One Synth Challenge #73 special: Synthmaster (Jasinski wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SoundGoddess wrote:Great news! Just heard back from Bulent @KV331. He said he'll encode the bank for us and upload it to the SynthMaster site so everyone who uses the player can download it :D
Superb! Thanks for taking the initiative :tu: Now for gathering the presets :wink:
Last edited by Touch The Universe on Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

SoundGoddess wrote:
wagtunes wrote:I can work on a bank of maybe 10 or 20 patches tomorrow and Friday and have it sent to whoever is handling this first thing Saturday morning if that's soon enough.
Sounds good to me :)
That's the way :tu: Looking forward to them! Cheers
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Here's a rough draft of my entry...I mostly just hit record on the clip arranger and fiddled around too much with the mod wheel, so it still needs a lot of fine-tuning. But I've been banging on the idea for at least the last 8 hours...probably time to shelve it for today and revisit it later. My eyes need a break from the computer ;)

https://clyp.it/1yogrpoh
~ good luck ~
~ re~member to do good in a spirit of love, unity, compassion, and kindness ~

z.prime wrote:Yep, that's the big sticking point, I think... only drums included in the player are off limits because they use samples.
[With PLAYER]

You can get some quite good and interesting approximations by finding those patches which allow a lot of filtering etc from a good starting point. Mainly in the FX section ...

Do the usual thing and layer up 3 or 4 elements and it works for kick. snare and "electronic" cymbals. Could not get decent Toms though.

dB

mehum wrote:Using just the free player I have managed to make something resembling drums. I'm not sure if it's possible to save them as standard VST patches from Reaper and load them into other VST hosts. Since they're made by layering a bunch of different patches it might be hard to recreate just from single patches anyway.
I could however share a Reaper project featuring them if anyone's interested.
You could save them as a Reaper track template. :hyper:
That's how I transferred my "easy edited" patches from MAC to Windows.

SoundGoddess wrote:Great news! Just heard back from Bulent @KV331. He said he'll encode the bank for us and upload it to the SynthMaster site so everyone who uses the player can download it :D
Yipiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie!!!! :wheee:

Cool :D Thanks to Bulent and most of all thank you for your huge effort :hug:

Okay, let`s make patches :) I also try to make as many as possible until Saturday morning. Then you could upload the first bank I guess.
Simplicity without a name, is free from all external aim. With no desire, at rest and still,
all things go right as of their will.
Daodejing verse 37

Guys, you're great.
I was trying with FX presets, attack and release set to 0, playing 3/96 long notes to get some decent click and hiss but if you can make drums you'll have my eternal gratitude.
If you can (i dunno how it works) and if it is not asking too much, pls make that the player tweakable parameters can change something (tone of snares, or some sort of "gate", or whatever). I repeat, i don't know if what i'm asking means something or is trivial or hard.
Anyway, thanks again for your efforts and generosity.
Ensoniq SQ1, Korg Wavestation A/D

Tjgoa wrote: P.S. Jasinski, I'll be keeping a lookout for you :hihi: were you by any chance planning to release some more of your famous patches. :hyper: Cheers
I've started building some drums. Will upload soon.

Try using the full version of SM in demo mode and then just freeze the track (assuming your DAW can do this) before the 15 min limit.

So cool we canget some better drums/perc for us lowly PLAYER only people :-)

Here's my approximation with a little part of my working for this OSC. (I did have a more ambient one almost ready to go, but there's not enough finesse in the PLAYER version to get the sounds I would like!).

The toms are just LAME halfway through - they really need to PUNCH, so I need great toms which can be tuned as well - please, please.

https://soundcloud.com/doctorbob/playerdrums

dB

Will be interesting to test and tryout the new user created presets.

All good stuff

Here's a quick preview of some drums I'm making. Help your self. More to come probably.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thanks, those sound good so far :)

I added them to the ongoing collection, so far we have 12 presets!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
~ good luck ~

I'm also making some drum presets and setting up a bunch of controls on the easy knobs... does anyone know if that's what we need to do for the player to be able to easily tweak the sounds? Or should I be setting this up on the X/Y pads or something else?

The player has the easy knobs and the x/y pads. It probably supports mod wheel, velocity, and aftertouch too.
~ good luck ~

bibz1st wrote:I was messing around with SM Player Free within Mulab and it seems that all the parameters show up within the host so it could be possible to create more complex patches than we think, via automation, hmmm must have a play.
That's fascinating, any update?

Return to “Instruments”