RELATED
PRODUCTS

1 Dune 2 Zebra
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

woodsdenis wrote:1. Dune 2 1.Zebra
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

1 sounds cleaner to me, so I think it's Dune 2, and 2 is Zebra.

garryknight wrote:1 sounds cleaner to me, so I think it's Dune 2, and 2 is Zebra.
Because Dune 2 sounds cleaner than Zebra2? Interesting.. Anyone else sharing this opinion?
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

I'd say that Dune 1 & 2 both sound pretty clean. In the sense of hardly non-linear or distorted/saturated. Don't know if that makes sense, but that's how it always seemed to me.

It's what I think some people call a 'plastic' sound. Makes it ideal for electronica. To me, Zebra sounds less... kind of... shiny, somehow. We need a new dictionary of sound-related adjectives.

Guillotin got it right first, DUNE 2 is 1 and Zebra2 is number 2.

Tom Foolery IMO.

Dasheesh wrote:Tom Foolery IMO.
:hihi:

syntheticillusion wrote:Guillotin got it right first, DUNE 2 is 1 and Zebra2 is number 2.
Well, my Zebra 2 has never sounded so bad. Would really help if you didn't mangle the hell out of that patch.

Again, not a fair test.

They both sound equally uninteresting in this example.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

spaceman wrote:They both sound equally uninteresting in this example.
At least 1 is a cleaner patch. 2 was drenched in reverb or God knows what else and it just sounds horrible. It's a muddy mess.

It's a bit like Gearslutz here sometimes :smack:
Wavetables for DUNE2/3, Blofeld, IL Harmor, Hive and Serum etc: http://charlesdickens.neocities.org/
£10 for lifetime updates including wavetable editor for Windows.

Music: https://soundcloud.com/markholt

Thanks for the comparison btw. Hope you didn't mind the bitching by the people who were wrong too much. :)

Test aside, Zebra2 and DUNE2 are dramatically different synths.
Overall, I would personally pick them both for their differences, not similarities.
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

Return to “Instruments”