One Synth Challenge #73 special: Synthmaster (Jasinski wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

z.prime wrote:
doctorbob wrote:Can I assume that those presets in Full Player are those which show up with an EASY PARAMETER of Wave1Index or Wave2Index??? ... and those which don't are OK?
No, wave index is for the wave scanning, which can use the single-cycle waveforms.
Thanks Z, I worked it out ... so changed my post ... still confused though how to tell which forbidden!

dB

doctorbob wrote:
z.prime wrote:
doctorbob wrote:Can I assume that those presets in Full Player are those which show up with an EASY PARAMETER of Wave1Index or Wave2Index??? ... and those which don't are OK?
No, wave index is for the wave scanning, which can use the single-cycle waveforms.
Thanks Z, I worked it out ... so changed my post ... still confused though how to tell which forbidden!

dB
You will know when the men in black coats come and drag you away in the middle of the night!
Don't you dare using the Forbidden Sounds! :evil:

ontrackp wrote:Mojo -- my apologies. My use of the word "dude" was meant to be light hearted and not to mis-characterize your gender!
Ah don`t worry about that. I start to get used to it. Happens twice a day in the meantime :lol:
ontrackp wrote: Thank you for the explanation of "Om".

I agree that sound programming is a big part of this -- and in every OSC I've entered I have used almost exclusively sounds that I've programmed. I also include sound programming as a criteria in my personal scoring system.
Anyhow this is calming to hear.
ontrackp wrote: However, this month is going to be an exception to that due to the nature of the SM Player. That's all -- it's not that big a deal, I just thought it was getting a little complicated. It happens that there are still posts coming in with questions about which patches are allowed from which banks, and if everything were allowed, there would be no confusion at all.
Okay. Got it. Exception was the magic word I needed. I can live with exceptions, no problem, I`m flexible if necessary. If it is for all okay then it is also for me okay.

Peace and love :)
Simplicity without a name, is free from all external aim. With no desire, at rest and still,
all things go right as of their will.
Daodejing verse 37

RichardSemper wrote: Also - from my earlier post- It seems we cannot use additional patches created by other oscers as cannot load .smpr patches, unless someone with full version can export bank (.smpb files) - as it looks like these would load. Is this possible?
I have got both. Synthmaster full version and Synthmaster Player, because I bought the Player before I bought the full version and I tried all here now without success.

I even have put a VST3 preset into the VST3 folder of the Synthmaster Player, but it will be completely ignored by the Player.

I also saved the preset as smpr. and tried to load this, also with no success.

I tried to make a bank, but this doesn`t work at all, because it is simply completely puzzling how to create a bank at all with Synthmaster. It seems to be only possible to save either smpr. or vst.

I already had my trouble with all that stuff and asked for help a couple of weeks ago at the KV331 forum, without result. I also can`t use the browser at Synthmaster for uploading presets to the internet (online library), because I always get the report that metadata is missing although I have written all metadata and saved it all approximately a hundred times. Maybe something with my version is wrong. Someone else better tries again.

Sorry. I have tried :shrug:
Good luck. For the case that I can find out any helpful, I will let you know.
Simplicity without a name, is free from all external aim. With no desire, at rest and still,
all things go right as of their will.
Daodejing verse 37

Mojo42 wrote: I tried to make a bank, but this doesn`t work at all, because it is simply completely puzzling how to create a bank at all with Synthmaster. It seems to be only possible to save either smpr. or vst.
Thanks for trying :hug: Thats true OSC spirit :tu:

RichardSemper wrote:It seems we cannot use additional patches created by other oscers as cannot load .smpr patches, unless someone with full version can export bank (.smpb files) - as it looks like these would load. Is this possible?
I'll see if I can figure it out; will be a couple hours... stand by. If it works, I'll be happy to make a basic drum kit or two.

Hmmm ...lots of interesting discussion going on here.

I own Synthmaster (have done for ages) and was of course pretty pumped to see the details for this month's competition :hyper: After reading some of the comments here I decided to see if I could load the Full Synthmaster Player alongside the normal "Factory" installation, which as it turns out is pretty straight-forward as it installs automatically into it's own folder anyway.

So now I'm thinking that I will take the Synthmaster Player Full option for this month. It seems a little weird as I have the full synth sitting right there in my VSTs list but the Full player has a ton of great sounds and some reasonable parameters with which to tweak them too.

