Is ANYONE here at KVR talented enought to create the Jean-Michel Jarre 5th Rendez-Vous patch??????

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hehe yep it's close!

olepro wrote:Here is my tryout with SQ8L
Could maybe be better, cause i only listened to it from my ipad while programming.

SQ8L (Ensoniq SQ80) is a eighties synth with no FX, so i added Tone2 Warmverb to the sound.
FX is a big part of this sound

With FX
Dry
Damn!!! :D That is really close also.....too bad I didn't own an SQ80. :( Ensoniq, correct?

EDIT- Oops, didn't realize there was the fee SQ8L. Awesome! Could I please get the patch for it as to compare to the others?

Perhaps if it is a real close tie, the 2 best wouldn't mind splitting the $30? :)
Last edited by quantum7 on Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chris-S wrote:I converted Astralp's Dune2 patch successfully to FM8. :clown:
So, indead the synth doesn't matter much, the FX are important.

http://chris-s.bplaced.net/fm8/FM8_JMJ_5th_Rendvz.mp3

FX: Camel Crusher, ReaEQ, TAL-ChorusLX, Ambience Reverb
Nice also! You guys are all quite the talented bunch! Could I possibly get that FM8 FXP from you?
Last edited by quantum7 on Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SQ8L is pretty old... but even today among the new plugins it remains a true beast!
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

quantum7 wrote:
Chris-S wrote:I converted Astralp's Dune2 patch successfully to FM8. :clown:
So, indead the synth doesn't matter much, the FX are important.

http://chris-s.bplaced.net/fm8/FM8_JMJ_5th_Rendvz.mp3

FX: Camel Crusher, ReaEQ, TAL-ChorusLX, Ambience Reverb
Nice also! You guys are all quite the talented bunch! Could I possibly get that Dune FXP from you?
I guess that you'll have to split the price or to multiply it by two or three at least because there will be more than one winner at the top step of the podium!
ImageImageImage
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Astralp wrote:Thought I'd have a go tonight, sounds like low bit wavetables to me, the boxiness created with chorus and wet reverb so I went for Dune 2 :)

https://soundcloud.com/astralp/jarre-pr ... ith-dune-2
I had so much fun playing the piece today ....with the correct sound for the first time. Thank you again. :) I just put a tad more reverb time on it and couldn't stop playing it. You really should consider creating a patch bank for Dune 2 - you are talented. :tu:

Thanks and I'm glad you have made use of it, I have a collection for Dune 2 :)

http://hgsounds.com/product/dissolution-for-dune-2/

Dune 2 is a very special synth, it's a joy to design on.

Astralp wrote:Thanks and I'm glad you have made use of it, I have a collection for Dune 2 :)

http://hgsounds.com/product/dissolution-for-dune-2/

Dune 2 is a very special synth, it's a joy to design on.
Awesome! I will definitely be purchasing your Dissolution soundset for Dune 2 tonight or tomorrow. :tu:

EDIT- Actually I just noticed that you have soundsets for quite a bit of instruments. What would you recommend to me for New-Age or Ambient material? Your Padshop stuff looks intriguing. :)

quantum7 wrote:
olepro wrote:Here is my tryout with SQ8L
Could maybe be better, cause i only listened to it from my ipad while programming.

SQ8L (Ensoniq SQ80) is a eighties synth with no FX, so i added Tone2 Warmverb to the sound.
FX is a big part of this sound

With FX
Dry
Damn!!! :D That is really close also.....too bad I didn't own an SQ80. :( Ensoniq, correct?

EDIT- Oops, didn't realize there was the fee SQ8L. Awesome! Could I please get the patch for it as to compare to the others?

Perhaps if it is a real close tie, the 2 best wouldn't mind splitting the $30? :)
I will post the patch for SQ8L to you.
But remember, when you load it you will hear the DRY as a desert sound.
It need FX on top to sound right.
And if you don't have tried SQ8L yet, be prepaired to a trip back to the eighties :)
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

quantum7 wrote: Could I possibly get that FM8 FXP from you?
Find attached (version with internal FX).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Well a lot of the stuff I do is good for Ambient to be honest as I have a love (perhaps obsession) with Pads. There is the Padshop stuff, also the Iris releases, and if you have Kontakt the Multiverse script is great for generating Pads using the wave randomizers using the included sample collection. Calculus is a good one for this, although all my Kontakt releases have a Multiverse instrument included. You can get the free one here so you can have a play which is a bit of a showcase of some of the releases :)

Another attempt using IL Harmor

I cheated a little letting Harmor resynthesising the original rendevoux audio clip and looping a tiny part of the first note to use as waveform.
I then used that in the two oscillators to build the patch.

Harmor has very nice FX so this patch is all Harmor.

Harmor
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

Another nice one. :tu:

Astralp wrote:Well a lot of the stuff I do is good for Ambient to be honest as I have a love (perhaps obsession) with Pads. There is the Padshop stuff, also the Iris releases, and if you have Kontakt the Multiverse script is great for generating Pads using the wave randomizers using the included sample collection. Calculus is a good one for this, although all my Kontakt releases have a Multiverse instrument included. You can get the free one here so you can have a play which is a bit of a showcase of some of the releases :)
I'm ordering Starburst for Padshop. For some reason though, I'm having dejavu while ordering it. Seems like I did this before..... Weird. :scared: :eek: :)

olepro wrote:Another attempt using IL Harmor

I cheated a little letting Harmor resynthesising the original rendevoux audio clip and looping a tiny part of the first note to use as waveform.
I then used that in the two oscillators to build the patch.

Harmor has very nice FX so this patch is all Harmor.

Harmor
Wow - Quite good! :) I still think the Dune 2 version may be the most accurate, but you could be a very, very close 2nd. May I have the Harmor FXP? I will try out all the versions together and post the results on Sunday, March 1st.

Thanks again, everyone! You all rock! :tu:

Return to “Instruments”