Was the Line 6 Pod 2.0 better?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Was the Line 6 Pod (Bean) 2.0 from 2002 better than the newer ones that came out later? I have heard this but.. whats a good price for a used one?

For me personally no. I always thought it had a 'distant' feel, sometimes like there was a blanket over the speaker.

However my favourite guitarist Bill Nelson swears by them, although he only likes the 'script logo' earlier version to the 'block logo' later one (I think they had different chips).

I think the HD series feels much more dynamic. However I do think it's easier to dial in a sound on the 2.0 than the HD series, but that's due to the HD being much more complex and having more options.

Mr Arkadin wrote:For me personally no. I always thought it had a 'distant' feel, sometimes like there was a blanket over the speaker.

However my favourite guitarist Bill Nelson swears by them, although he only likes the 'script logo' earlier version to the 'block logo' later one (I think they had different chips).

I think the HD series feels much more dynamic. However I do think it's easier to dial in a sound on the 2.0 than the HD series, but that's due to the HD being much more complex and having more options.
what do you mean by script logo?

Script logo:

Block logo:

Thank you!!!

I have the one with the scripted logo, cool.

Last month I got one with the scripted logo, in cherry condition as best I can tell. Paint job is good and everything works. Paid $70 at a local pawn shop. Is that a good price?

In the UK they used to go for about £60 (haven't checked in a while though), so I think that's fine. I think I paid £250 for mine back in the day (block logo).

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”