Nektar Impact lx61

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EDIT, order placed :)

This looks like the perfect compliment to my new found musical endeavors :tu:

Can cancel by the end of the weekend if anyone can give me a good reason ;) But this looks to be the perfect reason compliment (and it controls bitwig and studio one too apparently!)

I'm thinking about this one myself. Though might wait for the 88-key version due out soon.

Looks good. The reviews are stellar so far.

I might grab the 49 key model too one day. Especially the DAW integration seems very well solved, better than any other brand. Don't know about the keys, but i won't use it very sophisticated anyway.

Can't wait until next Friday :hyper:

I'll sell you my LX-61... it;s in mint shape and has never left my home. I want to get the new Akai Professional Advance 61 with VIP. :D

PM me if your are interested.
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

I already ordered it.

Two more days!

hibidy wrote:Two more days!
Congrats!

While you wait, I recommend creating an account on the Nektar website.
http://www.nektartech.com/registratration

Then once your LX61 arrives, you can register it's serial number to your account, to gain access to relevant downloads and such.

If you need help with anything, you can always get in touch with me via the Nektar support system.

Thanks!

So far so good :cool:

Haven't tried it with studio one yet, but everything seems to work....knock on wood.

So far, I can sum it up as a nice controller that seems to work very well. Definitely worth the price of admission (of course that doesn't take into account long term use)

The integration with reason is good. My biggest concern is I have no idea what/if anything should be controlling FX. Also, there seems to be a communication lag while the two of them decide to start talking to each other. You have to hit "play" a few times before it finally starts working.....then it's fine.

I think it's explained as "fine" but there are yellow warnings on both attached surfaces (under preferences/controller)

I have to admit, I mulling around trading up to the panorama. :ud:

hibidy wrote:So far, I can sum it up as a nice controller that seems to work very well. Definitely worth the price of admission (of course that doesn't take into account long term use)

The integration with reason is good. My biggest concern is I have no idea what/if anything should be controlling FX. Also, there seems to be a communication lag while the two of them decide to start talking to each other. You have to hit "play" a few times before it finally starts working.....then it's fine.

I think it's explained as "fine" but there are yellow warnings on both attached surfaces (under preferences/controller)

Hi hibidy,

To control an effect in Reason, you will need to create a track for it. Simply click on the effect you want to control, go to the 'Edit' menu and select 'Create Track for <insert effect name here>'. Then once that track is selected, you should be able to control it from Instrument mode (press the 'Inst.' buttons to access Instrument Mode). This also makes it easy to know which effects you have control over.

If you like the Reason integration with Impact, you will LOVE the integration with Panorama (much more visual feedback so it's easier to know what you are controlling).

justin3am wrote:
hibidy wrote:So far, I can sum it up as a nice controller that seems to work very well. Definitely worth the price of admission (of course that doesn't take into account long term use)

Hi hibidy,

To control an effect in Reason, you will need to create a track for it. Simply click on the effect you want to control, go to the 'Edit' menu and select 'Create Track for <insert effect name here>'. Then once that track is selected, you should be able to control it from Instrument mode (press the 'Inst.' buttons to access Instrument Mode). This also makes it easy to know which effects you have control over.

If you like the Reason integration with Impact, you will LOVE the integration with Panorama (much more visual feedback so it's easier to know what you are controlling).
Thanks man, I didn't understand that.

Sweet, so that works for "prop" stuff. I'm too f...ing new to even bother asking about "rolling my own" :lol:

Anyways, again, it's a pretty fracking slick controller. If you are on a budget and want something well made with a plethora of options, do hesitate....pass go!

BTW, not sure if I mentioned that it seems to work really well with studio one as well. The only question I have is WTF with the "loop" NEVER (on any controller) being active :x It's got to be a studio one issue or SOMEONE would have done it.

I'd be interested to hear how you like it with Bitwig and people think the key bed is. Is there any of that lag with Bitwig? I've been looking at it myself. I probably already would have bought it if it had endless rotary encoders.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”