New Electribes

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Actually If I remember right, the King Korg is a bit like that anyway. You choose combinations of OSC's.

Judging by this demo, it really does sound poor. Every demo I've heard sounds really mono, probably because the drum samples seem to all be mono

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-cl=8 ... mBoI#t=115

Since you can't add your own, AFAIK they should have put in much better drum samples than this. It really just sounds recycled. That's an issue I have with the big three, they seem to have just been stuffing generally the same sounds into everything they bring out.

I still want one though. :dog:

The Sampler might be a lot more useful.

The Original EMX-1 sounded very good, I had one. Even when I listen to random youtube demos now it sounds a lot beefier than the Electribe 2. The original is also a much nicer looking design, albeit a bit toyish looking, at least it's not dull.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote:Actually If I remember right, the King Korg is a bit like that anyway. You choose combinations of OSC's.

Judging by this demo, it really does sound poor. Every demo I've heard sounds really mono, probably because the drum samples seem to all be mono

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-cl=8 ... mBoI#t=115

Since you can't add your own, AFAIK they should have put in much better drum samples than this. It really just sounds recycled. That's an issue I have with the big three, they seem to have just been stuffing generally the same sounds into everything they bring out.

I still want one though. :dog:

The Sampler might be a lot more useful.

The Original EMX-1 sounded very good, I had one. Even when I listen to random youtube demos now it sounds a lot beefier than the Electribe 2. The original is also a much nicer looking design, albeit a bit toyish looking, at least it's not dull.
Ye get the Sampler. I'm regretting my purchase already. Bugger. Even as a preset device it sucks because the presets suck.

Didn't someone hint that it might be possible to upgrade the firmware of the current device to that of the sampler?

duncanm wrote:Didn't someone hint that it might be possible to upgrade the firmware of the current device to that of the sampler?
Really? That would be something at least. Bet you it won't be cheap if it's true. I doubt you though.

I think it was referenced in passing by that bloke who was doing all the demo vids back when they announced it. seemed to suggest that the two were interchangeable via firmware, but yeah, it would be weird to hold off a few months to release the second if the hardware was bascially exactly the same.

I haven't seen any demo where they go through a couple of waveforms and show the range of transformation that knob gives, the modulation knob or whatever it is called.
What's this talk about the sampler having a, from what i understood it, better synth engine?
Apart from that, what is it about the sampler you look forward to? I doubt you can sample with it. So basically a playback engine with a sequencer? Who are they aiming for? If you can't sample with it you sort of exclude the beat makers. Anyone already using live could probably get any drum pad controller and get a similar experience. Maybe for those playing live? Not sure who's the best target group, bedroom players or live performers. My guts say bedroom producers provides the most sales. That's based on no statistics at all though.
Maybe the idea is to use it the way i use my ipad with Gadget or any other app. In other words, not in front of the computer. For creative use, to spark ideas. Then continue with mouse and clicking.. :)
:hug:

I'm assuming it will be able to sample, otherwise there wouldn't be much point in getting this over the Volca Sample. It has stereo line inputs but it's possible those are just for getting access to the effects processor and/or filter. Korg's description doesn't explicitly say it can sample:

jrrshop.com/korg-electribe-sampler

until software, samplers, other than the akai 'CD'series, sampled! :cry:

i don't know what is going on with the world... if you can't trust a sampler...

part of the whole charm of a sampler are the errors that get
introduced. sample some speech, move edit points and find it
isn't quite what you recorded. computer sampling sounds like
sh*t by comparison. too clean. flat. get an s900 or 950, and
see what it does with your loop once you start pitching it..

stuff the data format PITA..
(ok, i may be overstating, but someone has to do it..)

i have 2 friends, mad about hardware...*refuse* to get a sampler...?! :scared:

Get an Akai S612 and you'll see how fun it is to manually slide around start, end, and loop points using faders.

I think of mine more as a portable sketchpad. Easy to carry around, reasonable amount of features to get down ideas I want to use later in the DAW with real tools.

but more bad as missing songmode is:

no SAVE ALL file ( complete project include patternset ,all pattern ,etc.) like daws and other grooveboxes
you can only import and export individual pattern .
.this are the greats limit for me.

and
pseudo songmode is very limited
the patterchain recording :
after your recording session (this is only a play file)
you cant overdub or rearranging the pattern . you dont see any event or pattern .
Last edited by funnyfunny on Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

yomanfree wrote:And it can sequence outside gears via midi ....
the next comic limit
the recordet motion sequences are not send midi cc to extern gear or software
only the knobs can :roll:

some all more special underground limits are:

no save all or load all file.(project with all pattern and pattern set )
no midi cc send from motion sequences to external gear or software instruments
no overdub or pattern re-arranging after chain recording session
no copy or erase of bars in same pattern
no overdub or punchin recording
no doubling bars when events are in other bars
no inmedial or legato patten changeing on position -pattern only changeing from end to start
no copy sound presets to to other pattern
no saving sounds only
no 8 or 16 bars .horrible workflow for automations over 4 bars
no full groove preset depth without the groovepreset his velocity innformation .
from 0 -127. the velocity events comes mostly on 30 value..
and
only 1 masterfx for all tracks and the same fx for all tracks

it sounds great here...

let me know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrSacEFyYL0

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”