One Synth Challenge #72: Eclipsis by VSTZONE (Richard Semper Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Eclipsis

Uploaded mine, it's called :

"I Can See You".

Made In FLStudio.

I used : 13 x Eclipsis.

Track FX :
2 x Transient
1 x TDR Kotelnikov
2 x Fruity Parametric EQ 2
2 x Fruity Limiter (Sidechain)
1 x Pancake (Toms)
1 x Ambience (Send).

Automation : No.

Master FX :
1 x Fruity Parametric EQ 2
1 x TDR VOS SlickEQ
1 x GGain
1 x JB Smash Pro
1 x Limiter No6.

Official DR value: DR6

Enjoy.

https://soundcloud.com/petervos/yeager-i-can-see-you

@Yeager: Enjoyed :D That`s really great and it sounds sooooooooooooo well, aaaaaaaargh. Good luck, but I guess you don`t need it, I mean luck :wink:
Simplicity without a name, is free from all external aim. With no desire, at rest and still,
all things go right as of their will.
Daodejing verse 37

@Spidergod: Thank you for your kind words. I`m also glad that I joined and that I could make good experiances here :) Yep, I definitely could need more links, but more to video tutorials!!! Video tutorials are also okay in english, because I see what they are doing there and that is same time a great opportunity for to learn the english terms of all that stuff so that communication here can work better for me. So: If you have got links to video mastering tutorials, then I would be more than glad. The theme is almost equal because I still have to learn this all. Thanks for your support and also for your comments on SC :)

@wagtunes: Thank you very much for trying to calm my nerves by telling me your story and most of all thanks for your kind offer to pm you in the case of questions. I will surely have got questions and it is good to know whom I may "bother" :lol: I hope you don`t will regret your offer soon :lol:

Concerning fun: Sure 8) Don`t take my emotional outbursts here too much serious. I`m an emotional kind of type and mostly it looks worse than it actually is. In truth I`m a borg :borg: No I`m just kidding :wink: This contest was hard pressure for me. I`m used to sit alone here in front of my pc and have got all the time in the world for to make whatever I wish. If it sounds not well, I just can skip it and try something else. That`s relaxation pure. No one expect me to finish something until a certain deadline, no one expects it to sound well, just me and my pc. You know?

For me an OSC with an amount of time of 2 or 3 months would be cool :D

@doctorbob: Thanks for the hint. I know. Sfiks told me last night already and I did what he said, but my entry still not appears at the Contest Account on Soundcloud. I have written a pm to bjporter in this issue. I hope it worked to post my entry there. Thanks for your comments by the way :)
mehum wrote:
Mojo42 wrote: I will look for your songs as soon as I`m less busy with my own song problems. Have you got a link?
I think most of the stuff we released is on http://platonistmusic.com/reunion/p_psyjuntan.html
It sounds pretty dated though ;) Don't judge too hard... At times we almost had an "open studio" type of arrangement so there are probably ten or fifteen collaborators at total. I think we once had 9 people on stage at a gig.
Thanks for the link. I listen it right now and I have listen almost all now and just can say: Very, very cool music :D Really. I enjoy it a lot but: That`s not exactly Psychill. What Psyjuntan made is called Trip Hop (I`m also a great fan of Trip Hop genre) and right now I listen a song by Psyjuntan which is pure Rock Music. Maybe in earlier days Trip Hop also was called Psychill, I don`t know. It became hard nowadays to get all this 1000`s of different genres in music.

But what I mean is this here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4Uc07y ... u-_zygW9OR
mehum wrote:
Mojo42 wrote: I mean that it is possible nowadays to produce music with a midi key editor where you almost can`t hear any differences to something which is played live. You just have to put the midi notes a little bit irregular.
Ah, I get it now... Some MIDI-tools has "humanizer"-options as well so that you don't even have to program the irregularities yourself :)
I have to check out if mine can do, thanks for the hint :)
mehum wrote: Exactly what I was getting at :)
:)

Cheers
Yvonne
Simplicity without a name, is free from all external aim. With no desire, at rest and still,
Daodejing verse 37

Here's my submission. Had lot's of fun with this synth...

Oxebe - 509 lightyears from the Sun

https://soundcloud.com/oxebe/509-lighty ... om-the-sun

Daw - Live
Instrument: Eclipsis (x9)

DAW FX: EQ, reverb, filter delay, autopan, Utility(gain), compressor, multiband dynamics (multiband compressor), limiter.
Free FX: ADT (mono2stereo), LoudMax limiter.

And lot's of automation on preset's parameters. Actually I tried to build the track focus point on this.
Enjoy and good luck!
: : vokje : : oxebe : :

Mojo42 wrote: Thanks for the link. I listen it right now and I have listen almost all now and just can say: Very, very cool music :D Really. I enjoy it a lot but: That`s not exactly Psychill. What Psyjuntan made is called Trip Hop (I`m also a great fan of Trip Hop genre) and right now I listen a song by Psyjuntan which is pure Rock Music. Maybe in earlier days Trip Hop also was called Psychill, I don`t know. It became hard nowadays to get all this 1000`s of different genres in music.

