Acustica Audio - This was Awesome!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

valerian_777 wrote:
Man you do whatever you want. Its your money. But i saw your list of plugins and you dont need any of this stuff.
I guess that counts for 99,99% of the people here so what? :D
Yes it does. The shame is that was trying to learn someone else from my mistakes, so if i was the .01 percent you were referring to, we can go ahead and call it an even 100 :)
We know each other here better then that...lol...and you think i have enough? Or you? HELL NO!!!
Tomorrow i will probably end up buying something else again...i am already trying to purchase now
some third party Nebula stuff, any recommendation except ATB and Sound Master?
Youre going to hate me for this because its a PIA plugin :clap: ( I dont do Nebula. Its just too much himin and hawin around for me - Aqua is cool tho, but it doesnt cooperate with my fairly powerful computer) but MuseEQ is a KILLER EQ plugin. I mean just fantastic. You wont often hear me praising soft Qs but this thing just works on everything.

NI's supercharger is insane for the 5 or $10 you can probably find it around here for. Im a fan of UAs compressors mostly. (im selling a duo - and a solo)

IKs Precision Limiter is really good. You knew that though :)

Jumping back over to look thru your list......Theres just nothing you need. It aint gonna get any more high end than what you got. Its always nice to have a few choice cuts from UA, but unless you are going for a specialty plug or a tool you need to fix a mix, its all gonna be a waste IMO.
There ya have it...

Thanks...i have SuperCharger GT, my MOST used compressor, its an INSTANT thing anytime
you plug it in on a Track. As for Nebula, i am having fun with this, one thing i noticed,
when i turned few of the Reverbs on THAT WAS IT! Even though i own some good reverbs
when i turned some on Nebula now was WOW, i mean the difference was there ugh.
Yes, it hits the CPU but there is tricks and ways of getting the max out of this thing.
I don't know, pluging Nebula in changed everything, lol, completely different.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

I love this thing...by the hour...i have a good computer so i can use it pretty hefty...
as long as i stay away from some of the Reverbs which i can't, lol. Its the HOLY of effects.
And yes...i used to own a UAD Card before too. I am considering of adding the folowing:

Alessandro Boschi:
Classic Logic Console
Vintage Blue Console
SideCar81 Console
76 Dynamics Collection
Modern White Dynamics
Vintage 73 eQ
Vintage American X-citer
Tape and Saturators FX

CD Sound Master:
LA-2A Preamp Collection For Nebula Pro
1176 Preamp Collection For Nebula Pro
N-TEN-AT4 EQ and Console Channel Strip
R2R- The Essential Analog Tape Collection

Henry OOlonga:
His All You Can Eat Bundle

Those programs seem pretty interesting too.

Maybe change the thread title dude, if they really sorted you out...

BasariStudios wrote:I love this thing...by the hour...i have a good computer so i can use it pretty hefty...
as long as i stay away from some of the Reverbs which i can't, lol. Its the HOLY of effects.
And yes...i used to own a UAD Card before too. I am considering of adding the folowing:

Alessandro Boschi:
Classic Logic Console
Vintage Blue Console
SideCar81 Console
76 Dynamics Collection
Modern White Dynamics
Vintage 73 eQ
Vintage American X-citer
Tape and Saturators FX

CD Sound Master:

Henry OOlonga:

Im not the kind to call any one thing better than another because as we know a lot of it boils down to subjectivity, but the older UA stuff isnt quite up to par with the newer stuff. Their LA2A and 1176s are something to behold. API vision channel strip, ive heard more people than i care to mention call it UA's "best" plugin.

Ive heard a lot of good things about the Nebula verbs, but heres the thing, i cant remember the last time ive heard a reverb and it was an integral part of a production.

Todays sounds are very dry and in your face. I know people covet reverb because it sounds cool, but you just dont hear professional sounds like that anymore. In the 70's and 80's everything was drenched with verb. Today, just enough to create a little space .

