So... Tracktion.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Waveform Pro

I'm trying to figure out why nobody talks about it here, the place where every host gets some sunlight (for better or worse) in the regular rotation.

I noticed that it's reached version 6 with some arguable nice new features and nobody seems to really care. No big "Tracktion" threads, no announcement thread that I can see (but granted I didn't search so, i expect there might have actually been one), and we're still mostly arguing about Reason and FL. :)

Is Tracktion the Rodney Dangerfield of KVR? :hihi: On most daws major version releases there are often 5-10+ page threads. I assume I missed that one.

I'm gonna grab the demo and give it another spin.

There are loads of Tracktion threads, in the Tracktion forum, which is here. I guess you don't have it visible because KvR annoyingly hides company forums unless you have deliberately enabled each one, which is dumb because how are you supposed to know they are there if you can't see them?

Oh, yes, I know about the forum. Bitwig has a forum there too but that doesn't stop the chatter or "1.2 is coming" announcements or bumping or videos in the host forum in that massive Bitwig thread. :)

I try to stay out of those official forums so the paid users reporting bugs or making FR's there have a better S/N ratio.

At any rate, was just mostly curious. Thanks a lot amused. :tu:

Tracktion has had it's share of development woes and I've adopted and abandoned it many times over the years. But I have to say there is really some interesting stuff going on these days – so I'm trying to keep an open mind about performance and workflow issues. It's working pretty well on my Mac so I'm testing the new stuff out and getting used to the workflow again. If the performance issues get sorted it has a number of new features that appeal to me without being a big DAW... I'm more interested in midi though not so much the audio capabilities... although there are some really cool new audio things in there too!

:phones:

Yeah, some of that stuff seems rather clever.

I always hear people asking for "tape stop" fx and frankly I've never had a pressing need for it, but the way they added it to clip fades seems pretty original. That's my main interest in a lot of these products really, just watching how some of these guys approach some of these things in different ways. It can be fascinating at times.

Seeing that, my first thought was ... "Doh, that makes perfect sense". :) I'd bet not a single Tracktion user actually ever directly asked for it that particular way in an FR.

Some of these developers are pretty clever.

LawrenceF wrote: I always hear people asking for "tape stop" fx and frankly I've never had a pressing need for it, but the way they added it to clip fades seems pretty original.
Actually not at all, that's Logic thing :tu:

Oh, cool. Logic does it the same way?

If so, good rip? :)

LawrenceF wrote:Oh, cool. Logic does it the same way?

If so, good rip? :)
For sure :tu:

Edit:

Okay, that's v6 feature, so yeah, pretty much Logic's old feature :tu:
Last edited by Passing Bye on Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seems to be new in v6 the way it's shown on the web page in the "New In Tracktion 6" section there.

Cool. I never saw that in Logic, didn't know they did it the same way. I suppose the real credit goes to... "Random Anonymous Apple Developer"? :hihi:

Unless it was already there before Apple bought it.

I think that came after they bought it (maybe 7?), but take that with grain of salt, I used only Logic 9 for short period of time :wink:

Imagine the following being spoken in the Seinfeld voice...

"Gotta love the rip." :hihi:

Anyway, i grabbed the demo. I'll muck around with it some tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up on "le' rip". ;)

Tracktion is nice to use , i still find myself more drawn to it then any other music software . T6 is out but has some bugs its new release though so im not pissed .

Thanks for the Tracktion heads up, I was checking out Linux version other day because it's free beta and was between "Should I just install it here or get another distro...." and than forgot about it, now gonna actually give a shot to v6 on Windows, so yeah :phones:

Passing Bye wrote:Thanks for the Tracktion heads up, I was checking out Linux version other day because it's free beta and was between "Should I just install it here or get another distro...." and than forgot about it, now gonna actually give a shot to v6 on Windows, so yeah :phones:
I tried Linux for music , I liked AV Linux but never had much luck with UbuntuStudio , always ended up with xruns , I followed a bunch of guides to get it right but no dice , I still use Ubuntu for websurfing and everything other than music making though .

Okay, I'm out, all this white noise is really getting on my nerves, way more obnoxious and frequent than Spire, can't stand it :cry:
fedexnman wrote:
Passing Bye wrote:Thanks for the Tracktion heads up, I was checking out Linux version other day because it's free beta and was between "Should I just install it here or get another distro...." and than forgot about it, now gonna actually give a shot to v6 on Windows, so yeah :phones:
I tried Linux for music , I liked AV Linux but never had much luck with UbuntuStudio , always ended up with xruns , I followed a bunch of guides to get it right but no dice , I still use Ubuntu for websurfing and everything other than music making though .
Kinda similar story here, use it for web only, Linux Mint, but it's just not doing ti for me production vise even with Wine&stuff, from time to time I'm seriously trying to embrace it and think positive, but it's just not there :scared:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”