Using XP In The Year 2015

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

WAKE THE DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!

just because.......:D

Shhhhh.... the dead don't wanna wake up... ;)

XP for me here still.
Does everything I ask of it.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

See, I know how to bump a thread proper ;)

I wish someone had made that bet with me :)

If i was that friend, i would have won ;)

KVR Audio Forum Signature is currently unavailable for your web browser.

I just thought it was interesting. As I was cruising down memory lane it's one that jumped out at me as currently significant.

Melkor wrote:Who do you reckon is gonna win?
Your friend, it's quite easy to get by with XP still.

In my experience, XP was the last version of Windows to gradually slow down as its used from the point of install. Every system running a geriatric install of XP that I've been on has been the same.

robenestobenz wrote:In my experience, XP was the last version of Windows to gradually slow down as its used from the point of install. Every system running a geriatric install of XP that I've been on has been the same.
So Vista - 10 don't slow down ? I know one thing it gets bloated over time with Windows update and nvidia drivers etc etc . I had an 65 GB SSD , I finally swapped out for a 120 GB Samsung SSD the other day quite painless really the Samsung migration software was nice n easy .

xp was great. I got a ton of enjoyment out of it (vs most mac platforms I've used)

It had it's issues, but basically you turn your computer on, and you work :)

The win7 experience has been much better though. I'm thankful every day that I have win7. Shit works on it (except for a couple of products that just suck) and I love it.

In the year 2025, if XP is still alive
Microsoft sales will be deprived :o

Yep , Windows 7 is great . I had XP on my i7 machine and then everything started to go 64bit , so I was like what is the point in using XP anymore ? So I bought the full version of 7 not the OEM . If Windows 10 turns out to be good and there is a cheap upgrade from 7 , I'll be all over it .

Yeah, I'm kinda looking forward to 10. I have a funny feeling that drivers and such will be up to date pretty quickly because devs have a copy to work with now. But for now, 7 will do.

fedexnman wrote:Yep , Windows 7 is great . I had XP on my i7 machine and then everything started to go 64bit , so I was like what is the point in using XP anymore ? So I bought the full version of 7 not the OEM . If Windows 10 turns out to be good and there is a cheap upgrade from 7 , I'll be all over it .
The upgrade is very cheap. So cheap in fact that they are giving it away (for the first year after release).

Amazing what a bit of competition will do. Maybe all the cries of monopoly in the 90s were right, Microsoft is a whole different company these days.

Also, one of the cool things about Windows 10 is that it's going to support this out of the box (skip to ~9:30):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6sL_5Wgvrg

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”