What was the first computer you owned?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Amstrad cpc464... The one with colour monitor. In 1985. I managed to develop a drum machine on it using BASIC. Very binky blionky tssst tssst... I was 12. Then around 88 i discovered the atari st 1040. Bought cubase and never looked back. Cubase 3 on atari is still to my view the best midi sequencer ever.
Edit: by 1989 i was able to secure a job in a famous studio just because of my technical knowledge of that thing. I wasn't even legally allowed to work as i was still to young. Things were easier those days if you were good at it. That is how i started in the industry. By knowing how to use a sequencer and therefore being helpful in a studio. Things have changed...
It's not what you use, it's how you use it...

Sendy wrote:
piel wrote:Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k

The one with the rubber "keys". I loved it. I was born and raised behind the iron curtain, it was smuggled in by a pilot friend of my uncle. Pretty ridiculous.
That's some pretty elite stuff. I bet having it smuggled in made it even more exciting :) Being told you can't do something tends to have that effect.

The ZX-81 that was Sinclair's machine before the Speccy, didn't even have keys, just a membrane with rectangles printed on it. It was a most peculiar sensation.
The thing is my parents didn't tell me how it got to me for a couple of years. Probably they did not want me to let it slip at school. (I was kinda young when i got it). A few years later the rules started to ease up and my friends were getting have zx81-s and other stuff, c64 was the supreme ruler at the time. I have had a good 6-7 years before others started to dabble with them.

A mac. WAY back when macs were good.

2 floppies. Bleedin' edge. :clown:

beauchamp

Sendy wrote:They actually called it the Trash-80? That's pretty punk :)
It was the TRS-80. But everyone called it the Trash-80, especially all of us Apple ][ snobs who wouldn't be caught dead with a Tandy computer. :wink: :lol:
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

I had a TRS-80. There were two models available when I got it: one with 4k RAM and one with 16k. I opened it up for Christmas and was excited I got the 16k one. To which my father said, "Yeah...that's all you'll ever need."

Dell Pentium3 with 512 mb of ram ...lol z

Lolz........allow me to be more specific about my mac......... :hihi:

I paid 300 bucks to upgrade the ram to 16mb's ;)

Yep, I'm older than dirt.

do_androids_dream wrote:Commodore 64 for me
Ditto.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

I was a Commodore kid. Vic 20 -> C= 64 -> Amiga 500.

Tombstone City was a strange yet addictive game.
Music can no longer soothe the worried thoughts of monarchs; it can only tell you when it's time to buy margarine or copulate. -xoxos
Discontinue use if rash or irritation develops.

I never owned one but have fond memories of using the Trash 80.

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sega Master System 2... with Alex Kidd in Miracle World built in! :P

trimph1 wrote:Image

This thing...the Altair 8800... :scared:
could it run manic miner ??

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”