FAW Circle 2 is coming soon

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The Circle2 beta did not delete my Circle 1 dll, but it did kill my activation. So, right now, I do not have time to play around with the beta while I try to get my old Circle working again. Uninstalling and reinstalling did not seem to work and it looks like I may have to contact FAW support. :roll:

As far as Circle2... the one thing I will say right off the bat is: very poor choice of font. I'm assuming that it's only a temporary placeholder font, because no designer in their right mind would choose a light variant on a dark background. :dog:

Yup, overwrote Circle 1 and my presets, bad bad beta.....looks worse in my opinion but the new oscillator is pretty cool. All in all its a minor point upgrade realy....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Sequent wrote:As far as Circle2... the one thing I will say right off the bat is: very poor choice of font. I'm assuming that it's only a temporary placeholder font, because no designer in their right mind would choose a light variant on a dark background. :dog:
The font is simply a bug, i contacted FAW support about it. According to them, it has something to do with embedded font rendering on some Windows machines and they'll look into it on monday. Seems they weren't awere of this before, as Hugh seemed pretty shocked about the screenshot i sent him.

Very good communication with the beta team so far, i'm pretty happy how it's coming along. :tu:

He sent me a screenshot how it's supposed to look and it's pretty great.

glad to hear that awful grey font is a bug on windows machines, care to share that screenshot of how it's supposed to look?

I don't know if it's ok with FAW to publicly post screenshots of a product that is (i guess) still in beta. I'll send them an E-Mail first and ask - if they have no problem with it, i'll post the screenshot here.

I reported the font issue on thursday and they send me a new beta on friday with a darker background, which doesnt fix that much the font issue but its way better than the gray they using now.
dedication to flying

Good news re the font. I was going to try it on my 32-bit machine and see if maybe it's better there. But now I probably won't since I don't want to mess with any possible authorization issues there!

The new oscillator is pretty interesting. But I have to say I'm pretty Circled out for tonight!

ezelkow1 wrote:Some people have gotten beta emails. Looks like they finished their small group beta testing and have opened it up to a larger group

Question for others who have tried, can you activate it? Or are you stuck in demo mode? I have only tried running it through my RDP session and the auth popup locked up ableton, but it could very well be because Im running it remotely so I was waiting to report it until I got home and could try.

I don't have Circle so I cannot activate the Circle-2 beta. Can only run it in DEMO mode.

Also when opening Cirle-2 the 'standard' preset 'Ambient Future Grime' does nothing but emitting a nasty, very loud tone which overloaded my systems' audio (In Reaper it overloaded in such a way that my system froze. Had to reset my system and rebuild my Raid. Cost me half a day :( )

Why it overwrote Circle.dll is because the internal names are the same. Also a bug!

Also ergonomically the interface for me is waayy too dark and without contrast! I must turn up my monitor to an uncomfortable (suffering from Migraine!) level of brightness before I could distinguish anything!

Last edited by ZeePok on Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Kids! Get off my lawn!"

I was able to activate mine using the serial I got for v1

How did you guys get the beta?
I havent received an email
Amazon: why not use an alternative

aMUSEd wrote:I was able to activate mine using the serial I got for v1
Yea I was able to activate once I got home, guess it was an issue trying to do it over a remote session

zxant wrote:
Also ergonomically the interface for me is waayy too dark and without contrast! I must turn up my monitor to an uncomfortable (suffering from Migraine!) level of brightness before I could distinguish anything!

Funny, I didnt like that it was gray instead of black as version one.

In fact the second beta they send me is darker and for me is more confortable.

The problem for me isnt the background but the fonts and to so extend the colours need to be a llitle bit more bright as in version 1.
dedication to flying

Now users are complaining that FAW sent the E-mail not as BCC

What a bunch of primadonnas, why did they sign up for the beta in the first place? :roll:

Gotta agree, the whining and some people getting all worked up about "now everyone has my email address'....I don't, because I deleted all the replies and I'm not interested in your email in the slightest ;-)
There seems to be some people who obviously believe they are very important.

ftech wrote:Gotta agree, the whining and some people getting all worked up about "now everyone has my email address'....I don't, because I deleted all the replies and I'm not interested in your email in the slightest ;-)
+1

I can understand users concern, but they should in case write to FAW then, and not copy everybody else who got the E-mail :help:

Return to “Instruments”