Sugarbytes Thesys? If I have Nora, BlueARP and Cthulhu

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I see that Sugarbytes Thesys is only $24.99 from Guitar Center, on special offer:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/SUGAR-BYTES ... 2968522.gc

I already have Nora2, BlueARP and Cthulhu, are there any Thesys users here? Does it offer anything I don't already have covered already? I don't want to miss it at this price if it can offer me something I don't already have.

I think Thesys would really compliment your current setup once you start routing it to your own Vsti's. The inbuilt Synth is a bit hit and miss imo and gets the bypass.
$24.99 is well worth it though.
Might be worth first checking out some youtube video tutorials before you make the jump.
Thesys has a few good tricks up its sleeve that the others listed above can't quite do or certainly not as well, for example it has great performance and modulation modes with randomization/mutate for melodies amongst other things.
Icing on the cake :)

This price is a no-brainer deal. I demo'ed it before and would like to buy one however the price was a bit high so I went for Modulys.

I am not sure if Thesys offers more than 1 part of phrase where Modulys offers 16 parts - Fun continues.

Oranges Vs apples. Thesys is a step sequencer (you need to preprogram your sequence and it doesn't react to your playing in real time except for changing preprogrammed patterns) while the rest are arpeggiators which are meant to perform your playing in real time.
To sum up- Thesys is for preprogrammed sequences. The rest are reacting and performing your playing- you've changed a chord, the pattern changes along.

Because they're so different, I definitally recommend on Thesys. It's a super creative tool, with great features.

basslinemaster wrote:I see that Sugarbytes Thesys is only $24.99 from Guitar Center, on special offer:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/SUGAR-BYTES ... 2968522.gc

I already have Nora2, BlueARP and Cthulhu, are there any Thesys users here? Does it offer anything I don't already have covered already? I don't want to miss it at this price if it can offer me something I don't already have.
Yes, at that price it is a no-brainer.

Thanks very much for all your replies, guys (and gals), I will buy it now before the offer ends! It definitely sounds like something that will be really useful for me.

Well guess what: I just went to buy Thesys, and the offer has gone... Damn.

Musician's Friend still have it, but won't 'ship to the UK' - even though I presume it is a download. How odd.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/software ... tes-thesys

I just checked Guitar Center and it's still 24.99.

Ah, thanks Bluedad, I went back to the link and it works this time - but when I tried to buy it, it says it only ships to the United States, like Musician's Friend. I think I'll start a Marketplace thread and offer somebody in the U.S. some money if they buy it on my behalf (if that's possible).

Can't be purchased from Uk either.

Something to do with VAT/ sales tax ?
Instant human just add coffee

It could be to do with VAT, I wonder. They can use Fastspring (or other payment providers) to get around all of those problems, you don't have to file VAT returns in the buyers' European countries, as Fastspring do it all for you. I'll see if anybody in the Marketplace is willing to buy it for a small consideration from me. I am presuming it is a download, not a physical item, so the VAT thing sounds like the most likely reason for not selling it outside the UK.

Ask 4lb Kitty, maybe she can help you...

paulbreeze wrote:Ask 4lb Kitty, maybe she can help you...
She's been out of commission for a while.

BiancaNeve wrote:Something to do with VAT/ sales tax ?
Probably that certain manufacturers do not permit them to ship products outside the USA.

Return to “Instruments”