Omnisphere 2 is here! (yes, it's really here!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1 Omnisphere 2

Dewdman42 wrote: And did anyone catch they have now brought all the filters from Imposcar into Omni2? They sound freaking awesome.

And now they should buy all the Serum filters for Omnisphere 2. Those comb filters .... oh man.

Spectrasonics are running an impromptu contest to win Omni 2, but you'll have to be quick and smart:

@Spectrasonics: CONTEST: Free Omnisphere 2 to the first person who tweets the identity of someone in our intro video who is also in a certain Super Bowl ad.

Guess on Twitter if you wanna play.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Does anybody know if Omnisphere 2 will be able to import and interpret any types of mappings like sfz or older Kontakt patches that don't use NI's proprietary sound files? That might actually get me interested if I can take deeply sampled instruments and drumkits and get crazy with them like I do in alchemy. Having alchemy kontakt and Reaktor I'm really kind of set for ways to get crazy with samples and there is literally only one sample set included with omnisphere that interests me. Even support for old Roland, emu and Akai discs would make this thing more exciting for me.

JJ
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Doesn't support multi-samples bro... single shots only.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Who are the guys in the intro video? Peter Gabriel? with the beard? Who is the dude playing a bow. I know Eric and Dieggo but there is like 3 other guys in that video. One of them ...

Someone from a superbowl ad apparently.

I wouldn't know, am not a yank... :shrug:
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

How are these guys beside Eric????

We Omnisphere cultists are like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuouRrjhPCQ
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Ben H wrote:Doesn't support multi-samples bro... single shots only.
Bummer. That's weird since their whole sample playback engine is designed around multisamples.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Ah_Dziz wrote:
Bummer. That's weird since their whole sample playback engine is designed around multisamples.
No, its only one sample per soundsource.

Here's what Eric said on Twitter:
@Spectrasonics: @sabastianpegasu It's definitely NOT a sampler, so don't think of it that way. That's why we carefully avoid the use of the word "samples".

@Spectrasonics: @sabastianpegasu Of course we understand the value of all of those sampler-types of features, but we want to keep Omnisphere purely a synth.

@Spectrasonics: @sabastianpegasu Requests start with key mapping, then velo mapping, then round robin, then scripting, etc etc. Pandora's box

@Spectrasonics: @sabastianpegasu Our team has designed MANY of the most popular samplers, so we know what it entails…so we understand the desire.

Ben H wrote:
Ah_Dziz wrote:
No, its only one sample per soundsource.

Here's what Eric said on Twitter:
@Spectrasonics: @sabastianpegasu It's definitely NOT a sampler, so don't think of it that way. That's why we carefully avoid the use of the word "samples".

@Spectrasonics: @sabastianpegasu Of course we understand the value of all of those sampler-types of features, but we want to keep Omnisphere purely a synth.

@Spectrasonics: @sabastianpegasu Requests start with key mapping, then velo mapping, then round robin, then scripting, etc etc. Pandora's box

@Spectrasonics: @sabastianpegasu Our team has designed MANY of the most popular samplers, so we know what it entails…so we understand the desire.
So they avoid the term "samples" but the Omni library uses 2 gazillion Gigabytes of samples which are not samples because Omni is a synth and not a sampler. Now I understand.

Sampleconstruct wrote: So they avoid the term "samples" but the Omni library uses 2 gazillion Gigabytes of samples which are not samples because Omni is a synth and not a sampler. Now I understand.

It's because it uses romples, not samples... ;)
And I thought they were finally evolving to being a rampler...
Oh well.

He said it's not intended to be a sampler. The fact that you can import samples is ancillary.

Like many other VSTs on here that let you use waveforms for mangling and oscillators and stuff that are not samplers either. :roll:

EDIT: I can't understand why the pair of you are both coming off as butthurt about a piece of software that neither of you own or intend to own.

Ben H wrote:
EDIT: I can't understand why the pair of you are both coming off as butthurt about a piece of software that neither of you own or intend to own.
I did intend to own Omni 2 actually when sample import was announced, but then I read the specs. What's with your animosity towards me lately?

Ben H wrote: EDIT: I can't understand why the pair of you are both coming off as butthurt about a piece of software that neither of you own or intend to own.
Maybe it's your perception that is projecting butt hurt?
If I was butt hurt, I wouldn't be laughing about it. And I am very much laughing about it.
Didn't you see my wink-smiley-emoti-thing? :hihi:

Intend to own? :shrug: Maybe. We'll see.
If I had no interest in it at all I wouldn't even open the thread.

Return to “Instruments”