One Synth Challenge #73 special: Synthmaster (Jasinski wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SoundGoddess wrote: If nobody's opposed I'll appoint myself keeper of the preset bank, just PM me with your presets and I'll add them to the bank. Once we have enough to get everyone started I'll ask KV311 to encode them for us so that the Player users can access them.
Most best idea :tu: :tu: :tu:

That sounds pretty organized. Goob job my dear :hug:

I`ll pm you as soon as have got something finished, but that will be probably first late night today. I hope the others also join your idea :)

Cheers
Yvonne
Simplicity without a name, is free from all external aim. With no desire, at rest and still,
all things go right as of their will.
Daodejing verse 37

SoundGoddess wrote:Here's the updated preset bank with Spidergod's presets added. I updated the attributes so that everything shows up under bank name OSC #73.

If nobody's opposed I'll appoint myself keeper of the preset bank, just PM me with your presets and I'll add them to the bank. Once we have enough to get everyone started I'll ask KV311 to encode them for us so that the Player users can access them.
I really like this idea and applaud your effort. I would however like to add that everyone please post there presets here as well so that anyone can grab them as soon as they become available if they want to use them in the regular version demo. I'm sure it'll take awhile for them to pile, maybe even a week, and I for one would like to get them as they come and not have to wait for a quarter of the alloted time waiting on presets. That is not to say that none would be appreciated after a week either. Send them til the day before deadline by all means :tu:

Btw, how long do you plan on waiting before you send the prests over to kvr331 or will you wait till you get a certain number of presets? In the meantime it might be a good idea to drop the guy a pm and let him know what we have in mind. Cheers
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

I played with SM factory version last night. There are some amazing presets. Did anyone notice the weird scrolling behavior in the browser? Only in the most right section where it shows the patches. While scrolling up, it goes up a little then goes down. I had to drag the scroll bar and move. It's very inconvenient. Before I report this to KV331, just wanted to make sure that it's not my setup that has this symptom.

If I understood correctly, I can use any preset except the ones that uses samples. Jasinski showed how to figure that out a few pages back so I will follow that approach. Any other specific rule?

This is gonna be epic again like Hive, OSC60, etc. I see most old timers are already on the job. Good luck all.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

Tjgoa wrote:I really like this idea and applaud your effort. I would however like to add that everyone please post there presets here as well so that anyone can grab them as soon as they become available if they want to use them in the regular version demo. I'm sure it'll take awhile for them to pile, maybe even a week, and I for one would like to get them as they come and not have to wait for a quarter of the alloted time waiting on presets. That is not to say that none would be appreciated after a week either. Send them til the day before deadline by all means :tu:

Btw, how long do you plan on waiting before you send the presets over to kvr331 or will you wait till you get a certain number of presets? In the meantime it might be a good idea to drop the guy a pm and let him know what we have in mind. Cheers
I'll post an updated file as soon I get them...I'm on the computer all day so it won't take me long to update and upload the new bank. As for how many presets to collect I'm not sure, but maybe we should set a deadline so that we don't have to wait too long. I'm open to suggestion as to when the cut off should be.

I'm not sure how many people own the full version, have the sound design skill to create drum patches, and have the time and desire to do so...if you're in that category please announce your intentions so we can get a better idea of what to expect.
~ good luck ~
~ re~member to do good in a spirit of love, unity, compassion, and kindness ~

I do not own the full version and saving is disabled in the demo. I would gladly share many I created if I could. It's really up to the people who own the full version this time around. For those of us without the full version, we are counting on you guys :tu:
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

I'm pretty excited about this contest, so I'm happy to contribute more patches. :)

I bought Syntorial last month to learn sound design, and I'm about 1/4 the way through the course, so my knowledge is still somewhat basic, although I'm starting to wrap my head around it more. If you know how to do sound design but don't have the full version, break down for me how to go about constructing the kind of patch you want and I'll do my best.
~ good luck ~

I've already submitted my entry but I'd be more than happy to design some patches to be used.

What is it that people are essentially looking for? I want to spend the little time I have on material that has the best chance of being utilized.

I can work on a bank of maybe 10 or 20 patches tomorrow and Friday and have it sent to whoever is handling this first thing Saturday morning if that's soon enough.

Just let me know.

Just a very quickly made suggestion, because I have to leave now for a moment:
- Let`s make simply 2 or 3 banks.
Posted in intervalls.........all 3 days? As an example:
Deadline for 1st bank: March 7th
Deadline for 2nd bank: March 11th
Deadline for 3rd bank: March 14th

After this date it doesn`t make much more sense I guess. SoundGoddess could post all updates here immediately so that other user of the full version can get the patches as quickly as possible and the user of the player also get them, but in intervalls of this 3 days. Or intervalls of 2 days, don`t know. Discuss this :)

@SoundGoddess: Yep ask KV331 Audio if they agree to our plan. Would be good to know if it actually will work.
Simplicity without a name, is free from all external aim. With no desire, at rest and still,
all things go right as of their will.
Daodejing verse 37

I have the full version and will put together some drum patches. It will take a day or two.

ontrackp wrote:I have the full version and will put together some drum patches. It will take a day or two.
Is that essentially what everybody wants, drum kits? I guess the player itself handles just about everything else.

Yep, that's the big sticking point, I think... only drums included in the player are off limits because they use samples.

wagtunes wrote:I can work on a bank of maybe 10 or 20 patches tomorrow and Friday and have it sent to whoever is handling this first thing Saturday morning if that's soon enough.
Sounds good to me :)
~ good luck ~

Great news! Just heard back from Bulent @KV331. He said he'll encode the bank for us and upload it to the SynthMaster site so everyone who uses the player can download it :D
Last edited by SoundGoddess on Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ good luck ~

Using just the free player I have managed to make something resembling drums. I'm not sure if it's possible to save them as standard VST patches from Reaper and load them into other VST hosts. Since they're made by layering a bunch of different patches it might be hard to recreate just from single patches anyway.
I could however share a Reaper project featuring them if anyone's interested.

Awesome! How everyone comes together to help others here. Great community spirit!
Can't wait to hear how this soundbank comes along :wheee: :clap: :tu:

Return to “Instruments”