UVI retro organs..lesly question

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

right now it`s 50% off and the demos sound really good.
In the demos you can hear speeding the leslie up...since this is no emulation but only samples I
wonder how this is done/ if this is really possible in the UVI workstation. no information
to find about that...does anyone know that? would anyone recommend the product at all?

UVI Workstation does have a rotary speaker emulation effect...

No the Retro Organs don't use the Leslie FX, I think the library must predate it. The presets are listed under a subfolder called Wheel to Rotor Speed, when I look at the modulations it's Amp modulation with a mod mapper. But it doesn't seemed to be routed to anything. In the instruments "Tree" visible in the Mach V version there are two sub folders for the samples Fast and Slow, so they are somehow crossfading between the two speeds of the sample using the mod wheel. It does sounds good..

EDIT: I research further on the Tree of the Wheel to Rotary presets, and it shows modulations of the Fast and Slow sample layers what confused me was these layers aren't shown in the keyboard mapping graphic but so they are apparently hidden.. note, I'm at newbie at the inner workings of Mach V..

I would recommend the library for the sound quality alone.. I have sent a support request asking them to provide better documentation. As there is just about zero info offered..

I recently bought the PSP L' otary then use the DI versions of the Retro Organ, there are fewer choices here, but these work(sound) better when using with L' otary which is more controllable and therefore somewhat more fun to use than Retro Organs presets with sampled rotary effected organs..

For best sound quality though using the Retro Organs with the original recorded rotary effect is the way to go.. with a touch of reverb...

at 50% off this would be a bargain...
Last edited by TwoToneshuzz on Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

How would you say this compares to NI's Vintage Organs or '57 Drawbar Organ (Kore Sound pack)?

Retro Organs use volume crossfaded layers for the rotor speed (the organ was recorded twice with slow and fast speed)
This is clearly a non scientific way to do it, but this works surprisingly well.

This is of course less controllable but IMHO the sound authenticity wins over it and usually unless your playing style rely on changing the rotor every 2 seconds, it's a non issue to me.

Obviously my opinion is biased though given my signature :)
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

bharris22 wrote:How would you say this compares to NI's Vintage Organs or '57 Drawbar Organ (Kore Sound pack)?
I've just briefly looked at the new NI's Vintage Organs, and I'd say the sound quality of the UVI's is at least equally as good. The actual interface on NI's Vintage Organs is more attractive/user friendly, this will mean more than absolute sound quality to some users..

I don't have the Kore Sound pack and it isn't available anymore so I can't say anything useful here.

I have Logic and there is a quite good modelled B3 etc. organ with Rotary speaker.

I'm planning on getting Komplete Ultimate to get access to some things from NI the Vintage Organs will be included there so I don't see any problem owning UVI's version as well. I have Mach V so this pushes me in their direction when I'm looking for something specific as UVI workstation/ Mach V is a pretty awesome package and will make using and modifying my sound library easier and more fun..
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

thanks everyone!!

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”