New granular synth: The Mangle

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Mangle

DJ Warmonger wrote:I tried to actually use Mangle to create some pads for new psytrance track... but couldn't really get anything clear enough. Ended up with layering Mangle with some other pads / effects at -15 dB.
Maybe it comes with experience. But didn't see anybody using Mangle in full tracks in this thread, either.
All the percussion and some of the pads in this track were made with The Mangle. All the sounds originally came from a recording of a tennis match...

https://soundcloud.com/nadarobot/major- ... -his-sleep
"Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence." - Robert Fripp

My music on SoundClound

Sim.Sky wrote:does anyone of you know if the mangle works in logic after the latest 10.1 update? i read in the u-he forum that apple dropped the support for some legacy dev kits and since there is no demo version of the mangle available i don't want to risk it not running in my setup
to answer myself (and those who might have had the same question): got the mangle running seamlessly here in the latest version of logic x :tu:

Heard back from Tom today. Great News!

He's going to be including 50 of my patches in the next Mangle release. He really loved them so I'm sure everybody else will too. It's a soundscapes and pads set (no leads, bass or stuff like that) so if you're into pads and soundscapes, you'll love these.

Hopefully, other contributors will fill in the gaps on the other stuff.

wagtunes wrote:Heard back from Tom today. Great News!

He's going to be including 50 of my patches in the next Mangle release. He really loved them so I'm sure everybody else will too. It's a soundscapes and pads set (no leads, bass or stuff like that) so if you're into pads and soundscapes, you'll love these.

Thanks :tu: Very generous of you. Looking forward to check them out.

Cheers :party:
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

Any ETA, one or two months? don't pass up on the introductory price.
dedication to flying

that's great!

i will try to make some drones but still need to learn this synth more, and this one i wanna REALLY master!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

ah, does anybody know how to assign different names to slots, like it's done, for instance, in the Real Tones preset?

rockbottom wrote:ah, does anybody know how to assign different names to slots, like it's done, for instance, in the Real Tones preset?
Double-click on the label and type a new one in ... unless you are using Cubase in which case it doesn't work. I think he's using an old version of Juce before that text input bug was fixed.

No, no: I'm running Logic, and it works; thank you so much!

This is total weirdness (when you don't have a manual or understand it)
I have 2 position locks on the waveform. I was modulating the start arrow (forget what it's called). If the start arrow was closer to the 2nd position lock then the modulation change of the position started as an offset to the second position lock.

These position locks seem to be offsets to the start arrow thingy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

am I right in thinking 0.9b is the current version ?

Daags wrote:am I right in thinking 0.9b is the current version ?
Yes.
It's easy if you know how

Wouldn't it be great if the Mangle became a Multi-touch VSTfx or VSTi for Windows such as the Borderlands Granular (an app for iPad)
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6096341
Making it multi-touch VST will spark the revolution so desperately needed for Windows now lagging far behind tablet music apps.

Why for Windows?
Bigger real estate. :D
More powerful computer :D
Ease of use with a DAW. :D
Yes, this will require the expense of a multi-touch monitor. :(

Agreed and decent multi touch screens are no longer expensive, just about every new laptop has one these days.
Though I don't think it'll be sparking the revolution somehow.

The JUCE framework is multi touch compliant so anything built with that is multi touch eg D16 plugins
Amazon: why not use an alternative

lesha wrote:
Daags wrote:am I right in thinking 0.9b is the current version ?
Yes.
thanks lesha.

Return to “Instruments”