What is your favorite small effects developer and why?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sknote - some of the best emulations in fact i don't use that much my expensive plugins...
Toneboosters:high end quality crazy cheap !
Analog in the Box and Alex B - when u want analog !
Klanghelm- superb quality !
Tokyo Down Labs - Fabien show us that in the right hands digital its fantastic!
Cytomic - one of the greatest!

I'd add Valhalla DSP to the lot. Sean made high quality reverbs affordable for the masses. ;)
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

For me it is http://ddmf.eu that shines through.

Early Metaplugin days, very listening to user requests and an excellent product at reasonable price.
Quickly implemented VST3 load, as well as building a menu from what you got from disk so far.

Apart from flexible usage of instruments and midi plugins in conjunction I also use it to line up tracks reporting latency to host only.

ToneBoosters, MuLabs, Acon, EaReckon, Lachlan Barrat, Sonimus...the most pleasant experiences.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

lacandon wrote: Analog in the Box and Alex B - when u want analog !
Am I missing something here? I only see libraries for Nebula.

FWIW, I tried to look into nebula (again) and they still have the worst website I've seen for any VST developer. :x

valhalla has persistently dominated these threads for several years now..

imo what he's done right that new developers can learn from.. of course there was the initial freebie, generally a prudent move of course. we have focused releases founded on years of experience before any product, and a price tier below the "majors" yet appreciable for the developer and for the expectancies of the clientele. plus engaging and continuing customer relations.

i would like to suggest that how sean really connected was by offering a technically informative experience for the consumer by posting and blogging about the technologies used. often this is only practiced to an extent to authorise the credibility of the developer, whereas the blogs and posts offered a volume and consistency of information that allowed consumers a greater discretion of reverb products in general.

andy at cytomic i would qualify similarly to an extent, although imo the public discussion of dsp was less accessible.

if you want the market to remember you, it seems cogent to maximise your real benefit to your market :) (and perhaps not to proceed beyond this!)
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

xoxos wrote:valhalla has persistently dominated these threads for several years now..

imo what he's done right that new developers can learn from.. of course there was the initial freebie, generally a prudent move of course. we have focused releases founded on years of experience before any product, and a price tier below the "majors" yet appreciable for the developer and for the expectancies of the clientele. plus engaging and continuing customer relations.

i would like to suggest that how sean really connected was by offering a technically informative experience for the consumer by posting and blogging about the technologies used. often this is only practiced to an extent to authorise the credibility of the developer, whereas the blogs and posts offered a volume and consistency of information that allowed consumers a greater discretion of reverb products in general.

andy at cytomic i would qualify similarly to an extent, although imo the public discussion of dsp was less accessible.

if you want the market to remember you, it seems cogent to maximise your real benefit to your market :) (and perhaps not to proceed beyond this!)
For developers like yourself and a handful of others, the technical side of things was a benefit and an attraction to his plugs. However, I have a feeling more people were simply drawn to the clean and simple GUIs, and the incredible sound. All the other stuff really doesn't matter to many of us.
[Insert Signature Here]

Ichad.c wrote:Signaldust stuff just screams quality. He might not be that well known in the 'regular' sub-forums, but I don't think there is a single developer here at KVR that doesn't know who he is. He never does any type of advertising/promotion.
True dat. Really great dev, very helpful and one of the slickest coders I am aware of. Genius. Dolphin, Tila2, Abstract Chamber, Dust Bucket (!!!), Dust Eq, Sweep, Dust Analyzer ...

Xoxos - holy s..t! Imho BONG is the best VA Drum Synth on this planet. His new synth Float kicks ass when it comes to evolving and moving pad sounds. Modal, Radian, Starcym2, stoooner...very innovative plug ins.

VOS - NastyDLA mkII and Prefix are my most used Plug ins

TDR - true digital pioneers

And all of the above mentioned are very communicative and explain a lot. Thx for that guys. :tu:

Cheers
Sebastian
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

bailees7irish wrote:
xoxos wrote:valhalla has persistently dominated these threads for several years now..

For developers like yourself and a handful of others, the technical side of things was a benefit and an attraction to his plugs. However, I have a feeling more people were simply drawn to the clean and simple GUIs, and the incredible sound. All the other stuff really doesn't matter to many of us.
It was a combination of all of the above for me that sets Valhalla apart from many others.
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

HobbyCore wrote:
lacandon wrote: Analog in the Box and Alex B - when u want analog !
Am I missing something here? I only see libraries for Nebula.

FWIW, I tried to look into nebula (again) and they still have the worst website I've seen for any VST developer. :x
They are in the category of small developers even if they make libraries only for Nebula at this point,but their libraries are the best.For 20 bucks u can have superb quality much further then most algo's even the overpriced uad ,waves etc !
Even Henry Olonga ones dirt cheap super professional quality.... I was so disappointed with the Kush Clariphonic plugin but then i tried the Olonga Clariphonic and i still use it superb quality !

Right now, I think my favorite small company might be Kuassa. If you tweak their stuff right it can sound really good. The eqs are fantastic and I'm thinking of replacing Nebula instances with these. No, they don't sound better than Nebula but when tweaked right I don't feel like I'm missing much and the cpu, ease of use, and load times really make up for it. Also, really coming around to their amp sims as well. They can be made to sound bad like anything else but I think with proper tweaking can sound very convincing. I hope that Kuassa continues to make more eqs and also expands their line into compressors, modulation, and tape saturation fx. That would make me very happy :love:

double post
Last edited by AC222 on Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kuassa, Hornet

Both fantastic companies with fantastic products that can compete with the big boys, but dont get a lot of attention, sadly.

itneveris wrote:Kuassa, Hornet

Both fantastic companies with fantastic products that can compete with the big boys, but dont get a lot of attention, sadly.
Well said. A little off topic but curious to know how the Hornet compressors compare with Sknote compressors since they bought do a dbx, 1176, la2a (sknote is coming out with an la2a in stripbus3). I have been happy with sknote products so far. Also, a big shout out to Acon Digital. My experience with them has been nothing short of stellar. Stian is the man.

Return to “Effects”