Percussion will be interesting but I'm up for it. See you all at the end of the month :phones:

spidergod wrote:Has anyone used a ps3/xbox controller to control midi cc?
I have a ps3 controller and the joysticks would make great controls for the x-y pads.
As you can gather going to something a bit unusual this time.
I've mapped my logitech dual action to the x-y pads before. it's basically a ps2 controller.
~ good luck ~
~ re~member to do good in a spirit of love, unity, compassion, and kindness ~

After fighting with squeezing the sounds I wanted out of Hive in January I'm not too excited to deal with the "player" version of Synthmaster, but I'm *really* tempted to buy the full version.

If you use the demo for 15 minutes (which I've done four times now) it gives you a 25% discount and brings the "Factory" version down to $74... I've almost talked myself into it.

So it looks like creating your own bank in SM is not the same thing as the banks you download from KV331 Audio. I don't see anyway to compile original presets into a .smpb file. When you assign a preset to a new bank name it only registers it in the Synthmaster.xml file not a seperate .smpb

That's kind of lame for people who might want to make a bank to share or sell on their own.

mmoncur wrote:After fighting with squeezing the sounds I wanted out of Hive in January I'm not too excited to deal with the "player" version of Synthmaster, but I'm *really* tempted to buy the full version.

If you use the demo for 15 minutes (which I've done four times now) it gives you a 25% discount and brings the "Factory" version down to $74... I've almost talked myself into it.
It's a worthwhile synth, I recommend it.
~ good luck ~
~ re~member to do good in a spirit of love, unity, compassion, and kindness ~

Something else that may make it especially worthwhile: it is also being released in an IOS version...soon...planned for this month anyway.

The developer writes:

...existing users will NOT purchase the expansions they already own. They will ONLY have to purchase the Pro version of the iOS Player and enter their name & SynthMaster serial number in the iOS Player app to be able to use their own expansions and presets (they created in SynthMaster).

The free version of the iOS Player will come with 100 presets, and the Pro version will come with 800 presets (just as in the desktop version of the Player)...

Also, any purchases made through the AppStore will receive 40% credit from us, which can be used towards purchasing SynthMaster Player, SynthMaster, or more SynthMaster expansions from our online store! We're trying to make it a win win for everyone!
Bulent Biyikoglu

:)
바보

Can someone upload some percussion and kick presets that are safe to use. I'll just stream them using the 15 minute full version demo. I'll try to tweak them to sound different but 15 minutes only gets you so far. Hopefully enough though. Would greatly appreciate it as I'm sure others would. I suggest the same strategy with others if they want to get some drums etc inside there tracks. But keep in mind you have to stream the samples for the entire track. You cannot create single hit samples and loop them or 1,2,4 bar etc and reuse those same ones. Further processing on them once streamed is also a no go. Oh and bit of advice on drums and perc, try using melda compressor and drawing your own shape for the curve, it can work wonders, especially with transients, way better than flux bittersweet imo. Just experiment with it to see what I mean.Cheers

P.S. Jasinski, I'll be keeping a lookout for you :hihi: were you by any chance planning to release some more of your famous patches. :hyper: Cheers
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Tjgoa wrote:Can someone upload some percussion and kick presets that are safe to use. I'll just stream them using the 15 minute full version demo. I'll try to tweak them to sound different but 15 minutes only gets you so far. Hopefully enough though. Would greatly appreciate it as I'm sure others would. I suggest the same strategy with others if they want to get some drums etc inside there tracks. But keep in mind you have to stream the samples for the entire track. You cannot create single hit samples and loop them or 1,2,4 bar etc and reuse those same ones.
Interesting strategy TJ ....could be a Goa :tu: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Thanks H-man :hihi: It is actually a necessity that others share there drum patches in this case, well atleast for me because it often takes more than 15 minutes to program a patch and the demo full version doesn't give you anything really usable. So It must created from scratch. I'll try my hand at it and share some, atleast to get the ball rolling. Those people who have all the soundbanks, I really hope you can sift through the drum presets and share the ones that can be used if you don't want to build from scratch. Wait, is that actually legal from 3rd party banks, oh dear..

Oh, yeah and H-man, will be on the lookout from you as well, I remember Hive drums you shared were AMAZING :D Cheers, oh and I'm pretty sure this one will be a Goa track too but its a little too early to tell :hihi:
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Return to “Instruments”