Editing/posting problem?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After editing a post here

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5#p6057205

lots of duplicates of the original post appeared. Every time I've tried to edit a duplicate to remove the content other copies appeared. :o

MaxSynths wrote:After editing a post here

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5#p6057205

lots of duplicates of the original post appeared. Every time I've tried to edit a duplicate to remove the content other copies appeared. :o
Perhaps you hit the "Reply with quote" button right next to the edit button? It's been known to happen for most of us on some occasion I think... :wink:

Are you certain you didn't hit "quote" rather than "edit" by mistake? I've done this several times and caught it, a couple I made duplicate posts before noticing.

One of the problems with the standard phpBB3 layout, it might happen less often if the quote button lived somewhere else although I suspect it isn't really that much of an issue. I haven't run in to this problem lately as I've been far more careful which button I hit.

So, if it isn't that, are you running any custom browser extensions that may modify the javascript or similar? Which browser? Can you reproduce it or is it just a one-time thing?
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

Actually I'd think you shouldn't really need a "reply with quote" on your own posts, so the same logic that exposes the edit button should hide the quote button.

Just that I'd be willing to bet it isn't quite so simple to actually do that in the code.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

Lol yes, maybe I pressed the reply button :hihi: :dog: :oops:

Return to “Site Stuff”