"You cannot make another post so soon after your last."

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bibz1st wrote:Well that would certainly put me off buying anything from him, I've seen some of his previous posts and thought he was just joking around but now I see he wasnt, a very angry young? man.

Your loss. Mike is a great dev, and amongst the best when it comes to customer support. He always goes the extra mile ...

Banning him over a trivial issue like this seems over the top to me. I see far worse behaviour from other users here every day.

If I had the power to do it, and he talked to me like that and kept on doing it after being asked to stop it, then I'd be hitting that ban button too.

Maybe not permanent, but then I don't know the history between them. If I'd had multiple run-ins like this then I'd do that too eventually.
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.

Ben [KVR] wrote:Mike, I've had enough of your insults. I shall be banning you from KVR and you are not welcome to rejoin ever.

We will continue to list your products and report news releases unless you ask us not to. Preferably politely.
Wow... So that user/company is banned off of KVR, but others that stepped over the line more often (and way more bold - I could name a few at this point, actually I even did through PM to you, Ben) are not. A 2 week timeout (longer than the usual 5-7 days timeout in this case would have sufficed, but then again, I'm not the CEO/CTO of KVR.

On the issue at hand - I was locked out for over half an hour yesterday. Closing/relaunching the tab seems to have worked. Maybe this also had something to do with Firefox Nightly dropping 2 updates. Don't know. Didn't annoy me as much, was busy with the KVR Mix Challenge anyway (and yes - all challenges could finally see own subboards!). But it sure was surprising to read the error message.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

The_Hidden_Goose wrote:If I had the power to do it, and he talked to me like that and kept on doing it after being asked to stop it, then I'd be hitting that ban button too.

Maybe not permanent, but then I don't know the history between them. If I'd had multiple run-ins like this then I'd do that too eventually.
He picked up what was more or less a permaban some while back after a series of not dissimilar hissyfits. The mods then relented (after a couple of years IIRC) and he came back. So, yeah, there's history.

thecontrolcentre wrote:Banning him over a trivial issue like this seems over the top to me. I see far worse behaviour from other users here every day.
Anybody is asking for trouble when they hit the forum owner with four letter word tirads and calling him "incompetent boob"

Had I been the forum owner I would ban the guy to, if not you're inviting that kind of behaviour.

Maybe Admiral Quality can use the free time redecorating his webpage, which seems html coded with notepad, designed back at the end of the 90's by the look of it. Kind of weird that he would hit the KVR for web slack, when his own looks so lackluster and ugly.

Numanoid wrote: Anybody is asking for trouble when they hit the forum owner with four letter word tirads and calling him "incompetent boob"
That particular insult came after the ban ... and "incompetent boob" is nowhere near as bad as some of the language used on KVR every day.

thecontrolcentre wrote:is nowhere near as bad as some of the language used on KVR every day.
Maybe between the pupils, but you don't talk to the headmaster like that, to put it that way ;)

I don't think anyone should have to take that kinda thing, headmaster or no.
It's just the headmaster has the power to do it, so it just seems foolish.

I think some of the arguments on here can get pretty personal and nasty too, and would support temporary (and in some cases permanent) bans for those too. I don't recall seeing anything as consistently personally insulting as that in a while, but then perhaps I'm not watching the same threads...
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.

Still, I agree on the "crazy behavior" on KVR as of late. Especially from certain companies towards their legit users paying users (again, I've seen many of those in the last 1,5 years alone).

Why doesn't someone step in in this case? We'll never know. :shrug:
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

The_Hidden_Goose wrote:I don't think anyone should have to take that kinda thing, headmaster or no.
I was thinking a more suitable term than pupils and headmaster would be inmates and warden :lol:

We're in the KVR chain gang nuff said :borg:

thecontrolcentre wrote:
Numanoid wrote: Anybody is asking for trouble when they hit the forum owner with four letter word tirads and calling him "incompetent boob"
That particular insult came after the ban ... and "incompetent boob" is nowhere near as bad as some of the language used on KVR every day.
except that "incompetent boob" was used in the same sentence as "f**k you"

Hmm, another fun day at KVR.
musisikamar.com

Yes very entertaining ,more entertainment than my wife DVR soap operas and they be on the TV when I get home. .

Return to “Site Stuff”