energyXT 3.0

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If you want a modular system right now, I reckon mux is your best bet. It was terrific in maschine where there was needed for example.

when i tried mux it was a nightmare to wire modular things,don't know if it's changed.
but you had to right click/select every input/output.in ext you just drag the wires.

Last edited by OBSOLETE160530 on Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

spacedad wrote:when i tried mux it was a nightmare to wire modular things,don't know if it's changed.
but you had to right click/select every input/output.in ext you just drag the wires.
Not sure where you got this from, cause dragging a cable simply is click-and-drag.

sorry,it must have been mutools demo i tried.

falkTX wrote:Where's the linux version?
Good question.

dnekm wrote:When did useful tools ever go out of fashion? If it works for you, use it....
Hating on eXT must be the new trend for old grumps .... :lol:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

I find ext3 great! no need for any internal effects or the synth really, they could all disappear. For that I have them in spades in my VSTs. The internal sequencer plus reaktor and nerve, is all I need for sequencing. as a mater of fact the internal sequencer has a great automation implementation. you load a VSTi, press rec, move a parameter on the vst gui and automatically shows up in the list of automations. THAT SIMPLE!

ext GUI is simple, no bloat and modular. I know there are more in depth modulars out there but ext3 is all I need. You can dock any window if you wish. Yea, I wish it was absolutely rock solid and 64 bit but hey maybe in the future. it doesn't have all the features of many other DAWs but not everybody needs them at all as long as it works for the purpose you want it too. ya we know some users got truly disappointed the way it all turned out when Jorgen announced ext2 but such is life, we don't know what really was happening in is life. like ma mama says, life happens. but I'm surely glad he is with us :)

I really liked eXT1, didn't care for two at all. More power to them but like many others eXT is in my past and I find no reason to recall that past. My hosts deliver everything I need and then some, I have just completely lost interest in eXT :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

trimph1 wrote:
dnekm wrote:When did useful tools ever go out of fashion? If it works for you, use it....
Not that new, it's own developer has hated it for a good few years !!
Duh

bungle wrote:
trimph1 wrote:
Not that new, it's own developer has hated it for a good few years !!
He must be an old grump then. ;)

Is a joke, son, a joke. :)
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

39 euros is very affordable, there is hardly any competition at that price point, Mulab for instance is almost twice as much, Mixcraft as well.
Sometimes I wonder what makes developers like XT Software continue. I mean, they offer something good for very little money, and still people are complaining :roll:

fluffy_little_something wrote:Sometimes I wonder what makes developers like XT Software continue. I mean, they offer something good for very little money, and still people are complaining :roll:
That's right. eXT 3.0 and a Wusik pre-order... what more could you possibly need?
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Can't believe there is still no 64 bit version. Or still no VST plugin version for Mac after all this time, let alone AU support.

I used this many years ago but development stopped for a long time, then promised developments never materialized. Seems like too little too late, but based on past announcements there's no guarantee these things will arrive very soon.

Shame. I liked it, but it's so far behind everything else now I can't really see it ever catching up.
Sweet child in time...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”