2CAudio Kaleidoscope | It's A Trip | Latest Update 1.1

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Kaleidoscope Kaleidoscope

deastman wrote:Simon, I'm envious of your Hang drum and myriad other toys! Sounds great.
I rented the Hang last November for a week and recorded about 5 hours of material with it (it's hard to get hold of as the swiss company doesn't build it anymore), I have been editing these recordings since a few weeks for various projects, such a lovely instrument this is.

That one is terrific Simon. Really like it :tu:

lnikj wrote:That one is terrific Simon. Really like it :tu:
Thanks, Nik :party:

----

Feature request:
Similar to the feature in most samplers/sample players - "find/locate missing samples" - I would like to see a feature where we could relocate assets for a preset. I am trying to re-organize/prepare my subscription library and re-assigning hundreds of images, waveforms and tuning files manually at this stage seems overwhelming/impossible.

If, like me, you have been working with Filter Forge and/or Artmatic (or Photoshop or whatever) and have been trying to figure out what everything does and how it combines then sometimes it is useful to have a controlled test image to work with.

I've been refining one as I have been going along and thought I would share it in case it is any help to anybody else.

There is a key to the various elements below.

Upper Left Quadrant

100%, 75%, 50%, 25% Red, Yellow & Green
Black, 50% Grey, White, 100% Blue

Upper Right Quadrant

Red-Green Gradient
Yellow-Black Gradient
Full Spectrum
Black-White Gradient

Lowwer Left Quadrant

50% Yellow, Red and Green intersecting circles (with 10% bevel)
75% & 100% Red, Yelllow & Green stripes (all colours are adjacent at least once)
100% Red-Green (horizontal) and Yellow-Black (vertical) gradients; vivid light blend mode
100% gradient extracted from a full spectrum gradient by using red and green channels only

Lower Right Quadrant

Marcel Kittel in Yellow on Stage 2 Tour de France 2014

EDIT: If you downloaded this before 15:00 GMT, download it again as I noticed a small error, fixed now.

Hi Andrew,

No pressure, just wondering if I should wait a little while for the 1.0.2 reboot to emerge, or if I should return to 1.0.1 for the time being. As in, just planning my evening. Thanks!

Kaleidoscope (only using the internal noise generator to excite the resonators) meets crusherX, some Aether reverb and Valhalla Shimmer added on 2 busses, the involved images in Kaleidoscope were made with ArtMatic, the tuning file in KS uses a harmonic series with only the first 12 odd harmonics. Can't wait for live gigs with a KS orchestra using big retina monitors hooked up to 10x10 meter video cubes and 7.2 surround sound...shiver....

Absolute Space Music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tT-zZWZAUc

lnikj wrote
and have been trying to figure out what everything does and how it combines then sometimes it is useful to have a controlled test image to work with.
Thank you for this image. I can't believe I didn't think of this. When I did graphics or video software development (in a previous life) this is exactly the kind of file I used to try to figure out what was happening. I even like how you embedded all of these different conditions in a single file. We just need to grab a part of it and see what happens. Perfect!
2020 iMac 27" 10 Core, OS 12.6.6, iConnectAudio2+, iConnectMidi4+, Novation SL MKIII, Push 2, Ableton Live, VCV Rack Pro 2, Bitwig Studio

krankyone wrote:lnikj wrote
and have been trying to figure out what everything does and how it combines then sometimes it is useful to have a controlled test image to work with.
Thank you for this image. I can't believe I didn't think of this. When I did graphics or video software development (in a previous life) this is exactly the kind of file I used to try to figure out what was happening. I even like how you embedded all of these different conditions in a single file. We just need to grab a part of it and see what happens. Perfect!
Just to be clear, I wasn't intending anybody to load this into KS, just into FF or Artmatic. It's 1024*1024 so intended to be used whole, rather than in part.

lnikj wrote:
Just to be clear, I wasn't intending anybody to load this into KS, just into FF or Artmatic. It's 1024*1024 so intended to be used whole, rather than in part.
Too late, I expect to see a flood of ambient compositions around that Tour de France guy coming soon :party:

Hey, I'm just proud that I learned how to create layers, stack them, and control the opaqueness (yesterday). I'm not a PS whiz quite yet. I did manage to create some cool images of a ferris wheel in red overlaying a texture in green. FF led me to several permutations. :oops:
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

Sampleconstruct wrote:
lnikj wrote:
Too late, I expect to see a flood of ambient compositions around that Tour de France guy coming soon :party:
I think there were some German guys who already covered that theme...
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

rustman wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
lnikj wrote:
I think there were some German guys who already covered that theme...
But they did not have KS.

Only Andrew knows who has been buying KS :)

Alrighty, here's some kind of fragment, maybe the unfinished conclusion to my unwritten symphony in high romantic style. 4 KS instances with some other junk, but most of what you could easily assume is "other junk" is really just KS. :-) Enjoy...

https://soundcloud.com/jeremybernstein/farm-gent

jeremydb wrote:Hi Andrew,

No pressure, just wondering if I should wait a little while for the 1.0.2 reboot to emerge, or if I should return to 1.0.1 for the time being. As in, just planning my evening. Thanks!

still exploring a few things...

will let you know ASAP... use 1.0.1 until further notice...

Return to “Effects”