Anyway, ive had my say here. I try not to get too involved in this type of discussion (although it is fun) because plugins are the last thing im going to look at if im trying to improve my mixes. Literally. vStill fun though. :)
There ya have it...

Thanks Sintilator, done, that was a good idea.

UltraSonic, i hear you...and you are right...i have access to some high end Hardware FX,
i can buy few of them, even some good smaller Console...the only problem is...i want
100 1176s on my Tracks or 80 1073s, LOL...which is impossible with hardware.
Lets say i buy 1 1176 and 1 1073...then WHAT??? Even an SSL-XL Desk but then WHAT?
Everything i do is 99% ITB, all VSTis, the only external thing going is Vocals, sometimes
very rare a Guitar, Sax, Clarinet and few other things but very rare, Drums NEVER.

BasariStudios wrote:I love this thing...by the hour...i have a good computer so i can use it pretty hefty...

Alessandro Boschi:
Classic Logic Console
Vintage Blue Console
SideCar81 Console
76 Dynamics Collection
Modern White Dynamics
Vintage 73 eQ
Vintage American X-citer
Tape and Saturators FX

CD Sound Master:

Henry OOlonga:

I guess it all depends on what type of music you'll be mixing but in general, as all-rounders, from this list I'd strongly suggest the R2R, Tape and Saturators FX (you'll have a smile in your face with the Anamod there), the Vintage Blue Console and Classic Logic Console. Great libraries that cover a lot of ground to start a mix. Now, you definitely have to get the Modern Flagship Console (in my opinion, it's the best console for Nebula "at the moment"... I say at the moment because AlexB will soon release the A16 Console which is sampled from a API 1608 and it sounds too good to leave it out). You may want to wait a couple of weeks (or days, not sure) because a full fledge API combo will be out (550A, 550B, 5500, 525 comp and A16 console) and you should really try it if you like the API sound (I've always loved it).

Thanks guys and Mercado, i am waiting for that too, so far i bought this:

AlexB:
Vintage Blue Console - Neve 1084
SideCar 81 Console - Neve 1081
Modern White Dynamics - Neve RND 5043
Vintage 73eQ - Neve 1073
76 Dynamics - 1176
TSX - Tape & Saturators FX

Rhythm in Mind:
165a 2:1, 4:1 and 20:1 - DBX
Raturation - Saturation
SSTone Glue - SSL Buss i guess
RCA Airon Line-EQ

CD Sound Master:

Now waiting on AITB because their store is down for some reason. The reason i always tend to run after
Neve stuff and Consoles is that i worked on a Neve console for quiet a while, i never worked on an SSL.

BasariStudios wrote:Thanks guys and Mercado, i am waiting for that too, so far i bought this:

AlexB:
Vintage Blue Console - Neve 1084
SideCar 81 Console - Neve 1081
Modern White Dynamics - Neve RND 5043
Vintage 73eQ - Neve 1073
76 Dynamics - 1176
TSX - Tape & Saturators FX

Rhythm in Mind:
165a 2:1, 4:1 and 20:1 - DBX
Raturation - Saturation
SSTone Glue - SSL Buss i guess
RCA Airon Line-EQ

CD Sound Master:

Now waiting on AITB because their store is down for some reason. The reason i always tend to run after
Neve stuff and Consoles is that i worked on a Neve console for quiet a while, i never worked on an SSL.
The MFC is a Neve 88RS ;)

Which MFC you mean?

BasariStudios wrote:Which MFC you mean?
http://www.alessandroboschi.eu/html/ale ... onsole.htm

Arrgghhhh missed that one...lol...its ok, its still there.

Today i also added the CD SM WTBC Plugin to that collection and probably will
add the AA Magenta, Blue Eq and Titanium Plugins. A lot of things changed in my
workflow in 2-3 days...i haven't been this excited in a while musically, since the
days of Diva and Bazille...and few other things. If Acoustica Audio actually did a
hardware plugin i would be buying it without a question.

Return to “Effects”