Tim Petherick Nebula releases

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

On the Nebula forums you awarded the first two posters with a gift. Here, I thought you might offer something similar and I decided to jump in and claim “my award” even before it is announced… sorry for being so obtuse and cheeky.
www.montrealserai.com
Montreal Serai-featuring diverse arts; poems; essays, cinema & music reviews, coverage of alternative media

Haha I get it, Been a busy day! :dog:

Hope your enjoying your eq!

Another incredible EQ library for the Nebula platform from the brilliant Tim Petherick. Everything he has done for Nebula has been out of this world, and this EQ is another. This is a meticulous sampling of a restored vintage EQ originally designed by Neve and rebuilt by Raw State in the UK. These EQ's were produced by an English company that shares a name with a popular Microphone, but it is not the same company (A***x, as a hint). They are punchy and slightly colorful, and very even across all bands. For my tastes, it's real forte is the low end, which is really solid, tight, and can be massive. What I have noticed most, though, is that when I use this EQ judiciously throughout a project, it's like things "glue" so much easier (I hate that cliche, but sometimes cliches become cliches for a reason...). I even thought that maybe I was imagining it, so I tried replacing some with other eq's (variety is a GOOD thing, right?), and I swear the mix fell apart just a little.
It is being sold for a tiny little £13.00 right now, so go get it! Thanks Tim for ANOTHER stunning EQ!
Music folds and unfolds the universe.
http://soundyaudio.com/

http://www.timpetherick.co.uk/downloads ... sive-eq-2/

Limited Offer!! Get Focus Comp Pro free when you buy Dual Tech Tube Passive EQ – offer ends 1st March 2015.

Many hours were spent capturing this industry classic EQ. Great attention to detail was spent getting the best sonic, as well as capturing the famously aggressive band interaction found in this unit’s Low Shelf (boost/attenuate).A choice of Two Unit’s were sampled. These are named No.1 and No.2.
It took a huge amount of samples were needed to achieve this; I researched and experimented for a month before finalizing for release and the results are clearly audible.

The Low Shelf is very broad and on higher Hz settings reach well into the high mids, this means you can boost generously with minimal damage, giving a big warm sound rather than a tightening effect.
With clever use of the Attenuate, tightening of the Low Shelf is possible.
There are so many combinations of curve available here and thanks to the simple custom skin the library is a joy to work with, visually and audibly.
All three controls in the High Boost were captured – Boost, KCS (Hz) and Bandwidth.

Presets Include:

Comes in 4 sample rates 96, 88.2, 48, 44.1khz

EQ
Low Shelf with boost frequency selection and attenuate
High Bell with bandwidth, boost and frequency selection
High shelf Attenuate with Attenuate and frequency selection
Line / Preamp
A unique fast program rate preamp

You can get a high band stereo bell or high shelf attenuate by selecting Stereo in the Kern Page. This is not supported on the low shelf.

This is a particularly awesome library, everyone. If you are already are into Nebula, this is a "no-brainer" as far as I am concerned. If you are not into Nebula yet, this library alone (as well as the Focus Comp...heh heh), than this is a good enough reason to get started.
Music folds and unfolds the universe.
http://soundyaudio.com/

Tim,

Just picked up your latest library. I can't find that beautiful custom skin anywhere though and would like to use that one. I looked in the Acustica forum and couldn't find it and the link on your site is just to the guys profile.

Edit: It looks like it was indeed included but included in the programs folder. Was a little confused but indeed saw the n2s file.

Come on guys... if you are on the fence you best get this. I can't believe my ears. This the most musical high end I have heard from any eq so far yet. When I want transparent, I really love the cdsoundmaster nice eq but the color on this thing is absolutely gorgeous....

It's the morning of March 1st, I just saw the free Focus Comp offer. Is this still happening today? I was gonna buy the U76 Limiter and N 2065 Stereo Filters soon anyway. Might get Complex too.

Thanks for all your comments guys!!!

Im going to extend the focus comp pro offer for another 5 days as its pretty cool.

I've added a demo restricted to only Clean and 16khz Frequency (you'll see a extra slider not usable)

Demo
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5r6vvroksnt90 ... o.zip?dl=0

P.s I'll move that skin into a another folder, sorry for the confusion. Don't forget to check the focus comp! It's better than you'd first imagine

jdunn wrote:It's the morning of March 1st, I just saw the free Focus Comp offer. Is this still happening today? I was gonna buy the U76 Limiter and N 2065 Stereo Filters soon anyway. Might get Complex too.

You may want to wait on the filters, I have a update coming for them! :wink: My two best compressor releases are probably U76(aggressive) and Focus Comp (smoothest) but Complex has a nice long attack if needed!

Timp_Nebula wrote:
jdunn wrote:It's the morning of March 1st, I just saw the free Focus Comp offer. Is this still happening today? I was gonna buy the U76 Limiter and N 2065 Stereo Filters soon anyway. Might get Complex too.

You may want to wait on the filters, I have a update coming for them! :wink: My two best compressor releases are probably U76(aggressive) and Focus Comp (smoothest) but Complex has a nice long attack if needed!
Thanks for the heads up Tim! I'm looking forward to those filters. How about the Sum 100a, is it getting an update in the near future? I only ask because it says V1.

yes it will, as you may know it's slow making updates, things get in the way sometimes

Cadpan

http://www.timpetherick.co.uk/downloads/cadpan/

Detailed dedicated Panner and Volume. Plus Extra Bonus experimental auto-Panner presets with speed, Pan(offset) , dry and, Volume.

If used on every track it will add a subtle amount smooth character to the end of you processing chain. This pack captures the inevitable Cross talk of the analog device as well as harmonics and distinct log and -3.0 pan law.

About the hardware

CadPan Is based on a 80’s British Console. These Consoles are known for premium quality.

Normally it wouldn’t be possible deconvolve a panner with harmonics but in this case I’ve edited out garbage harmonics that wouldn’t be audible.

Special Auto Presets

The auto presets come with 3 different shapes, Sine, Triangle and Square. You can adjust the speed up to between 1hz to 24Hz. Also change the offset and change depth with a dry control.

Dedicated skin by JPN

Just purchased the Focus, Complex and U76 Compressors...thanks Tim. So i can now have 504968459068 Compressors.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

Hey guys!

I just finished mixing this new song that I wrote and played most of the instruments. I used a lot of Tim Petherick new awesome Dual Tech (Pultec) for Nebula Pro. this is where that creamy bass is coming from also used a lot of his new awesome Focus Comp. awesome in parallel. also U76 for sure. and lot of Gyrator and CadPan.

His awesome Nebula products speak and sing for them self

https://soundcloud.com/plajia/p-l-a-j-i ... -t-h-i-n-k

Hope you like it
enjoy :)

Patrick
Musician/Composer/Mixer based in Montreal, Canada. Acustica Audio Nebula / Acustica Audio Tulip, Rust, Sienna. Latest mix https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mTQmE7S-ZM

Return to “Effects”