Official Serum thread!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Another WIP with mainly Serum (one sound is Trilian, tell me which one!)

Ponfused Cidgeon
https://soundcloud.com/matthijsbos/wip-ponfused-cidgeon

A single vintage preset from "Concentrated" for Serum:

Concentrated" for Serum:

I'm absolutely loving Serum but the stability in FL12 is currently dreadful on my machine (i7-5820k / all SSD / 32gb RAM). I've tried running the plugin in 32 and 64bit, bridged vs. non-bridged, etc. But frequently it hangs FL, either during playback or editing, and frequently during rendering.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Are you running the latest version atop the Serum forum? please email me if so.
(I'll download an FL12 beta, it was alpha last I checked)..

I was not using the latest version until just now, when I grabbed the beta at the top. Here the stability is even worse! As soon as I play a single note in FL, it IMMEDIATELY crashes. This is with Serum 32 OR 64 bit, and FL 32/64. What is your email?

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

It's been reported at Image-line
I think it's more a FL12 bug (still in beta and very buggy!)

My email is displayed on http://www.xferrecords.com/contact - I can send you a newer build to try (should be on the forum later today, just working out some AAX kinks) which I expect will resolve your issue.

well fl studio 12 is still in beta ;).
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Emailed - cheers. I realize FL12 is in beta but typically their betas do have the most stable and improved plugin wrappers (in theory).

Disable "send mod x to polyphonic aftertouch" in FL wrapper settings.

This is no longer needed in the latest version just posted to the Serum forum - (you can use poly aftertouch).

There's about a 20% CPU reduction on Windows machines as well!

Steve
Serum | Xfer Records

bitcrusher wrote:This is no longer needed in the latest version just posted to the Serum forum - (you can use poly aftertouch).

There's about a 20% CPU reduction on Windows machines as well!

Steve
Serum | Xfer Records
i can also confirm this about the cpu effieciency! i had the demo last week and since a few days the full version and latest update and fl studio 11 (not 12) can have many instances, also the presets load much faster now! how they will load even faster in the next updates and i am making a wishlist atm and will post soon on xfer forums with ideas i think would be easy to implement and better the workflow :D!

thanks Steve, this is why i support products with great passionship of devs/dev and also communicate with their customers, instead of others ....
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

CPU efficiency has improved but still having very bad problems with stability in FL12. I was streaming music production on Twitch today and FL crashed a dozen times, only when Serum was active (this is using the latest version). I've never seen FL this unstable unfortunately.

This is expected if using betas (Serum) over betas (FL Studio 12 Beta).

What is the latest non beta version, in my account it still just has the Serum 1.0 OS X Installer?

Return to “Instruments”