Great Native Instruments Interview

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Numanoid wrote:
kmonkey wrote:i see NI is going to stay in music arena for quite some time
What else would they do, start to sell refrigerators or hairdryers? :shrug:
Too bad there isn't default facepalm icon for such nonsense comments. Actually there is but it's not strong enough.. :dog:

FYI i did not said they should sell refrigerators o hairdryers or anything similar, i did not said that they should do anything other nor did i questioned what they are doing and need to do. I actually said that my opinion by watching video is that they are going to be in music arena for quite some time - and that i like it - but you intentionally deleted that part

So you can argue and make up supposedly funny analogies which are actually just ...ummm..not so funny. Oh well... Another one goes bad at least for me. For the few moments i was actually in belief that this thread is going to be full of comments on actual video but that obviously isn't case... How on earth you have so much time to skip between threads posting such things..No worries, i see nice filtering option in my settings...

kmonkey wrote: So you can argue and make up supposedly funny analogies which are actually just ...ummm..not so funny. Oh well... Another one goes bad at least for me.
Come on... it was at least a *little* bit funny... I wouldnt give up entirely on this thread yet. There is a little bit more going on than *just* sarcastic pot-shots, but the video doesn't really give us a lot to chew on... I'm still interested in what the 'big things on the horizon' talk might mean. But again, this is how all CEOs always talk so its hard to know how seriously to take it.

I loves me my Reaper, and have never got along well with Maschine - but it would still be neat to think what an NI DAW would look like... or who knows what else they might come up with if they have something truly ambitious up their sleeve?

'we did last year 83 million in revenue'.
Holy f##k!!!!! :o
Last edited by synthmagic on Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Synth Magic synths for Konatkt - ARP Quadra, Polymoog and many more. www.synthmagic.co.uk

Isn't it the biggest German audio plugin company since Steinberg went to Japan? :P

NI is a very good company and their instruments are top. they are the main ones in my setup.

I just wish they release "new" instruments, independent from Reaktor and Kontakt.

In the presentation, he didn't talk much about Machine! Maybe it is related to the next big thing by NI? Anyway, it is a great idea to have a new DAW based on Machine.

jlanthier wrote:
ChamomileShark wrote: I suppose it is whatever they think is missing from their music ecosystem, some kind of DAW perhaps?
If there *is* something big on the horizon for 2015 and this wasn't just more typical CEO speak which most of the presentation seemed to consist of, I think a proper DAW would be a really good guess.

I wonder if NI would really take this on in a big way?? What would it *mean* or look like to have a DAW that could have potentially deeper integration with NI vsts?? So many polished DAWS out there already, and most of us have such deep attachment issues with our DAWS... wouldn't make much sense to even try unless they could bring something really different to the table.
I doubt it was typical CEO-speak; Native Instruments has too long of a track record of delivering high-quality products for it to just be hype.

If you're looking for typical CEO-speak, check out the blog from the Propellerheads' CEO talking about their latest app, Discover. You've never heard less said with more words, without actually saying much of anything at all.

https://www.propellerheads.se/blog/prop ... c-together

I love how he reminded me to have fun.

and that pic! :lol:

Anyway, of course there's a DAW coming from NI; there's almost nothing else for them to do, and Maschine is moving like a train through the night in that direction. There's a Q&A from (Amsterdam?) last year where they almost spill the beans, but stop just short.

But, to their credit, it seems as if they're approaching the concept of a DAW in a completely unique way. They did say they're not looking to make a Logic clone.

Exciting.

I'm guessing there will be some hardware to go along with it; multiple audio ins/outs, MIDI ins/outs, etc.
"The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." - Carl Jung

I'm kinda hoping it's not a DAW. Great though NI are, I don't really want them bigger in that way - becoming integrated with their own products but marginalising others I'm not sure is healthy for the industry as a whole. Besides, I switched to Cubase about 4 years ago, it would take A LOT to make me consider switching again. I can envisage the kind of DAW that might lure me, but it's highly doubtful that NI would make the sort of sequencer I'd be looking for.

Actually I'd like to see more and better hardware. Kontrol was a disappointment if we're all honest. It would be great to see a really tactile non-keyboard interface based round a touchscreen with plenty of real knobs, switches and faders instead.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

synthmagic wrote:'we did last year 83 million in revenue'.
Holy f##k!!!!! :o
The more important number was the 20+% profit ... although there are a zillions ways to come up with your profit number, such as moving debt into another reporting period, anything over 15% is pretty good.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

i foresee even more expansion packs for Maschine
my newest sounds:
https://soundcloud.com/the-das-kaput

Cakewalk by BandLab, Komplete 13, Maschine 2 (MKI & Jam), Fathom Synth, Guitars, Jam Origin MIDI Guitar, EXH Superego+ etc

Return to “Instruments”