2CAudio Kaleidoscope | It's A Trip | Latest Update 1.1

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Kaleidoscope Kaleidoscope

Sampleconstruct wrote: ORIGIN late Middle English: from Latin infus- ‘poured in,’ from the verb infundere, from in- ‘into’ + fundere ‘pour.’
Du latin infusus, participe passif de infundere « verser dans » (voir aussi infuser).

It seems to have exactly the same root in frensh language

Il se dit des connaissances ou des vertus que l’on possède sans avoir travaillé à les acquérir.

Savoir infus.
Science infuse.
Sagesse infuse.

litterally :

knowledge that you own without having to do nothing to acquire them
infused science
infused knowledge
infused wisdom

...AFAIK an untranslatable sense in english language (at least literally)

:oops:
Last edited by Krakatau on Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Krakatau wrote:This is perhaps a bit presumptuous by there's one thing that came to my mind :

- i assume that the core of KS isn't such different at some aspect of a bunch of karpus-strong modelled strings, except that the excitation stage (especially this one) is totally different !

so there would nothing so astonishing when some rendered studies might remind plucked strings (or even bowed strings, sometimes almost accurately..?)

Part of the inspiration for some aspects of the string resonators, sure. I mention this in the manual. :tu:

Yes with some input signals and string resonator settings you should not be surprised to hear plucked string sounds... or bowed... some the Aleatoric presets (which I misspelled and forget to correct. :dog: ) string presets sound really eerily like this kind of thing on orchestral strings (using white noise input)...

however, IMHO, we have taken things much, much farther than this general idea from 1983...

ok I see sunlight, it must be time to sleep now. :D

Krakatau wrote:
BTW i just bought KS...

Great! Welcome!

We are going to post a 1.0.2 version later today or tomorrow FYI...

well at the current time i just try to figure out what's going on using just static presets or anything alike with improvising instrument like e-piano or vibraphones and to see how to handle this at the best...

...enough work already :oops: ...but what i can evaluate by experience is that inherently the resonator technique was limited in timbral and textural variation compared to appropriate impulse responses, so i simply do not yet figure out relevantly how you circumvent the issue

enormous work and gray matter involved , obviously...

(have a good sleep BTW...)

Galbanum wrote:
ok I see sunlight, it must be time to sleep now. :D
There you have it, it's part of the mutation process, we're all mutating into KS vampires, I noticed my incisors growing lately...

Krakatau wrote:
BTW i just bought KS...
Welcome to the dome of pain and pleasure.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Valery_Kondakoff wrote: Can you provide a little bit more info of how you have done this? A couple of screenshots, or (maybe) an example structure?
Later - I'll check the structure and might reveal some of it here.
Thank you. I'm evaluating Artmatic: some guidelines will help me a lot.
CU
VK

My first thoughs after a good night of rest are to work out a plan to create a more structured experiment for creating a song. My computer takes 10 minutes or more to render a 5 minute track with KS and B2 on it.
1. Create shorter segments using KS and render them to shorter audio files.
2. Trim out what I like from each of these renderings and parse them strategically on the timeline, each trimming used multiple times on it's own arrangement track.
3. Begin "painting" a composition by layering these new tracks, using time offsets, effects, etc.
4. Add rhythmic or time-based tracks that should now sync more easily with the collage created above.
5. Add some glue with sends or master effects.
6. Add automation to liven up individual tracks that might sound static.

It's good to wake up motivated. :idea:
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

rustman wrote:My first thoughs after a good night of rest are to work out a plan to create a more structured experiment for creating a song. My computer takes 10 minutes or more to render a 5 minute track with KS and B2 on it.
1. Create shorter segments using KS and render them to shorter audio files.
2. Trim out what I like from each of these renderings and parse them strategically on the timeline, each trimming used multiple times on it's own arrangement track.
3. Begin "painting" a composition by layering these new tracks, using time offsets, effects, etc.
4. Add rhythmic or time-based tracks that should now sync more easily with the collage created above.
5. Add some glue with sends or master effects.
6. Add automation to liven up individual tracks that might sound static.

It's good to wake up motivated. :idea:
Ive been wanting to focus on 1 and 2 alot more this this past week as well. There is so much you can do rendering long pieces for an ambient track but I am sure there is much undiscovered magic in sequencing smaller elements. Will be cool to see what you come up with :)
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

Processing a gong accent - one forward, the other reversed - with one instance of Kaleidoscope each, using images with grid patterns to add rhythm and harmonic fluctuation. The reversed gong-instance comes in a little later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9HBRl0UmvE

Valery_Kondakoff wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Valery_Kondakoff wrote: Can you provide a little bit more info of how you have done this? A couple of screenshots, or (maybe) an example structure?
Later - I'll check the structure and might reveal some of it here.
Thank you. I'm evaluating Artmatic: some guidelines will help me a lot.
Start here:

Constant Input X/Y
into
Scale Offset module
into
TechNoise module

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Krakatau wrote:
BTW i just bought KS...
:lol:

I assume you're referring to this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBVfb0x2q6U

Beautiful and rather elaborate bass phrase !
Last edited by Krakatau on Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Krakatau wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Krakatau wrote:
BTW i just bought KS...

I assume you're referring to this :
Yes, amongst other things :party:

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Krakatau wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Krakatau wrote:
BTW i just bought KS...

Simon is just being polite. Obviously he was referring to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWeJ9p42ufg

:hihi:
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Krakatau wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Krakatau wrote:
BTW i just bought KS...

Simon is just being polite. Obviously he was referring to this:

:hihi:
This is just so unbelievably crappy, amazing :hail:

Return to “Effects”