Convince me not to buy Omnisphere 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The beatles were 100% omnisphere free. The kinks were 100% omnisphere free. Elvis presley were omnisphere proof. Do you really want to be a rocker, or not ?

Once I looked past it's greatness (I don't own it) and started looking at it's price tag I'm telling myself to stay away. I've got so many synths and libraries that I don't need to add to my drive space with another rompler (I will end up using it that way).
With the best service deal being wiped out that is some serious change for me to lay down on software. I could get a great Intel processor or a great audio interface, SSDs.
A new user can look at this as a buy one get one free but it's still a lot of money. Outside of presets I don't really know how to create new sounds out of the synths I own. MacProVideo had a $15 a month offer. So hopefully it will help me to avoid buying the latest and greatest and learn to use what I have. If you have Komplete, there is so much there and I think mastering Reaktor would take you far. It's interesting what people are doing with Image Line's Harmor. Free upgrade always seems to make us never think twice.

You already know you don't need it. You have enough just with what you mentioned to make unlimited music for decades.

Omnisphere will not make you more focused and productive
Omnisphere will not make you more talented
Omnisphere will not make your music better
Omnisphere will not get you laid

Omnisphere will not make coffee or tea, it will not walk your dog or take out the trash. It will not make your teeth whiter, grow your hair, or give you a tan. It will not fix a leaky roof, paint a room, or do the dishes. It will not clean the oven, change the oil in your car, rotate the tires or change the kitty liter box. Omnisphere will not cure a hangover, aid in digestion or make you thinner.

Aside from that it's a one trick pony that is only good for making music. And even then you gotta provide the talent.

budweiser wrote:The beatles were 100% omnisphere free. The kinks were 100% omnisphere free. Elvis presley were omnisphere proof. Do you really want to be a rocker, or not ?
Good try :D But The Beatles weren't technically 100% Omnisphere free, considering Harrison had one of the few commercially available original Moogs installed in one of EMI's "cleaning closets" (just like EMI to have a frikkin' supplies closet big enough to fit that sucker), and George Martin worried it would start an electrical fire that would kill everybody in the building.

But I love your point, as a rocker & devout Spectrasonics junkie I do recognize um... a possible, slight disconnect? But Trilian is a must for me in this regard, so to each his/her own.

pdxindy wrote:You already know you don't need it. You have enough just with what you mentioned to make unlimited music for decades.

But it will make you broke. ;)
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Put the money towards buying a shiny new iPhone 6 instead.

Ed A. wrote:Put the money towards buying a shiny new iPhone 6 instead.
Ouch.

declan32001 wrote:
Ed A. wrote:Put the money towards buying a shiny new iPhone 6 instead.
Ouch.
:scared:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Omnisphere 2 is the new "Killer" App - It is the iPhone of vst's and all other vsti's (except sylenth1) will be left in it's wake.
Omnisphere 2 is THE cure for GAS - You will not need to purchase another synth/sampler/rompler for the rest of your days
Omnisphere 2 will increase your net worth - you won't need any of your old synths because Omnisphere 2 does every kind of sound.

Oh, yeah convince you not to buy..hmmmm... It cost $500 ? :roll: :help: :hihi:

Hmmmm....I think that the answer is.....no, wait..

pdxindy wrote:You already know you don't need it. You have enough just with what you mentioned to make unlimited music for decades.

Someone needs to make a poster out of this and replace omnisphere with 'XXX DAW/VST" :D

I think the cure for the GAS is strong..hmm..feeling a bit better now. :pray:

C-note wrote:Omnisphere 2 is THE cure for GAS - You will not need to purchase another synth/sampler/rompler for the rest of your day
Here, I fixed that for ya :hihi:

Don't buy Omni 2 because, Spectrasonic's logo is a Satanic Symbol... :wink:

Rajah wrote:Image

Don't buy Omni 2 because, Spectrasonic's logo is a Satanic Symbol... :wink:
I expect a 6 part video series on this... no less.
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

Return to “Instruments”