 new tom sounds by wagtunes and one new tom sound by SoundGoddess. Good job my friends :tu: :tu: :tu:

@wagtunes: My favorite`s are Tom 017 and Tom 015, quite realistic sound. Will check out the adjustements later.Tom 001 is rather a pretty cool kick, but as kick it sounds awesome. This electro Toms sound also intresting.

@Jasinski:Thanks for feedback :) Yours are also not bad, not to say: Fantastic!!!

The most are drum patches. For the case that someone has to donate something else.........I would simply also put it on the list as long as we have time to do this. Will be a great new soundbank for all in the end.
This is so great to hear that so many people have come together to make this soundbank possible.

All I can say is I am so proud to be a part of this community.

Now let's go make some great music!

Here is the most actual OSC bank update so far.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/30305yeplzqtm ... e.zip?dl=0

I also added 4 patches, because I failed yesterday with my snare and my open hihat and so tried to improve this. I added 2 snares, 1 open hihat and 1 ultra kick. I guess now we have drum patches for the next 100 years of producing music :D

But I have seen: We have not one single cymbal!!! Anyone interested into to fill this gap?
Daodejing verse 37

There are hihats, and my hat patch you can alter the decay times & filter to get different sounding cymbals reasonably well... but probably would be nice to have dedicated crash & ride in there :)

I had one crash type cymbal. Will try to crank out a few more.

Mojo42 wrote:Here is the most actual OSC bank update so far.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/30305yeplzqtm ... e.zip?dl=0

I also added 4 patches, because I failed yesterday with my snare and my open hihat and so tried to improve this. I added 2 snares, 1 open hihat and 1 ultra kick. I guess now we have drum patches for the next 100 years of producing music :D

But I have seen: We have not one single cymbal!!! Anyone interested into to fill this gap?
Yeager is a master of cymbals, maybe he can chip in. Cool stuff so far :clap:

5 crashes and 2 rides. Done.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gave up trying to figure out why SM x64 decided to start crashing 90% of the time whenever I tried to save a preset...at least Bitwig has crash protection; I tried it in Reaper and the entire DAW crashed. I did a clean fresh install of 2.6.21 and it still had the bug. The 32-bit version seems to work fine, even though it's using the same configuration file and the same RootFolder setting. I guess it's not that big of a deal to use the 32-bit version when I'm making new sounds, but it sure wasted a lot of time today trying to diagnose why it is broken all of the sudden, when it worked fine a couple days ago and I haven't changed any settings that I'm aware of. I'm annoyed because now I'm not feeling so creative...I guess I need to take a break from the computer for a while.
Hi SoundGoddess,

I've seen somewhere, where KV331 says that if you have installed 64bit version and 32 bit in same Computer. Updates have to be same. Have you try it to update your 32bit version to the 2.6.21 version? I don't really know that, this fix your problem, but I hope :hug:

Cheers
JK Flashico
Last edited by JKF Flashico on Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Instruments”