Yeah, and we were pretty fluid in our genres, but I think you might find some more chill stuff there as well... As I said, a lot of collaborators so the style depended a bit on who was there. I remembered it more like psychill, but it was probably more when we jammed (on the same loop for hours) in the sunrise and not so much in the music we released... I guess we were really more playful than productive ;)

How's your track going along btw? Finishing the last master before contest ends? Don't forget to post it to the Soundcloud group as well!
Last edited by mehum on Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi,
here's my submission. :-)

https://soundcloud.com/carl_saved/carl_saved-a-relief

Made in Ableton Live 9.
I used 20 instances of Eclipsis.
And of the host-native effects:
EQ Eight, Reverb, Compressor, Limiter.
Carl

mehum wrote:
Mojo42 wrote: Thanks for the link. I listen it right now and I have listen almost all now and just can say: Very, very cool music :D Really. I enjoy it a lot but: That`s not exactly Psychill. What Psyjuntan made is called Trip Hop (I`m also a great fan of Trip Hop genre) and right now I listen a song by Psyjuntan which is pure Rock Music. Maybe in earlier days Trip Hop also was called Psychill, I don`t know. It became hard nowadays to get all this 1000`s of different genres in music.

Yeah, and we were pretty fluid in our genres, but I think you might find some more chill stuff there as well... As I said, a lot of collaborators so the style depended a bit on who was there. I remembered it more like psychill, but it was probably more when we jammed (on the same loop for hours)
:lol: I know this well. If it is a good loop........... :wink:

mehum wrote: in the sunrise and not so much in the music we released... I guess we were really more playful than productive ;)
As said, I know this well. I also rather like to experimenting and just playing around than really finishing something seriously. In earlier days when I played in bands the most I enjoyed had been pure sessions. I didn`t like gigs and I also found it hard to work out songs. Most fun was just hanging around together and making just music.
mehum wrote: How's your track going along btw? Finishing the last master before contest ends?
No. I didn`t make the final mastering again. I was afraid to mess it up just a third time :lol: I let it how it is now. Next time it will hopefully sound better.
mehum wrote: Don't forget to post it to the Soundcloud group as well!
I did already, but I`m not sure if it has worked. There is an orange sign below the Avatar of the OSC Account at Soundcloud and there is written "moderated" and so I hope all is fine, but I`m not sure :scared:
Daodejing verse 37

Another strange piece of music ...

Just in case someone needs a warning:

It called "Themes From Mindwalk Part2" - what a surprise ;)
As always SC killed quality right on first note. No time to upload again, use download please.

https://soundcloud.com/mtle-1/themes-fr ... walk-part2

"Themes from Mindwalk" is a series of new tracks based on one of my old Mods from 1996. The original "Mindwalk" track contanis some melodies I want to rearrange to separate songs.
This is Part 2 / 12. All parts will be done in One Synth Challenge 2015

DAWs (so far)
ProTracker (1996 - original Sample based Track)
OpenMPT (2013 - Converting Amiga Mod to Midi),
Reaper (now - complete new Track based on taken melody line(s))

19 instances of Eclipsis by VSTZONE

Used Plugins

DAW:
ReaEQ, ReaComp, midi_transpose, bassmanager, sequencer_megabay, StereoEnhancer, delay_pong, stereowidth

3rd Party:
TAL Dub Delay, TAL BitCrusher, Tal Reverb II, epicVerb, MSED, BootEQmkII, Limiter No6, Amplio 2, TWest Excite

Master:
ReaEQ, ReaXComp, AnSpec, TLs Maximizer, MSED, SPAN, masterlimiter, rbj12eq-teej, np1136peaklimiter, D2

DR9

MTLE wrote:Another strange piece of music ...

Just in case someone needs a warning:

DR9
:lol:

I'm having a killer time with Eclipsis. :scared:

I think it's a problem that started years ago. I tend to get epic with sounds, and a stack of eq / effects on each channel. the CPU is crazy. I have 2 instances for piano and I can't play it.

New rule with high CPU synths: I think I need to start simple... with basic patches, and build a tune, vs. making some 4 layer kick and then realizing i don't have CPU left :roll:

Every month I have a project going, but don't always finish it, so we'll see what happens. Gonna try again now.

bjporter wrote:... Gonna try again now.
Leave it to you to push the envelope for completing an OSC track in record time!

z.prime wrote:
bjporter wrote:... Gonna try again now.
Leave it to you to push the envelope for completing an OSC track in record time!
LOL!

I meant more try again at working on my track. Maybe this year I'll try to do a track on the last day again, but I think the key this is mastery of style / genre.

Yeager wrote: [...] Official DR value: DR6
MTLE wrote: [...] DR9
:?: :?: :?: :?
Ensoniq SQ1, Korg Wavestation A/D

Parduz wrote:
Yeager wrote: [...] Official DR value: DR6
MTLE wrote: [...] DR9
:?: :?: :?: :?
Dynamic range of the track, as measured by the TT Dyanamic Range Meter. It's an idea how badly it's been compressed or how much it's been let to breathe. Part of the Pleasurize Music Foundation's initiative to stop the loudness war. http://www.kvraudio.com/product/tt_dyna ... foundation

... and on that note, as I was the first to suggest Eclipsis, I had to brush off the old Windows box and whip together a track, too. I don't much care for dynamic range, though, as you are mostly all well aware! :)

z.prime - Winning and Losing

Eclipsis
20 instances (only - it was a bit of a CPU hog!)

Bitwig FX:
Note Mod
EQ-2
EQ-5
Transient Control
Delay-2
Distortion
Reverb
Compressor
Note Pitch Shifter (MIDI)
Note Filter
Arpeggiator