Charlatan v1.4.1 - free VA synth (Win VSTi 32-/64-bit)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Charlatan Charlatan - Time Capsule

Good to know there will be an update. Thanks for continuing with this great synth. :tu:
:tu: All is good

karrikuh I was just playing with charlatan and I had a idea , I do not know if usable :
What if it was possible to use the up and down cursors on the keyboard to change parameter of the last mouse-touched "knob" on the synth gui ? Is it even possible ?

great idea

DrewDale wrote:Good to know there will be an update. Thanks for continuing with this great synth. :tu:
+1 this has been my tight "low bass" goto synth for a long time. the oscillators and filter
mimic the bold raw power of vintage hardware synths very well. eagerly waiting to
see what new features get added, but honestly its awesome as it is now :)
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:
DrewDale wrote:Good to know there will be an update. Thanks for continuing with this great synth. :tu:
+1 this has been my tight "low bass" goto synth for a long time. the oscillators and filter
mimic the bold raw power of vintage hardware synths very well.
Yes Sir...Charlatan is one of the main layers of my bass sound too....

Opening up the filter as the music builds gives the bottom end a real "growl"...

Charlatan has got character and I hope that we're all grateful for such a real gem :wink:
No auto tune...

layzer wrote:
mimic the bold raw power of vintage hardware synths very well. eagerly waiting to
see what new features get added, but honestly its awesome as it is now :)
Do you have an example somewhere of where you've used Charlatan as part of (or all of) a bass sound? I'd like to hear an example of what you're talking about.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

planetearth wrote: Do you have an example somewhere of where you've used Charlatan as part of (or all of) a bass sound? I'd like to hear an example of what you're talking about.

Steve
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY24764dxHY

heres a composition i made with a video, its all Charlatan Bass with some industrial
samples. must have good phones or a good subwoofer to appeciate the low end :phones:

Could someone repost this skin:
http://fehtb9ddfg.1fichier.com/

Thanks!

For a feature request: moving knobs with mouse wheel would be killer. Using reaper, maybe I'm missing a setting?

lol the cat (Sancho) at 2:54 is hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol:
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Nielzie wrote:
lol the cat (Sancho) at 2:54 is hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol:
haha, yeah... Sancho is a regular in my music videos, like a Solid Gold dancer from the 80's! :hihi:

Was just playing around with that seemingly simple plugin again, it sounds so good. Imagine it had some sort of unison, that would be cool :) One knob would do: at zero no unison, else 4 voices whereby the knob increases both detune and spread in a reasonable and modest manner.

One thing is strange: when inverting the filter envelope amount in mono mode, there always seems to be legato, even when set to retrigger mode. The behavior in Sylenth is different, and correct in my view.

ENV1 charlatan skins are gone can someone post them for download please.

ENV1 wrote:
K82 wrote:can you upload this one too?
Sure, why not.

I also have two more that i can throw in while im at it.

(Not my personal favorites, but maybe somebody else likes one of them.)

please tell me you still have these especially the second one.

Hey karrikuh,

if your plugin is built on VST 2.4 and VSTGUI, is it possible that you share your sources with me, so I could try to build a Mac OSX build from it? Have quite bit experience on this... I mean, this would be great for the next OSC competition, making the plugin available for OSX users.

EDIT: Ok, I see, you're using some windows only framework...

Hi do you load presets on this? In the YT videos of Charlatan running inside Cubase there's a presets bar on top of it, but no such thing in Bitwig. I'd prefer loading presets directly from Charalatan then from the device panel in Bitwig.

Return to “Instruments”