Camel Audio ceasing sales? [Update: CA acquired by Apple]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

Kalamata Kid wrote:Apple is thinking look at 330 posts for the post mortem Alchemy. Most are PC people that love Alchemy so much that they will convert to the MAC fanclub.
Perhaps start a poll to see who will sell their PC and get a Mac.
i actual would get earlier ghay instead buying a mac. the frist one is just cheaper. :dog:

i will find an alternative :) and still have my working Alchemy, which works even on windows 10. :party:

Have a friend who works in a trendy clothing store in Cuppertino. Sent me this pic of a new client flush with cash. Probably just an eerie coincidence.

No one can say anything, other than the weather is nicer in SoCal than Scotland this time of year. Oh and that PC-based Alchemy users are so totally f***** deep up the future. How cool is that? Has Ben coded a new ringtone for your dog's iPhone 6, Tim? Sorry, that's OT.

I'll climb right back on the proper consumer toy wagon.

Let's get caught up in the joyous speculation of a new Apple acquisition!!! Sure it rhymes with inquisition, but this is such a feel-good story. Small Scottish company makes good with innovative plugins, does great community work, supports their users for years. And then dumps them like yesterday's copy of the Mercury News. Why bother brooding over the loss of independent DSP genius? So many great things are going to happen now!

Totally excited about Applechemy 2 for my iPad!!! Now with little shiny samples and twiddles that syncs with my iPhone. And automatically lists my worthless doodles on iTunes for only $9.99/mo. The future is bright indeed without Camel!

Thanks, Apple! Saving your smartphone empire, one DSP developer at-a-time. That's just so awesome!

Big cheer for Apple and their airtight legal weasels! The richest (smartphone) corporation in the world buying whatever, whoever they like, probably out of petty cash! How cool is that?

So thank you again, Apple, from the bottom of my empty wallet, for your brilliant marketing, stolen tech smarts and uber arrogance! It's the world Stevie dreamed about in 1984! The hippness for the rest of us!
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

Kriminal wrote:
filtafreq wrote:bold
ballshitting

bald
bullshitting

i suppose one could shit balls...
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

mandolarian wrote:Have a friend who works in a trendy clothing store in Cuppertino. Sent me this pic of a new client flush with cash. Probably just an eerie coincidence.

No one can say anything, other than the weather is nicer in SoCal than Scotland this time of year. Oh and that PC-based Alchemy users are so totally f***** deep up the future. How cool is that? Has Ben coded a new ringtone for your dog's iPhone 6, Tim? Sorry, that's OT.

I'll climb right back on the proper consumer toy wagon.

Let's get caught up in the joyous speculation of a new Apple acquisition!!! Sure it rhymes with inquisition, but this is such a feel-good story. Small Scottish company makes good with innovative plugins, does great community work, supports their users for years. And then dumps them like yesterday's copy of the Mercury News. Why bother brooding over the loss of independent DSP genius? So many great things are going to happen now!

Totally excited about Applechemy 2 for my iPad!!! Now with little shiny samples and twiddles that syncs with my iPhone. And automatically lists my worthless doodles on iTunes for only $9.99/mo. The future is bright indeed without Camel!

Thanks, Apple! Saving your smartphone empire, one DSP developer at-a-time. That's just so awesome!

Big cheer for Apple and their airtight legal weasels! The richest (smartphone) corporation in the world buying whatever, whoever they like, probably out of petty cash! How cool is that?

So thank you again, Apple, from the bottom of my empty wallet, for your brilliant marketing, stolen tech smarts and uber arrogance! It's the world Stevie dreamed about in 1984! The hippness for the rest of us!
I really enjoyed reading this. Sarcasm at its best.

Apple could buy any plugin company they want. Maybe YOUR favorite dev is next. :)

Arglebargle wrote:Apple could buy any plugin company they want. Maybe YOUR favorite dev is next. :)

mhog wrote:
Arglebargle wrote:Apple could buy any plugin company they want. Maybe YOUR favorite dev is next. :)
I'd just like to say that she has every right to take a bite of that. She doesn't owe any 'prince' a damn thing.

Ameyah Audio wrote:
filtafreq wrote:SHAFTED !!!

Well Ben you FAKE zen practising short arsed bold twat , cheers for taking my money for all these years and even up to Christmas giving us Pc users false hope of A2 . Just goes to show you have been ballshitting your Zen approach and company ethics .

BEN YOUR NOTHING BUT AN UNDERHANDED FAKE !
lol :) everybody has a price.
This may be helpful :)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ator&hl=en

Maybe now that it is confirmed that Apple is really buying them that this guy was really right https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xLzEj7n5Tg

:lol:
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

Nowt wrong with Nasty Dirty Sex as a Christian...if it's in matrimonial relationship, bring forth the filth!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... KB8#t=1810

So how do you reckon Ben Gillett feels at this very moment?

Rich? Empty? Windows less? Kicked out of the Camel army?

http://www.camelaudio.com/camelarmy/

"When Ben's not writing music he creates software and sounds for musicians all over the world through his company Camel Audio."

Yeah, right!? :?

Numanoid wrote:...Kicked out of the Camel army?
A daunting one !!!!!!!!!

:P

Voice303 wrote:Maybe now that it is confirmed that Apple is really buying them that this guy was really right ...
Oh my... that's hilarious/scary... :lol: :scared:

Voice303 wrote:Maybe now that it is confirmed that Apple is really buying them that this guy was really right
:lol:
:hihi: :lol:

Return to “Instruments”